CO CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trocroc9

Trocroc9 Well-Known Member

Is this the mechanical thingy he forgot to tell LE about?

Flicka1, Sunny123, jakat and 4 others like this.

2. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

The neighbor who heard machinery was at the Salida beach site - not at Puma Path. The Puma Path neighbors are the ones Suzanne is sitting with when she sends her "I'm done" message (the Ritters) and Mrs Ritter is the one who made the 911 call. Mrs Ritter never reported anything about machinery use, backhoe or otherwise.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 17 others like this.
  3. 10ofRods

So now we have a JP and a JC both associated with DSI, for those keeping track. JP is seen on Lauren Scharf's channel, in interviews (inside DSI) but I've never heard of JC until today.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 15 others like this.
  4. Wenifred

Wenifred Well-Known Member

Ahhh.
    Thank you for clarifying.
    And the beach site was thoroughly searched, correct?

Flicka1, al66pine, Kemug and 2 others like this.
  5. 10ofRods

I don't remember anything said specifically about scent tracking dogs, except vaguely that Barry was asked to retrieve a clothing item of Suzanne's (and surely, they started at the place where the bike was found, as it would have little investigatory value otherwise). But nothing has ever been said about dogs finding Suzanne's scent near that bike crash...so I've always assumed none was found (and that would have been key evidence for the defense to bring - if her scent had been found; I think we'd have heard about it at the PH).

As far as we know. Search warrant issued, FBI involvement, even breaking up newly laid concrete to look at a "deformity" under the ground (LE said "nothing known to be related to Suzanne was recovered," or something like that.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 9 others like this.
  6. Wenifred

Wenifred Well-Known Member

Drats, I thought I had just come on here as a newbie, posted 11 messages and solved the case
    :p:D:p

Rolo, Flicka1, RIPRM and 24 others like this.
  7. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm working on a theory. So he apparently got her out of the house and off the property without leaving her scent as we're assuming she was alive on the property. No hits that we heard of by cadaver dogs at the property but apparently no living scents found either tells me she was enclosed in something when she was removed from the area. Hmmm.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 19 others like this.
  8. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Mining Claims?
    @coastal bbm sbm for focus.
    :):D Yes, it was a good idea. And down another deep rabbit hole for me. Again.:):D

Astounding # of claims are still listed as active. Seems drone photography could identify some current mining work on BLM or USFS land, some possibilities if SM's remains are at a minung site. But from what I can tell, "active" does not actually mean being currently "worked" that is, minerals currently being extracted. The claim boundarires should be marked"** if on BLM or USFS property. Not sure about on private land. my2ct.

** Re claims on BLM lands, from gov't publication by BLM. "Should the mining claim’s boundaries and discovery point be visible if I am in the area of the claim? Yes – Although there may be mining claims in which the paperwork to locate is filed but no monuments are placed on the ground, federal regulations require mining claims to have four corner post monuments and to follow state monumenting requirements. Also, a notice of monument must be posted at the discovery point using a visible monument. The discovery point or a claim corner should be tied to a wellknown, permanent object or surveyed corner near the mining claim." bbm
    https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/documents/files/2017_Buying Mining Claim.pdf

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 9 others like this.
  9. jondaba

jondaba Well-Known Member

You sleuthers may have found the peg to hang Barry:

the turkey.

As pointed out upthread, it is a ridiculous scenario. Mm1 is having a bit of a turkey shoot behind the house, hits one and immediately waltzes off - totally oblivious to the dead or dying animal?
    Imagine her being examined on the stand!

Flicka1, jakat, cattlekate and 14 others like this.
  10. NWLady

NWLady Well-Known Member

Thank you very much @NoSI for all you do!

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 14 others like this.
  11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I think what matters here is that per the PH, BM allegedly inquired about securing a backhoe attachment, and CB ultimately replaced the bucket blade on the skid-steer (Bobcat) on May 9 around 2 pm. And that BM allegedly omitted this task from his timeline when speaking to investigators. MOO

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 18 others like this.
  12. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I think that perhaps rather than omitting it from his timeline, he tried to claim it was done at a time that fit his alibi but that LE knew is incorrect. Remember it was the "when" aspect that BM said he forgot, not the "mechanical thing" itself. IMO

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 18 others like this.
  13. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if you've answered this @NoSI but who is JC? BM said he needed more time on the 9th to?

Flicka1, NoSI and al66pine like this.
  14. TKG

TKG Well-Known Member

@NoSI Never mind, just found it! Thank you.

Rolo, Flicka1, NoSI and 1 other person like this.
  15. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

Many moons ago there were posted photos of the garage of PP house. In it were big black barrels, maybe that held driveway salt.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 13 others like this.
  16. 24Brix

24Brix Well-Known Member

I’m just jumping off your post @10ofRods because I feel like the lay of the land may not be quite what people think it is.

Per the attached Google Maps image, the Arkansas river runs behind PP. But PP is south of the river. So what lies directly across the river from PP is the neighbors’ properties, the access road to those houses and the campground, and, of course, Route 50 itself.

I’ve also added a topo map to show just how crazy the elevation gets north and south of the river. Each heavy topo line represents 200’ of elevation change. Those slopes are steep for a bobcat or an ATV (let alone a novice mountain biker). If he took SM up, he didn’t take her up very far.

And I agree with you, I’m convinced that if SM is nearby, she’s not too far from the river and probably as close to the campground as he dared to go. And I don’t think he used the bobcat, I think he put her in a stereotypical shallow grave. If not, then I believe he took her someplace much further away.

MOO.

Edited for spelling.

BA502A04-590F-4686-A929-98E61E2B9A6B.jpeg 7419ED83-B476-4B0F-B1D1-AD8B2B2F5202.jpeg

17. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Yes !!
    BM said, he was SM's ATM... YIKES

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 10 others like this.
  18. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

Hi @TKG. :) JC is Justin Cribari of DSI. Justin Cribari was in charge of switching the bobcat blade on the 9th.

Rolo, Flicka1, Sunny123 and 15 others like this.
  19. dkryder

dkryder Well-Known Member

except for the phones IMEI number which is the device identifying number that one enters when registering on a phone network. that number is traceable across any SIM change.

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 7 others like this.
  20. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

E&N strayegy.

They divided up the evidence, looked for areas of overlapping responsibility, then found ways to ask questions to get an "I don't know."

Rolo, Flicka1, jakat and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.