GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

I guess I don't really see what impact it would have on the case if Chris did have some type of (genital or not) cancer prior to conceiving Bella. If it was an STI, and it was treated and cleared, I don't see that having any impact either. Especially for men, infections can lie dormant for years, so its not proof of infidelity. Besides, we already have proof of his infidelity. I agree there is a reason he wanted the medical records sealed but I cant really think of a good reason why that would have an impact on the case. Maybe he just didn't want his or the kids private medical info known to the public. I know I wouldn't, especially if it was irrelevant.

2. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Wow - his parents were a real piece of work IMO

3. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

I didn’t realize both girls were asthmatic. Just when I thought I couldn’t think less of CW I learn that he snuffed out the lives of two tiny girls who had already spent their entire lives struggling to breathe. What a monster! MOO

LinasK, PommyMommy, sds71 and 16 others like this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

One of CW's last acts against SW was when he failed to take up the issue of "nut-gate" with his mother and sister -- especially after the event caused SW to stop visiting her in-laws and the girl's grandparents during the extended stay in NC before their deaths.

Allowing the disclosure of the medical records would certainly have confirmed the alleged nut allergy and may have even turned the negative social media attention towards the Watts women and away from the social media hammering that SW received (and still receiving). MOO

5. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

That’s an interesting hypothesis and one I hadn’t thought of. However I don’t think he cared much about protecting Mama. I think he mostly hates her. His Dad matters a lot to him though.

It was Dad he wanted to see when he was in trouble, not Mom. And his Mom had been against SW since the dawn of time. It wasn’t until Ronny said he wouldn’t come to the birthday party because of Mama’s strained relationship w/SW that CW seemed really bothered.

Not that the medical records had anything to do w/his Dad. I don’t think they did. I still think the info he wanted to hide so badly had to do with CW himself.

6. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

heres the motion https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...al_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/D40.pdf and here's the order https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...rict/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Order C 21.pdf. I do not think (at the moment) that if the pleading contained HIPPA information in regards to CW, that they would want it suppressed, afterall if useful to the prosecution, they would want to use it. I still think its related to either the children or SW. What are the consent requirements for HIPPA in relation to other peoples data? Does it expire on someones death or can next of kin give consent for the release? I'm not sure whether the sealed pleading was filed or not (do sealed pleading show up as filed on the court document system?).

DaisyKenny and ModernMrsDarcy like this.
  7. MLaps

MLaps Well-Known Member

I saw an article that someone on TikTok pointed out that she might have been there, and though the videos that I saw were enhanced and still a little grainy - it definitely didn't look like it was just Chris there. It's terrible that they won't open this back up and investigate her further.

8. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Does anyone know....

Does the interview with FBI/CBI/FP qualify for evidence? IE of a confession. And the details. Is there any reason that 5-7 hours of video tape of him would not be eligible for evidence during an appeal. The Feb 18 2019 interview which we saw in March.

9. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it would be considered evidence. I don't see any reason for that to be suppressed. CW was not under arrest, he could have easily obtained an attorney if he had had a lick of sense.

10. mickey2942

11. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

LinasK, Traymar, PommyMommy and 11 others like this.
  12. they'll get you

they'll get you CHRIS. P. BACON

I believe imo that the insurance did go to Shannan’s parents only because they were the trustees of the estate.
    There would be ongoing bills associated with the house until it’s sold.

Chris Watts had a $450k life insurance policy through his employer that would pay out in the event of an untimely death. The sum consists of $300,000 for Shanann and $75,000 for each of the girls. No mention was made of Shanann’s unborn son.

Chris Watts’ parents (Cindy and Ronnie Watts) tried to collect the money that only exists in the first place because their son murdered his entire family.
    Chris Watts’ Parents Tried To Collect $450k In Insurance Money From Shanann’s Murder

13. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

That link is horrible with pop ups and glitches. Can you post a 10% synopsis?

I saw that cw in trouble there in prison because his underwear and petroleum jelly found in another man’s cell. What the actual $&@“

14. mickey2942

I am speechless. Their son kills his entire family, and his parents want to cash in on the "accidental death" insurance policy.

There just isn't anything to say to this horror that is even appropriate. Instead of being horrified about their monster son, and shamed by his behavior, they just move forward, business as usual. Must collect insurance money they are "entitled" to.

There would be such a curse on this blood money, they should use it to create a children's park where the house is...

PommyMommy, CalmSeas, scdiv and 14 others like this.
  15. mickey2942

This poor kid he hooked up with has mental problems, and shouldn't even be in this facility. Looks like another victim of CW.

Seems like CW has quite a bit of money to spend on phone calls, commissary items. Ugh.

Traymar, LeeAnnB, PommyMommy and 9 others like this.
  16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

It looks to me that the insurance company paid the money to the Court registry and they paid it to the attorneys trust account. Then, it was paid out pursuant to a settlement agreement between the Killers parents and Shan'ann's parents. Wonder what was in that agreement? It is not included in the court filing. I bet neither party is allowed to discuss it. I sincerely hope the killer's parents got $1 or less - but I doubt it.
    JMO

17. hpruitt

hpruitt Well-Known Member

It absolutely infuriates me to no end that Chris Watts' parents feel they had any right whatsoever to that insurance money!!! :mad:

18. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

they have no shame. JMO

LinasK, Traymar, PommyMommy and 16 others like this.
  19. DaisyKenny

DaisyKenny Well-Known Member

Well last year the Watts admitted through a family friend on social media that CW murdered all of them. Now they are backtracking on that, IMO to try to justify their claim on the insurance money and his absurd idea for an appeal.

20. mickey2942

Appeal?! Of course. Based on insanity? Mental incapacity? The fact that his rights were violated?

CW is where he belongs. I wish it was death row.