Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildcatRunner

WildcatRunner Well-Known Member

No game means not skilled at picking up women. Probably not flirtatious, or charming, etc

2. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

The prosecutor specifically asked that question. It was give the defense time to prepare motions for evidence preservation. It was NOT an order to hold the autopsy - just to give the defense as much notice as possible. The judge specifically said, if the ME was not able to give 48 hours notice, the ME should let them know that as soon as reasonably possible.

3. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Kindness Matters

For 2 nites CW was unable to stay in the home where he murdered his family due to the "ghost town" he created.

I hope he's haunted every moment of the remainder of his life. I hope someone speaks their names out loud to him regularly & often . I hope they serve him his kids fav foods. I hope he hears their laughs and their cries all thru the night. I hope he smells his wife's perfume , hears her footsteps.

He is a worthless coward who doesnt deserve to draw another breath and should be reminded often.

4. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Stand for your beliefs, even if you stand alone.

Yeah, I would call him many things, but charming certainly wouldn't be one of them.

5. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

(RBBM)

Cheers to that. I went back and watched the interview with the above (bolded) in mind. I had noticed that he did not refer to any of them by name until the reporter asked for the names and spelling in the unedited version. It seemed like saying their names broke down the distancing he kept using in his language, which likely reflected his thought patterns.

It was like saying their names brought them momentarily back to life for him. Then sadness, as I wondered whether they called out to him or to each other in bewilderment and fear, and those were the echos he was hearing ringing in his ears.

6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I definitely think many of the men and women working this case are going to go home, put their heads down and cry.

7. WildcatRunner

I would think he was ok with it. Based on a March 26 Instagram post from Shanann, CW was selling Thrive too.

8. WildcatRunner

Unfortunately, unless the fetus took at least 1 breath outside the womb, it is not a crime to kill an unborn child in Colorado.

Lore Listener and Tippy Lynn like this.
  9. IrishGreenize

IrishGreenize Member

It appears that his mother had little value of her precious grandchildren's lives if she in fact tried to feed them food they were allergic to, knowing very well it could kill them. Perhaps psychotic behavior runs in his family. Just saying....

10. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

11. gitana1

Whoa!!! I wonder why that is?

AnaTeresa, Cortne and Betty P like this.
  12. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

Wondering, as others on this thread certainly are, if he "found another". If so, speculating that this other female wanted nothing to do with raising children who weren't hers.

JMVHO.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    x_files, RavenCC2020, Cortne and 5 others like this.
  13. mountainguy777

mountainguy777 Former Member

Yeah, early on there was talk about her ex and if he was near.

Cortne, turanna25, flourish and 2 others like this.
  14. WildcatRunner

Here in Weld County (where the bodies will be taken) the coroner is elected, but there are also 2 full time, and one or two part time forensic pathologists on staff also.

15. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Well-Known Member

My sincere best wishes for the responders who had to recover the bodies.
    It must have been difficult work emotionally, especially the bodies of such young children.
    My thanks to them for their work to see that they are returned to their loved ones so they can be respectfully laid to rest.
    Now I can't say their names or I'll get emotional.

16. Kitagrl

Kitagrl Well-Known Member

I just looked at her IG and it kind of confirmed, at least in my own mind (MOO) that, as someone posted earlier that she was planning on leaving him, that she probably just told him she was leaving and taking the kids, and he probably lost it. Decided if he couldn’t have them, nobody could.

One thing that stood out to me under one of the photos is that she had mentioned that she was so glad she stayed with him, as she had “pushed him away” at first. It makes me wonder if he had an underlying personality/mental/emotional red flag that she originally felt uncomfortable about but then decided to ignore? He is a very good looking man, but maybe he had a huge problem, which would explain why their marriage was suffering after only 8 years and why their finances were suffering and why she decided to leave him...and why she was evidently hesitant to be in the relationship to begin with.

Such a cute family. So sad. I don’t know how people do this stuff.

17. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

Gitana: Bluesneakers was good enough to answer my "I wonder why". Here is her response:

18. gitana1

Powerful, Hazel. You're making me tear up again. I'm not a crier but man. This case.

19. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

Personally I believe killing a foetus by murdering a pregnant Mother to be should be a crime but I don’t want to derail the thread by causing a debate. At least he should be spending the rest of his life in prison

tara joan, Weeobanite, Tiny and 14 others like this.
  20. gitana1

Yes but his sentence wouldn't be any higher. I know Niko deserves to be counted and remembered. Little mite is a victim too. But the creep is not going to get a lesser sentence because the law wasn't in place.

Katharine, Sunnymicki, dms and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.