Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From MG's interviews, it was the norm for BM to collect MG for work. BM's Ford 350 is diesel-powered and if it's he's at the 4 way stop, everybody is going to hear it. And if the motorist is delayed by an outgoing firetruck, even more so. MOO

But he had already made arrangements with MG to pick her up at 5:30pm according to NoSI's notes. So why was it not out of the norm for him to be sitting there, truck running, at 4am?

At the very least, I would have expected MG to be confused as to why he was there 13½ hours early.

Is there a link somewhere that says that MG lived on the main thoroughfare that BM would have used in his travels? If so, that would certainly help to pin down his movements that early morning.

ETA:
3:25 a.m. and 3:51 a.m. - truck doors opened and closed between these times, signifying someone was in the truck.
3:30 a.m. - investigators say data showed the truck moved to the area where the bike was recovered
4:00 a.m. - MG says she heard his truck outside her place
4:20 a.m. - Suzanne’s phone stopped sending a signal
5:37 a.m. - Barry Morphew drove nearly 3 hours to Broomfield

Barry Morphew Hearing: Tranquilizer Dart Cap Found In Family's Dryer
Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...out-movements-surrounding-wifes-disappearance

Last edited:
Okay - I just skimmed the last 100 plus posts - so not sure if this has been posted yet. Forgive me - if it has. New court date for Voter fraud charge.

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
9/17/21 - Voter Fraud
1:30 PM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Status Conference D82021CR85 Chaffee County Division 2

9/17/21 - Murder
1:30 PM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Preliminary Hearing D82021CR78 Chaffee County Division 2

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

IMO, if a Mountain Lion had attacked SM while sunbathing outside, there would be blood everywhere.

But then again, I am quite protective of the oft maligned Mountain Lion...

JMO

The mountain lion has hired a lawyer on the advice of Bigfoot. Who would also like it known that he hasn't been to Colorado in years so don't get any ideas.

I don’t post on this tread much but I have followed along since the beginning. I have a question rattling around my brain. Could those several trash dumps been red herrings? He had to know he was going to get caught on camera at at least a few of those places? Why not take advantage of the vast wilderness and dump or bury the things he wanted disappeared? Or did he pitch the important stuff over the rail off a cliff? Maybe the stuff he disposed of about town was meaningless stuff intended to confuse LE? He was reported to be a true crime follower so he would have to know some of the tricks! I don’t know. MOO and all that. I am I interested in your thoughts. Sorry if this was discussed at length earlier.

I do actually think some of his activities on the 10th were staged for surveillance. Particularly his movements at the hotel, lurking outside or as I think of it, being seen on camera at the "time" his wife would have been "crashing her bike" if his plan worked. But other times he was careful to ensure that no camera caught the activity. The bus stop, no cameras. The shopping center where the Men's Warehouse is seems to have been struggling for awhile and aside from a lot of empty storefronts that may have still been occupied in May 2020, I couldn't find any signs of any camera in that area via Google Earth. I think he took some time to street view his route to pick out the traffic and security cams to avoid them.

From MG's interviews, it was the norm for BM to collect MG for work. BM's Ford 350 is diesel-powered and if it's he's at the 4 way stop, everybody is going to hear it. And if the motorist is delayed by an outgoing firetruck, even more so. MOO
Th biggest, the baddest, and the bestest! (I know bestest isn't a word, but I had to make it match!)

Last edited:
Also that Lulu was fed in MM2’s bedroom - was this for protection? Was Lulu small and a similar colour to a chipmunk?
moo
Since I read that, I too keep thinking about this. Why would someone need to write down to feed the cat? I suppose even if it’s usually not your chore to feed the cat you would remember to feed it when you see her walk around the house? Unless the place of the feeding changed and suddenly became important, to make her feel more at home in the room, to teach her that there is her home base.
One other option is that SM still could have had “chemo brain” and was prone to forgetting things even if those things would seem basic and logical to us. The girls should know if that was the case.
Or SM never wrote that list. I hope LE could compare the handwriting to other written text of her.

This is why I think it is super-important that the prosecution has the exact right expert(s) to explain their case to the jury.

Especially the car computer activity, and how it aligns with what happened to Suzanne.

I can see a jury getting really lost if all the data is thrown out there, without a logical and clearly explained scenario to back it up. Lord knows, it has been confusing enough for those who have followed this case for a long time.
couldn't agree more. It isn't so much the data the jury will need to consider... as it is what the data means. Those experts will be walking a fine line with the defense...who will make every effort to extract multiple possible interpretations of each and every piece of data being explained. That alone will make this trial cumbersome....just what the defense hopes for.

I don't get this - I thought Barry and Suzanne had only moved to Colorado 18 months previously? I wouldn't have thought that made Barry the expert on all things Colorado.
Maybe he hunted there before they moved? He's a big fan of canned hunting.
Also he "works all the time" so adding hunting and VFF, while being a "tightwad" AND the ATM?

Since I read that, I too keep thinking about this. Why would someone need to write down to feed the cat? I suppose even if it’s usually not your chore to feed the cat you would remember to feed it when you see her walk around the house? Unless the place of the feeding changed and suddenly became important, to make her feel more at home in the room, to teach her that there is her home base.
One other option is that SM still could have had “chemo brain” and was prone to forgetting things even if those things would seem basic and logical to us. The girls should know if that was the case.
Or SM never wrote that list. I hope LE could compare the handwriting to other written text of her.
She might be just taking care of Lulu while daughters out of town.
Kept in room so she doesn't escape.

Re: BM phone calls to CC on Sunday afternoon.

Around 54:00
LS says that CC was out of town . He came to Broomfield on Monday.

If Barry told MG to get the crew together for Broomfield...why did he then have to call CC separately? I would think it had to do with something else Barry wanted from CC. Those two calls to CC might unlock something very important.

Why is this 'not out of the norm'? He frequently sat outside MG's residence with the truck running at 4am?

Did the vehicle movements (according to its computer) indicate this was likely BM's truck?

There is something about this 4am action that bothers me. And I can't put my finger on what it is.

BM has likely murdered his wife 12 hours prior, and here he is at 4am sitting outside MG's apartment.
I think that Barry is always "in control of his surroundings". Keeping other people off balance gives him an edge. That means showing up unannounced would be routine for him. He did this constantly with Suzanne. I think MG woke up at 4am to the sound of the truck and knew exactly who it was....because she has heard that truck a thousand times at her apartment, when he picked her up for jobs. (But remember, the other workers had to drive themselves, and Barry didn't know which vehicle belonged to who). I am speculating....but MG wouldn't be surprised about being surprised.

But he had already made arrangements with MG to pick her up at 5:30pm according to NoSI's notes. So why was it not out of the norm for him to be sitting there, truck running, at 4am?

At the very least, I would have expected MG to be confused as to why he was there 13½ hours early.

Is there a link somewhere that says that MG lived on the main thoroughfare that BM would have used in his travels? If so, that would certainly help to pin down his movements that early morning.

ETA:
3:25 a.m. and 3:51 a.m. - truck doors opened and closed between these times, signifying someone was in the truck.
3:30 a.m. - investigators say data showed the truck moved to the area where the bike was recovered
4:00 a.m. - MG says she heard his truck outside her place
4:20 a.m. - Suzanne’s phone stopped sending a signal
5:37 a.m. - Barry Morphew drove nearly 3 hours to Broomfield

Barry Morphew Hearing: Tranquilizer Dart Cap Found In Family's Dryer
Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...out-movements-surrounding-wifes-disappearance
So Barry staged the bike, then drove to MG's apartment? This suggests to me that he was still finalizing the itinerary and script in his own mind...fine tuning the trip to Broomfield. It also suggests that he had Suzanne's phone with him while he was at MG's place, and disposed of it shortly thereafter...(unless he threw it in water previously, and it died coincidentally around the same time, which I doubt). I wonder what the distance and direction it was from MG's apartment to the location of the last signal on Suzanne's phone?

Last edited:
Thinking about CC. Barry was supposed to go up to Broomfield Sunday, late afternoon, with Morgan. Barry left without her in the morning, and then called her after 11 am to ask her to get a crew together for the job-gee, I guess he knew he was waiting for a call to be summoned back home. Maybe he expected his replacement to be Cassidy, but Cassidy was out of town. Pinch hitter may have then been Jeff P. I wonder if Barry suggested him after seeing him at DSI. Lots of last minute stuff cause Barry knew he wouldn’t be sticking around, and Morgan couldn’t fix the wall solo. Although later Barry said it wasn’t much work.

Thinking about CC. Barry was supposed to go up to Broomfield Sunday, late afternoon, with Morgan. Barry left without her in the morning, and then called her after 11 am to ask her to get a crew together for the job-gee, I guess he knew he was waiting for a call to be summoned back home. Maybe he expected his replacement to be Cassidy, but Cassidy was out of town. Pinch hitter may have then been Jeff P. I wonder if Barry suggested him after seeing him at DSI. Lots of last minute stuff cause Barry knew he wouldn’t be sticking around, and Morgan couldn’t fix the wall solo. Although later Barry said it wasn’t much work.
Wasn't much work for the Bobcat, which he did not bring.

I wonder how much true crime BM listened to or read about. I listen to some mysterious cases, but other cases, for some reason, don't grab my interest. One case that I watched and read about was the "Mike Williams Case". I guess this case was a big mystery for many years. It was later determined that his wife's lover buried him six feet in the muck at a boat landing, Over time the lake had expanded covering his burial spot underneath. He would have never been found unless there was a confession. Seventeen years later, there was a confession, and authorities had to build a dam and pump the water from the area he was buried at.

I wonder if BM knew of this crime as it went to trial in late 2018. It was in the news, and there is a book out.

I bring this up because I feel that BM spent that time down at the river for nefarious reasons. Was he thinking of how he could bury Suzanne under the river? I don't know what the river looks like. How wide is it? Are there a lot of rocks where one can re route the water (making a dam) to later dig under? Once buried, the rocks can be removed so the water can go over the burial site. I know my thoughts are way out there, but I just don't think he took her anywhere in either vehicle. SM being close by makes the most sense to me.

On a side note, it just seems when BM is up to no good, he uses some crazy animal story to make his actions seem innocent. He used that ridiculous "turkey" story to make something sinister appear innocent. Also, he didn't want anyone close to his property during AM searches. You would think his house and property would be the headquarters for any searches. What was BM doing? Walking around with a gun? Kind of makes me suspicious. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member