CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldenseal

Goldenseal Well-Known Member

They had vacationed there as a family for a number of years. Reportedly, they knew the Salida area pretty well.

Rolo, Flicka1, dkryder and 13 others like this.

2. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

And that motive thing. BM is the ONLY person who has benefited from SUZANNE’s disappearance and alleged murder. The ONLY one.

bbm

Possible? But not probable. IMO

BM and his attorneys can try to spin whatever convoluted fairy tale/story/lie seems to “fit” the evidence.

There’s bound to be some outlandish “interpretations” at trial based on what “explanations” we’ve heard so far, most of which would be laughable if SUZANNE wasn’t dead. IMO

The evidence can easily and seamlessly be explained by the simplest, most straightforward reason (a reason that plays out daily): husband (Barry) murders his wife (SUZANNE), and everything after is to cover up his abhorrent action. IMO

And who benefited from SUZANNE’s demise? None other than her husband, Barry Morphew. IMO

Rolo, ar3593, Flicka1 and 26 others like this.
  3. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I don't disagree but I have to think the prosecution story of Barry sneaking in and running around with a tranquilizer in a 22 is alittle outlandish. There's a hundred ways it could have happened that aren't quite so "out there" on the speculation spectrum. Prosecution still hasn't met the challenge of plausibility for me even though the concept of Barry being enraged at the idea of divorce is plausible. Takes more than a concept in a court of law when you don't have any conclusive evidence for Murder 1 in my opinion.

Flicka1, RIPRM, Kemug and 4 others like this.
  4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Agree.
    The D prepared by laying all the evidence by who is responsible for it, found the overlapping areas and then focused their questioning on those areas to create the effect that the investigators don't know what they are doing.
    They did this in the Tom Fallis case.
    Destroying credibility by exploiting the division of labor and rivalries between and within police agencies and DAs office. Stanley should take note, too many of the "I don't know" answers from a detective on the stand is not good, and cumulative.
    Right now the DA and the Judge know the game that E&N are playing, but a jury despite themselves will debit police for every "I dont know."

Better is being forthcoming, "That isn't my area of expertise," or "that question would be best to be asked of the investigative lead in that area of evidence."

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Rolo, Flicka1, Kittybunny and 17 others like this.
  5. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

River photos can be seen in the zillow listing of the property: 19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

Rolo, Flicka1, susiQ and 7 others like this.
  6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

^^rsbbm

Respectfully, I don't believe BM contacted MG the day before to request she put the crew together and he was 13.5 hrs early. It's not definitive BM was outside her apartment but that MG heard a diesel truck outside around 4 AM. Did the truck telematics place his truck in Salida at 4:00 AM?

I'm recalling that MG heard from BM sometime on Sunday-- sounding like he just had the worst night of his life. (Tracing back this event as told by MG might shed more light here).

I'm also afraid that MG messed up BM's alibi by suggesting his truck was near her apartment at 4 AM when he was supposed to be home in bed waiting for his 4:30 AM alarm. MOO

Rolo, Flicka1, TRB and 20 others like this.
  7. Trackergd

Trackergd Verified SAR Manager and Tracker - Retired

My theory on the cap is that he took the cap off, put it in his pocket, jammed the dart into SM by hand, was so occupied in killing SM and disposing of the body that he forgot the cap was in his pocket. He disposed of the dart later at one of the dump sites or the burial site and the cap came out of his pocket at a later date in the dryer. I have used blank adaptors in and out of the military and have never seen one that shoots darts. If there is one, it would be a "dart adaptor" that used a blank round for propellant. Why carry a firearm and risk telegraphing your intent to the victim when you can just hide the dart in your hand and jam it in suddenly? All the dart "guns" , both pistol and rifle I have seen are specifically only for darts and will not chamber a standard round.

LE could still use a LiDar equipped drone or aircraft to scan a large area behind PP. I am guessing he went no more than a one hour ride out and back, most likely in the Bobcat. He may have dug the hole in advance with an auger or the bucket and had everything ready to go. It is also possible that while digging out in the back 400, he hit a sizable rock and damaged the wear plate on the bucket and ended up having to replace it. If he was working early in the morning or late at night in low light levels, he may have left some unintended disturbances on the ground that may yet still survive to the trained eye. LiDar would be looking for a body sized or round depression. The back 400 is the only place he could have gone unobserved and spent a significant amount of time without the risk of being seen. Crossing over the road to where the helmet was found would have run the risk of GPS tracking data and being seen by other vehicle drivers.

Rolo, Flicka1, TennesseeGal and 39 others like this.
  8. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Then why does he admit to disposing of "tranquilizer materials" in one of his dumpster runs?

Seems like a big coincidence that he'd be doing that and remember that. It is also the best explanation for why no blood or other body fluid evidence was found in the house.

Also, LE surely would have noted how much lint was in the trap. It gets a pretty small amount from sheets and shorts. If Suzanne never cleaned the lint trap, and there was a lot of lint, then maybe the cap had been there a while (it would have a lot of lint on it). I think they knew at once that this was a recent deposit.

Rolo, Flicka1, TennesseeGal and 23 others like this.
  9. Trackergd

Respectfully snipped.

Too much water to divert if it is usually like seen in the picture. Plus the Bobcat would have made a huge mess in the soft ground of the bank and he would have spent hours trying to cover it up and make it look natural. Not out of the question, as it would be a really good hiding spot.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Rolo, Flicka1, TRB and 22 others like this.
  10. Trackergd

BM would never want the dart to be found as the needle could contain SM's DNA.

Rolo, Flicka1, TennesseeGal and 33 others like this.
  11. Seattle1

I think it's possible that BM dumped the empty vial of Rx "BAM" or similar and became suspicious that it had been located. The bottle would be serialized by batch number and the distribution could be tracked. IMO, BM was not concerned about being arrested for murder -- he was more concerned about being charged with lying to the FBI, and best to recall that he may have dumped tranquilizer material in Broomfield. That's the epitome of narc arrogance!

Rolo, Flicka1, TobyWong* and 18 others like this.
  12. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to the cat. I had seen the cat mentioned early on, someone wondering about the kitten that Suzanne and Macy had adopted and were enjoying. Lauren was the first MSM post since then. Since they only let Barry into the house for a minute, would LE have collected the cat and given it to its owner, or to a friend to take care of? I wonder if Suzanne was a list-maker. And what was she studying…

Rolo, Flicka1, Kemug and 15 others like this.
  13. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

Just like it was a “church camp” and Barry was at “firefighter’s training” there was a persistent rumor initially that Macy lived with her boyfriend’s family. Reasons cited were problems at home between Barry and Suzanne or Suzanne’s compromised health and the danger of an unvaccinated child living there. This sudden introduction of a cat, confined to one room, with a reminder to feed the cat, is unusual at best. Makes me think the cat was living somewhere with Macy.

Regarding Barry the “tightwad”, who paid for trash service in his HOA dues. If he was so clueless, why was he concerned about who was using the community dumpster earlier in the week? He approached the woman at the dumpster and wanted to make sure she wasn’t taking advantage of a community asset. Why would he care if he never used them?

Rolo, ar3593, Flicka1 and 28 others like this.
  14. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I agree. She's not there. The waters washes in and out and rises and falls. and there are retaining rocks all around that small landing area.

Rolo, Flicka1, Kemug and 5 others like this.
  15. Seattle1

I wonder if BM had used the community dumpster for construction debris and cited or warned by the HOA that he was violating the bylaws. It would follow that BM would be spying on the housekeeper's disposal just so he could blame some other dude for illegal dumping to the HOA. Surely, it wasn't BM! MOO

Rolo, Flicka1, TennesseeGal and 20 others like this.
  16. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

And yet, LE says the Bobcat was not used in the commission of this crime. It likely has GPS as well. I don't know why they would be so definitive about the Bobcat unless they had the evidence to say that. It's true he could have used it way earlier and somehow reset the GPS.

Rolo, Flicka1, Janeumayer and 13 others like this.
  17. Trackergd

Unless I missed it somewhere, there was no definitive answer that this Bobcat was GPS equipped, that it was working and did not show evidence of tampering.

Rolo, Flicka1, TRB and 12 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

From @NoSI

Skid Steer aka Bobcat: Based on GPS data “does not appear to be connected to SMs disappearance.” AA Page 41. Bobcat active at job sites on 5/9/20 in the morning (until around 11 AM).

Rolo, Flicka1, Boxer and 26 others like this.
  19. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

I got the 2:07 pm time that BM left DSI from NoSi’s notes referring to People’s Exhibit #90. I agree and said it didn’t seem like enough time. I wish we knew exactly what was done to the Bobcat (if anything?) or could there have been another purpose for the DSI stop? Did LE find out he went by DSI on May 9th and Barry had not told them about it so when they asked him he made up the oh I forgot about whatever “mechanical thing” he did to the Bobcat? Maybe he went there to get something he needed or to talk to someone? I can’t remember where the damaged blade theory came from. Did Barry or LE actually ever say that?

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 8 others like this.
  20. Lilypad13

Lilypad13 Well-Known Member

Thanks…learn something new every day! Selling turkey feathers to make imitation Eagle feathers sounds right up BM’s alley. I bet Barry would actually shoot a bald Eagle if he could! Imagine how much he could get for real Eagle feathers? :(

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.