Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s almost as if Suzanne was in fact a reliable narrator…

bringing girls into the fights” – BM brought girls into the fights by telling them “Mom thinks I have an affair, but it’s not true”. He regretted doing this and said “it’s the worst thing I ever did.” SM was reportedly very mad.
So he did bring the girls full force into this disastrous life. Very poignant. Thanks for bringing this forward. Makes a big difference in my thought process. Suzanne knew best.

Thanks, @10ofRods. I did found the local Radio broadcast elsewhere which is the version I was recalling from more than a year ago. I believe interest in FB must now be coming from social media and I'll leave it at that. Especially since I don't believe SM took a bike ride on Sunday! Nothingburger... MOO

FB talks in the MSM report at :34 seconds - said he saw a car up on the road. Doesn’t say what time though.

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

Morphew’s family has offered $200,000 for her safe return, no questions asked.

If you parse this, this is the most asinine statement you could make. Are you going to offer $150,000,
for her safe return? BUT with questions? IMO

Pfft I will continue to struggle with the daddy control theory. It’s so fabulously gross to me but I think it’s real. No matter how much I want to throw up about it I think it exists. I think 2 girls here are under it’s control. I think it’s somewhat like a high schooler. It dawned on me the way he has them under control is very young and he is very used to talking in a simple mind set. I don’t think he is very advanced with his dealings. I think he’s very simple and makes up what he can’t say in biblical terms .

Last edited:
For one, you're too kind. I love when when people I respect make me think!
I still don't understand what a 'secret account' means and I'll ask again if that means an account that BARRY said he didn't know about or it was just an account in her own name?
That's the thing about freedom. Women are allowed to open bank accounts.
Did BARRY have any assets/accounts in his and only his own name? Where did he acquire those funds? Landscaping? A failed tree farm? How about that deer farm? Where did he get that money.
The properties 'they' owned in IN? The ones he sold as soon as he had her declared incapacitated?
I don't think he had anything of value until he married Suzanne and the generosity of her family.
I REALLY hope LE has looked into his financials. I know, I've said it before but I REALLY HOPE so.
IMO

If this goes to trial, I think we'll see those answers. I bet a lot of it is already in evidence, but the State isn't going to pay for an expert unless and until it's bound over for trial. Which I think it will be.

To me 'secret account' just means what was said above - secret from Barry. How she could accomplish the funds transfer, though, is a good question. Surely they both had online access to his/their business account. Was there really cash in the safe? Or were Suzanne's accounts rather puny - gotten by skimming off her household allowance?

I think almost everything Barry used to invest in his original business and all the other things...was from Suzanne's family. They BETTER look into the financials - it's probably another huge tangled web.

SO suggested SM open an account to set aside get-a-way funds. IMO, the account would be unknown to BM = the defense reference to SM's "secret account."
Maybe she set up an account and was digging into it. Maybe she did have plans to leave. Unfortunately, BM knew this and murdered her before she could withdraw her rightful funds. He knew all. He was not letting her go with anything.

Last edited:
I don't get this - I thought Barry and Suzanne had only moved to Colorado 18 months previously? I wouldn't have thought that made Barry the expert on all things Colorado.

Well, considering the unnamed source of the comment was a friend of Barry’s, I’m inclined to think he exaggerates, just like Barry. Could even be the 400 tours guy.

Maybe she set up an account and was digging into it. Maybe she did have plans to leave.
From the prelim, the prosecutor objected to the defense bringing this up but Judge Murphy overruled: per the defense, there was a deposit on 4/23 to the "secret account" but nothing about the deposit amount, bank balance, or how long the account opened.

Both the defense and prosecutor agree SM has not touched any account -- secret or other since she vanished. MOO

Yep - that's the whole point of the tranquilizer dart. And seriously, that single decision is the main factor in why there's no forensic evidence at the house.

I do think all of you who suggested that Barry tried all week to get Suzanne alone out on a trail is a related strategy for him. He knew not to have any evidence of death, spittle, etc. at Puma Path.

He could even have gone for help after she "fell" from a steep trail (even better if she fell while taking a photo - it's the most common reason for women to die from falls in natural areas). But the strategy he chose has worked out pretty well for him, all things considered.

Because he had them already? Why go be seen buying syringes when you already have a device that works exactly like one? Plunging it into her back would have been a poor idea (it should be an intramuscular injection, and chances of hitting a bone on the back are pretty high). Leg or butt would be better.

He's a cheapskate and uses what he knows and what's on hand. He had boxes of those darts. I think he preferred hunting (using a gun) very very much.

He would have had the syringes and the needles (to which the sheath from the dryer belonged) on hand to fill the dart with the tranquilizer med. MOO EBM
Fill needle technique for loading RDDs - Pneu-Dart

Last edited:
It seems like every account I have wants me to go paperless. I’ve accidentally gone paperless on a few accounts because I didn’t uncheck the defaulted paperless choice when I was logged in online. Only figured that out when I realized the statements weren’t coming in the mail anymore. I know that’s not the case here-Suzanne would have been prudent to get her own accounts for her future.

BTW Barry’s flippant “he would have given her half” in a divorce might not have been all she could have gotten. She could have gotten a big chunk, if not half, of the value of the business. Not sure on alimony in CO but she may have gotten that after so many years of marriage. And all of the properties they had acquired during their marriage, especially if their money was commingled as it seemed to be.
He was looking at what her ailing father was going to leave her too. No way, as you say, was he giving her half of anything.
All one has to do, if they'd rather have paper statements mailed to their address, is make one call to the bank.

OMG, they're insidious! The chipmunks, that is. Hilarious!
SO suggested SM open an account to set aside get-a-way funds. IMO, the account would be unknown to BM = the defense reference to SM's "secret account."
I know what they mean. It's ridiculous, IMO.
I doubt, with everything I am, that any money she put into an account had NOTHING to do with Barry. She knew him well enough to know there would be h*ll to pay. Maybe her brother or father gave her that money to get out of there.
Or, it was her own money she kept in another account.
Just because HE says it was a 'secret' account doesn't make it so. That's all I'm saying.
Do we know when the account was opened? Could've been there for a long time.
If she DID take the marital funds in the safe (I'm not buying it until I see the receipts), it doesn't make sense that she stuck around as long as she did. IF that amount was deposited on the day of or day before or even week before her disappearance, I'd look at him to be the depositor. Just a hunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member