CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure it’s blaming it’s just an observation as to how bizarre this type of lifestyle is to some of us. I would never post pictures of my sleeping toddlers online or constantly film everything - to me it is very strange and I would divorce my spouse if he started doing this. Of course it doesn’t mean they deserved to be killed. It’s really just impossible not to notice because it is odd.
I don’t think she “constantly filmed everything”. If that was the case there would be much more footage then their already was. She had a very active online presence though. It seems to me that she constantly kept her kids happy, constantly parented, constantly cleaned and kept a tidy home, constantly tried to work on her marriage. It may be odd to you but plenty of people do document parts of their life. Especially if that is their means of earning an income. If that is divorce worthy for you that is ok. But in all the things Chris did and said that was never brought up as an issue. It’s odd that a person would would focus in on that as a reason their marriage was in trouble when the person who killed her didn’t even bring it up as a reason??

I don’t think she “constantly filmed everything”. If that was the case there would be much more footage then their already was. She had a very active online presence though. It seems to me that she constantly kept her kids happy, constantly parented, constantly cleaned and kept a tidy home, constantly tried to work on her marriage. It may be odd to you but plenty of people do document parts of their life. Especially if that is their means of earning an income. If that is divorce worthy for you that is ok. But in all the things Chris did and said that was never brought up as an issue. It’s odd that a person would would focus in on that as a reason their marriage was in trouble when the person who killed her didn’t even bring it up as a reason??
it was just something i picked up on and thought was a little strange. there seemed to be so much footage and pics. thousands upon thousands in fact. was there any reason why she documented so much of herself and the kids like that? did she make money from it or something? she spoke to the camera as in ' hi everyone, today we are..... ' i was wondering who 'everyone' were. i cant work out why other people, especially strangers would be so interested in another persons life like that and follow their every move. i get it with someone like kylie jenner, but this was a random mom in Colorado?

it was just something i picked up on and thought was a little strange. there seemed to be so much footage and pics. thousands upon thousands in fact. was there any reason why she documented so much of herself and the kids like that? did she make money from it or something? she spoke to the camera as in ' hi everyone, today we are..... ' i was wondering who 'everyone' were. i cant work out why other people, especially strangers would be so interested in another persons life like that and follow their every move. i get it with someone like kylie jenner, but this was a random mom in Colorado?
Shan'ann is a victim. As such, it doesn't make any sense, and is not fair, IMO, to bash her for making videos of her kids before her husband, who had a mistress on the side, murdered them all. Shan'ann and her kids are the victims in this murder case, what else is there to work out? She's dead, and they couldn't even have an open casket, the kids were like blocks of seeping crude oil, actually inflammable. Her fetus was expelled while she was in the shallow grave where predator vermin could feed on her. What difference would it make if she filmed her kids when they were alive?

For the sake of those who loved SW and her kids, ie her parents and brother, I'm sure it is soothing to have those memories she filmed.

Last edited:
I didn’t see thousands upon thousands. That’s a pretty large exaggeration. There are two types of footage they showed. Personal videos and work videos. She would go “live” on Facebook and share what the product she was selling was doing for her family. That’s the videos where you hear her say “hi everyone”. Then there are videos where she is just capturing moments of her sweet family. After the murders her phone was seized and those videos (and text and photos) were released. What you see in the documentary was a mixture of both.

Here ya go. 1,960 pages. It only took me a month to get through.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5219206/Christopher-Watts-REDACTED-FINAL.pdf

There are also the hours and hours of full interrogation videos on YT.

So I did a deep dive into the file. A couple of things stood out.
#1 did I read it right that a psychic from another state told the police on the 15th that Shanann was strangled, the girls smothered and that they’d be found in a wooded area (the wooded area was wrong but everything else was accurate)
#2 what is the deal with Nikki researching both Chris and Shannan’s names a year before the murders? A glitch in the phone?

When you look at it in hindsight..... Chris has a young hot girlfriend, he has been flirting with, and seeing her and lost a lot of weight and got in shape. His life has changed and he's in love.
Shananns intuition is telling her something is up but she has no proof. She goes away with her friend for a week leaving him with the kids -hoping to slow him down and remind him of his responsibilities. Instead he hires a babysitter, spends 2 grand at a bar and has a tryst with his lover.
Its D Day, the line in the sand has been drawn. You could see by Shannnans body posture as she enters the house at 2 am she is on a mission.She is spoiling to confront him. You can bet the first thing she said to him was get the out of this house immediately.
The weasels response has been to rape and kill her . then he has killed the kids.
He is hoping to pass it off as a mysterious disappearance of all three and start a new life with his mistress. When he is shown the neighbours security camera footage of his truck leaving the house the look on his face is so tragic it is almost comical. The neighbour is awake to him immediately and the police would have been too.
What a douchebag. Those poor little children.
I hope he gets some jailhouse justice from other inmates eventually and am really sad he evaded the death penalty.
One of the worst crimes in recent memory-sympathy to Shannans family.

I have to say the Netflix documentary is very good IMO. I saw footage and texts from Shannan I don’t recall seeing. Maybe I just don’t remember all the details. I highly recommend it.

The police officer body cam was amazing! The police footage, of everything in real time. And all of the video of CW, being questioned, the polygraph. What a lying scum.

I was sad, seeing Sha'nann's text messages. It was pretty obvious that she was hurting. And her husband was over her.

Interesting that CW's GF was in this as well.

Well done. And very sad.

We will be discussing Chris Watts tonight.
Tonight a special Sunday edition of Websleuths YouTube Live.
What is going on in the mind of family annihilaters? Forensic Psychiatrist Dr.Micharl Armbruster joins us at 10 pm Eastern tonight to take your questions and help us understand what happens to turn a person into a killer of their own family.
Metro Atlanta Psychiatry
This is one YouTube live stream you should not miss. 10 PM EASTERN TONIGHT!
Click the link below and join us!!
https://tinyurl.com/qqhq3dv

I didn’t know she was raped before being killed!?
CW said he had sex with shanann before he killed her. Maybe he did; I don’t know if any of his dna was ever found on her to corroborate that but I’m convinced she was in fact sleeping when he did murder her. If he raped her before it I feel like she would be awake and would have tried to fight back but he had NO marks, scratches or defense wounds at all. I think she was asleep, which makes the whole thing even more cruel and tragic if that’s possible?

Later, after he was arrested and in prison, he finally told investigators that the girls were alive when he drove them to the site. He smothered Cece first, dropped her in the tank, and then Bella asked him if he was going to do the same thing to her that he did to Cece. He said he didn't remember if he answered but that her last words were, "No, Daddy!"

When they interrogated him before his arrest, after he finally admitted he killed Shanann and dropped the girls bodies into the tanks, he casually described how he opened the lids and dropped them, one at a time in two separate tanks. Bella didn't fit as well so he had to push her body through. He said one tank was almost empty and the other was more full. When they asked him how he knew he said he could tell by the amount of time before he heard each one "splash."

He talked about all this calmly until they asked if there was any way his daughters could have been alive before he dropped them. He blurted out, "No, God no!"
How does one claim a coerced confession when he was the one to tell LE where the bodies were? And that all the details matched what he told LE? It makes no sense. In true coerced confessions, the police are the one feeding the details (like Jesse Miskelley from the West Memphis 3 case).

I didn’t know she was raped before being killed!?
He said he had sex with her. If you look at her demeanour as she arrives home at 2 am she appears to me to be furious-and rightly so- he has just spent close to 2 grand at a bar with his new girlfriend . I have no doubt she stormed into the home and told him to pack his bags and get out. There is going to be no voluntary lovey dove sex that night.If it happened it was rape IMO.
I think he he revealed his true self for the first time to her. No more Mr submissive, nice guy everythings ok sheepish smile. Instead a backhander , then murder.

He said he had sex with her. If you look at her demeanour as she arrives home at 2 am she appears to me to be furious-and rightly so- he has just spent close to 2 grand at a bar with his new girlfriend . I have no doubt she stormed into the home and told him to pack his bags and get out. There is going to be no voluntary lovey dove sex that night.If it happened it was rape IMO.
I think he he revealed his true self for the first time to her. No more Mr submissive, nice guy everythings ok sheepish smile. Instead a backhander , then murder.
BBM - this is news to me, wasn't it $65 or there abouts?

Yes. The bank balance was around $1,800. They did not seem to be in the best financial shape. CW was earning about $55,000 a year at Ardarko doing well maintance. I am not sure what Sha'nann's earnings were as a Thrive consultant. But it looked like she was really working her Thrive business, with a large online presence.

Yes, roughly.

Discovery pg 737, PDF pg 650:

... responded to the Lazy Dog Sports Bar and Grill located at 3100 Village Vista
Drive in Erie, Colorado. On 08/11/18 CHRIS WATTS and NICHOL KESSINGER ate dinner there sometime between 1700 and 2200 hours. It was reported that WATTS spent approximately $60 on a salmon dinner.

We’ve seen a lot of the video footage already. I think anything new in the documentary was private video she sent to friends and family, not posted on social media. Remember she was extremely close to her parents and brother, they lived across the country and I would suspect they sent videos to each other multiple times a day. The Rzuek family contributed to this documentary, so it makes sense they may have provided some of the private videos Shanann sent that were new.

And having followed this case from day one, I’m still disgusted when people imply her personality or online presence was a valid reason to be murdered. Sure we’re all drawn to some personalities and put off by others, but to be murdered over it?! No way. Chris should’ve just grown a set and filed for divorce. Shanann, Bella, CeCe and Nico would be fine by now, living a great life they deserved. NK would’ve broken up with CW long ago when she realized who he really is and he’d be alone in a dumpy apartment. And none of us should’ve ever known their names.

CW said he had sex with shanann before he killed her. Maybe he did; I don’t know if any of his dna was ever found on her to corroborate that but I’m convinced she was in fact sleeping when he did murder her. If he raped her before it I feel like she would be awake and would have tried to fight back but he had NO marks, scratches or defense wounds at all. I think she was asleep, which makes the whole thing even more cruel and tragic if that’s possible?
I've never believed he had sex with her that night. After all, she had been upset that he had shown no affection for weeks. However, he may have gotten her in a position that made her more vulnerable for strangulation. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks