CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissTilly

MissTilly Well-Known Member

Re: the turkey
    My understanding is that:
    • MM1 supposedly shot the turkey
    • before the girls’ camping trip over the MD weekend, SM drove MM2 to Gunnison to meet MM1 as MM1 was already at school there
    so if MM1 was in Gunnison before the weekend, when exactly did she shoot the turkey? If it was days or as much as a week before, wouldn’t the carcass have maggots, have been scavenged, or attracted predators? I can’t imagine the feathers would have been salvageable. If Barry was such an expert hunter, why would he leave the carcass for such a period?
    moo

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 29 others like this.

2. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

Just jumping off your post -

Just playing devil's advocate here - if LE don't have BM on video or surveillance at all of these alleged trash dump stops, how do they know that's what he was doing? Truck and/or phone information may show these stops, but I guess it's possible that maybe he was doing something else, such as, for example, sitting there talking to somebody that he made arrangements to meet with there at these particular stops? Possibly? And that gives me another thought, he could've easily made phone calls from the HIE also, knowing that those calls wouldn't show then on his cell phone records/analysis? I mean, after all, he spent quite a bit of time in his room there from what we've learned.

As an added note, for those who may not know, yes I do think BM is responsible for SM's disappearance/demise.

JMO

Rolo, 2468X, Flicka1 and 12 others like this.
  3. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

Aloe and girlhasnoname like this.
  4. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

Feathers. Turkey feathers are similar looking to eagle feathers and have monetary value.

Rolo, Flicka1, Curious-A and 5 others like this.
  5. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

So then there must be a road that runs behind it?

6. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

My thought when I first heard his claim was that MM had injured a turkey that had run off and he was trying to find the (presumed by now) carcass, to remove it before it would smell? And also to not leave an injured/in pain creature behind. Of course now that we know BM's hunting ethics or lack thereof, I'm sure I made the wrong interpretation of that. MOO

@OldCop made us this map showing the access roads between SM and Ritter.
    8C95CDB1-B517-4EB5-9C44-583514DB3F0D.jpeg
    The road that appears to go NW from SM's home towards the Ritters dead ends on Morphew's side of the river.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 14 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

8. MemPat

MemPat Without Art the Earth is just Eh!

Imagine what their value will be on verdict day!

ar3593, Flicka1, sassyblue and 8 others like this.
  9. coastal

coastal Well-Known Member

A silver mine, maybe? It would be interesting to know more about BM's investment in silver. Where's the closest silver mine? Off to see...

Rolo, Flicka1, crhedBngr and 9 others like this.
  10. MissTilly

MissTilly Well-Known Member

yes, this has been mentioned before, but my point is that if the turkey was shot by MM1 it had to have occurred a number of days at least earlier - by the time BM was supposedly searching for and retrieving it, the carcass would most probably have been putrid or mauled or both and the feathers unsalvageable

Rolo, 2468X, Flicka1 and 17 others like this.
  11. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

You mean like asking LE for immunity if he talks? Who does that if they are innocent?

Rolo, ar3593, Flicka1 and 14 others like this.
  12. Scootie98

If MM1 is called as a witness...will LE ask her if she shot a turkey?

Flicka1, Daisyeve, Curious-A and 9 others like this.
  13. Scootie98

If MM1 is called as a witness...will LE ask her if she shot a turkey?
    Yes...they need to look into the financials...but also, they need to determine who handled the financials....IIRC, Suzanne
    helped with the business books. But to what extent? Payroll? Paying business bills? Who paid the personal bills? If we are to believe that Barry controlled the finances...then it needs to be determined how he did that...in order to find out how Suzanne was able to extract monies from which sources and funnel them into a separate account. My guess is that this will be a convoluted mess.

Rolo, Flicka1, Lyanna and 8 others like this.
  14. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

He ‘gave’ her cash. She did not have an atm card. This is a huge control issue.

ar3593, Flicka1, jakat and 19 others like this.
  15. Bignuts45

Bignuts45 Well-Known Member

If she shot the turkey with a bow and arrow that could be reason that she couldn’t find it, sometimes it takes animals awhile to die being killed that way.

Flicka1, Kemug, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  16. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

Wanted to share with you who stopped by for a visit at my home... Nope, i did not follow, harm, or shoot them... :rolleyes:

Happy Sunday All! Thinking of you Suzanne... Always!

Attached Files:

Rolo, ToastIsUp, ar3593 and 61 others like this.
  17. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

Since his property has large boulders all over the place, he could have buried her underneath one that wasn't along the water. In the water or on the bank nearby is very risky because the action of the water and the varying levels as seasons change would pose a constant risk of exposing what was buried.

I don't know if she is buried on the PP property but if she is, I speculate under a big boulder but NOT at the water. MOO

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 17 others like this.
  18. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Was that around the same time Barry’s khaki shorts appeared in the dryer? Because it then makes sense they where in one of the khaki’s pockets.

Rolo, 2468X, Flicka1 and 18 others like this.
  19. Scootie98

I don't think Barry could have explained all of the questionable articles he had inside his truck, which normally wasn't there....only to make multiple stops in Broomfield and dispose of them, selectively....That one would not have passed the smell test, either. Remember, MG already told authorities that on Saturday am...Barry was "acting weird". She would know that something was rotten in Denmark...and Barry knew that she would know. Thats why she didn't ride in his truck to Broomfield, imo.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Rolo, Flicka1, Leader6518 and 13 others like this.
  20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yes. The clothes he was apparently wearing that day were found in the dryer. Most people probably don’t immediately wash the clothes they were just wearing, unless there is more laundry to be done.

So it makes sense that Barry washed the clothes he was wearing after murdering Suzanne, and accidentally left the cap in his pocket.

Rolo, 2468X, Flicka1 and 54 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.