CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

Im not sure how much of a bike crash expert her bike mechanic would be. I’m not a bike mechanic or an expert, but am a mountain biker who rides with lots of friends and has been with them when they crash (and crash a lot myself). Bikes end up in a lot of different ways, especially when using flat pedals that a lot of beginners use. With clipless pedals, the bike usually stays with the rider when you crash as you are physically attached with your shoes clipped into the pedals.

With flat pedals, the bike normally ends up down the hill as there is no physical attachment once your feet leave the pedal, your butt leaves the seat and your hands let go of the handlebars as you are flipping over them in a crash.

From what I’ve seen and experienced, on downhill crashes you almost always go over the handles bars and if not clipped in, fling the bike down the hill.

Rolo, Flicka1, NWLady and 13 others like this.

2. Aloe

Aloe Well-Known Member

Thanks @JosieMae! Hope I can make it to any part of Colorado some day!

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 5 others like this.
  3. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

Pic of river close to Puma Path. Thought this might help.

Attached Files:

Rolo, ToastIsUp, Flicka1 and 30 others like this.
  4. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Thank you, Pyrite. My SIL rides 20 miles at noon in uptown traffic and finishes with a Smoothie King concoction and calls it a power lunch. He also rides on long straightaways and hills with curves yet has never suffered a biking accident. My nephew, OTOH, as you've described, stays connected to his bike when he falls.

The following is why I considered SB to be a cycling expert:

"Scott Banks" – Bike mechanic in Salida, very experienced (was bike mechanic for Team USA at one point and has been a bike mechanic for decades), worked on SMs bike x3, he put bike together when it was new, on May 7, 2020 he put new tires on the bike, he is familiar with the Santa Cruz Juliana mountain bikes, when bike found handlebars were twisted 180 degrees, brought up the term "ghostriding" and "pushing bike to allow to go freely, brakes drag",

Google tells me that quote is found on the link to this thread; however, I could not locate the exact post:
    CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 16 others like this.
  5. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

Just curious, do you think he planted a tree on top of her?

6. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

o_O dbm

DeDee likes this.
  7. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Well-Known Member

I agree with you. My husband and I went white water rafting on the Arkansas near Salida. Lots of rocks and boulders.

Rolo, Flicka1, NWLady and 10 others like this.
  8. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

If you cross over the water that runs behind the Puma Path house, what's on the other side?

Rolo, Flicka1, Aloe and 3 others like this.
  9. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Anyone else following this case that also followed Teresa Sievers' murder in FL?

As a group, we donated funds in order to obtain certain legal documents that pertained to her murder by a guy who called himself The Hammer, and another guy, that the husband hired to murder her.

What prevents us from doing that in this case? Why should we rely upon YT accounts to spoon feed information to us when we can obtain the same data?

Flicka1, jakat, LeeAnnB and 15 others like this.
  10. Wenifred

Wenifred Well-Known Member

Someone must have a very bad shot.

Flicka1, Kemug, Aloe and 2 others like this.
  11. Aloe

Aloe Well-Known Member

Thanks so much @NoSI! Beautiful river photo! It looks even narrower in this photo than what I've seen in others. I wonder what time of year this photo was taken, first guess autumn, but IDK.
    I had been thinking that if she was in a container, cooler, barrel, etc. He would have moved rocks to make a hole and then replaced them atop the container in the hole and made sure the rocks covering the area would be heavy enough to not be moved down stream by the current.
    He would have made holes in the container so that it would not be able to float and probably added rocks inside for weight. It could have been done and been easier to do) at the edge close to the shore. (Just covering some speculation regarding bodies or skeletal remains floating down the river or it being too rocky). MOO
    That being said, I defer to the posters who are familiar with the river and the available river data.
    And I still think it more likely (not decidedly) that she is in a container at the bottom of an abandoned mine.

12. jondaba

jondaba Well-Known Member

I was in Sievers. Count me n for $25 here.

Flicka1, angelainwi, LeeAnnB and 8 others like this.
  13. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

Hey @NoSI who the heck is Justin Cribari ? And why did BM say give me more time when he texted him .. I’ve been following pretty closely and I don’t think I’ve heard that name yet. I’m thinking so many bad thoughts right now. Is this another person of interest in this case ? Why is his BM texting him same day wife goes quiet ?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Rolo, Flicka1, Sunny123 and 18 others like this.
  14. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Hey there not @NoSI but Justin Cribari worked for DSI. This was where Barry had the bobcat blade replaced on Saturday.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 25 others like this.
  15. Blue Amethyst

Blue Amethyst Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if it would be their money if he put it into his company? If Suzanne wasn’t a shareholder would she be entitled to a share of the company. I always thought a company was a separate entity.

Perhaps he stashed money in the company so Suzanne couldn’t get it. Maybe he even had more than one company.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 13 others like this.
  16. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Thanks, jondaba! I'll match your $25.

Rolo, Flicka1, angelainwi and 4 others like this.
  17. marylamby

marylamby Well-Known Member

There was no turkey. Who the hell kills a turkey and leaves it lying around dead or half dead and then can't find it?
    Did she see the turkey in order to shoot it? Isn't that how that works? Ludicrous. And, his daughter was in the courtroom.
    So, why was he down by the river and down the trail to the RV park? What's going on with this backhoe and who is Justin?
    At what time was he at the waterfront property where MG was working where he cut her day short and he looked like he'd had the worst night of his life? Need to know where that fits in this timeline.

Thank you SO MUCH again, @NoSI! You're AMAZING! :)

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 17 others like this.
  18. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I believe it's neighbor Ritter's property/home.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 15 others like this.
  19. marylamby

I think M2 will be forthcoming. I think it will tear her apart but she'll tell the truth and there's only one person to blame for that. Her body language, according to tweets, lean toward that.
    I think it would be wise for the defense to put SO on the stand just before M2. Lay the truth out for her so she doesn't feel as guilty to testify against her father. I'm sure someone, at least, is filling her head with a guilt trip and trying to manipulate her. Poor kid. :(

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 26 others like this.
  20. marylamby

Nothing wrong with your abbreviations. :)

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.