Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, doing my best to play catch up, so apologies if this is already been pointed out.

That dreadful last picture from Shanann's Facebook of the covered fake body has been removed. That seems incredibly telling.

The speculation that he might have text it to her while she was in Arizona seems to have new credence..maybe?

I'm just surprised authorities haven't shut this Facebook down while they investigate and it goes to trial/sentencing of him.

Too many people have seen it, it has been captured by other sleuths and you just can't unring any bell on the internet once it is out there.

Very creepy to me to think that there was something to that photo that has sinister/revealing motives. Maybe the family too it down but, imo, it was more likely authorities.
Personally, I've not been able to "un-see" that photo and delete from memory, or forget SW's caption that read: "Not sure what to make of this?" It's haunting, and wish I'd never seen it....

I have a guess about the husbands and August. I’m a stay at home mom of five boys and have a pretty healthy marriage. My husband and I were coincidentally talking about this tonight. August is Horrible on our marriage. It’s so hard! It’s hot. We’re all burnt out from traveling and having kids home fighting all summer. Trying to organize to go back to school. Lots of expenses. Money stress. House is a disaster. Everyone is tired and there’s tension all the time. I just told my husband I need a hotel room for August! Sunday goes the same pattern. Husbands home all weekend, you’re trying to accomplish all the obligations. Everyone is done by Sunday afternoon. Not that exhaustion. And stress equates murder. Or justifies it in anyway. But even in a great marriage, I feel like this is the hardest time of year, other than Christmas. Just my two cents and idea about the statistic.

I read its because men have visitations on weekends & summers. They see having to "return the children" to their mother as a power imbalance.

Oh, I wonder what his position at the oil & gas place. I’ll figure out the timeline of it I guess but it just seems weird that someone who is about to declare bankruptcy is able to buy a house of that value. This wasn’t the housing bubble of 2008. What a mess.

Side note: MLM’s are no good, they destroy lives. Not blaming anyone here but the piece of ish husband. Just don’t get mixed up with MLM’s. I just read about some poor dude who has to take an oil field job because their wife put them into $18,000 debt and he’s thinking about not even going home. MLM’s are just like drugs but somehow socially acceptable.

I'm not very knowledgeable about the bankruptcy process. Did they keep their home despite filing? Or they bought after?

I think this was the link @gitana1 posted upstream. Reposting.

Study: family killers are usually men and fit one of four distinct profiles | WIRED UK

“Family break-up -- including related issues, such as access to children -- was the most common cause of family murders, followed by financial troubles, honour killings and mental illness. 81 percent of men who killed members of their family attempted to kill themselves afterwards. People who are murdered usually have some kind of existing relationship with their murderer, Wilson says, but those who committed family annihilation were in no way "typical" murderers. "What's interesting and different about this category of murderer, is that those typical murderers will be well known to the criminal justice system, they'll have a criminal record, or they'll be know to the mental health services or drugs counsellors. Family annihilators were overwhelmingly not known to criminal justice or mental health services. For all intents and purposes these were loving husbands and good fathers, often holding down high profile jobs and seen publicly as being very, very successful. They were simply not on the radar."“
-more at link

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
The 3 most common motives for murder are money/financial, sex, revenge.

Financial problems is also one of the largest factors in marital discourse and divorce.

I definitely think finances could be a factor. Other murder suicides have revealed similar motives. Moo.

Last edited by a moderator:
It happens pretty frequently, actually. A man whose family has financial problems feels like a failure, and can take drastic measures so his family no longer has to “suffer.” Sick, I know.

Also, bankruptcy is not the norm where I am from. I have never had to do it, and I do not know anyone who has, including family.

I was curious and looked up stats, and in the U.S., less than 1% of Americans, fewer than 10 out of every 1000, declare it in a given year:

Bankruptcy Statistics: How Many File Bankruptcy Each Year?

Sadly, many people are killed over debt/finances, including a man killing his family. Money, drugs and or sex are some of the hot hitters when it comes to murder.

A 6 week vacation without a spouse seems extreme to me as well. I’m not sure who does that.

That makes more sense. I read earlier today the bankruptcy was in 2015. When did they move to CO?
Not sure when they moved I just remember reading they lived in CO when BK was filed. It's what prompted me to post today. That and the HOA court date. By filing BK and I'm just speculating here, if they didn't reinstate their mortgage after then essentially they could walk away from said home and the bank would have no recourse to recoup any losses from let's say a short sale or foreclosure sale.

Not sure when they moved I just remember reading they lived in CO when BK was filed. It's what prompted me to post today. That and the HOA court date. By filing BK and I'm just speculating here, if they didn't reinstate their mortgage after then essentially they could walk away from said home and the bank would have no recourse to recoup any losses from let's say a short sale or foreclosure sale.

Got it. Thanks for the info! I think this played a big role in this crime.

Finally finished this thread. <modsnip> Also never really knew about this Thrive, but this is really bad PR for them. Those poor babies...I think he had to have done it earlier than the mom just for the time alloted and how they did not find the babies immediately. This had to be a plan and not just a spur of the moment thing. I wonder if he communicated her Shanann after the babies were murdered via text or phone call. I can not imagine he did not.

BBM

Slightly off topic. Does anyone remember if Thrive was the product murder victim Missy Bevers sold?

I read they made 90K a year. Everyone in their 30's has debt. Theirs was not extreme in my opinion.

True, but the fact they declared bankruptcy shows they were living far above their means and could no longer make ends meet. Sounds like they were losing their house. That is terribly stressful on a couple with two young children and the wife pregnant.

It happens pretty frequently, actually. A man whose family has financial problems feels like a failure, and can take drastic measures so his family no longer has to “suffer.” Sick, I know.

Also, bankruptcy is not the norm where I am from. I have never had to do it, and I do not know anyone who has, including family.

I was curious and looked up stats, and in the U.S., less than 1% of Americans, fewer than 10 out of every 1000, declare it in a given year:

Bankruptcy Statistics: How Many File Bankruptcy Each Year?

You must not live in the south lol... I think it's 1 in every 100 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288