Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! The cup.... I have to get that!!!!!!! And bring it do the courtroom on 9/17. :D

Maybe I should get a t-shirt printed for 9/17... I could get it designed where it includes pics of all of BMs zoo animals... or a tranquilizer dart... or a bobcat... or... or... or... so many options...

Or the most impactful would be SMs lovely face on a t-shirt with quote "he was unable to take the high road"... or something like that. We love you Suzanne!

Is this Mallory (MM1) or Macy (MM2)? Use of the "official" acronym list would be helpful. I've seen them referred to with several different acronyms in this thread.

The "official" list I am referring to is the one linked to on page 1 of every thread.

Thanks!

Hi @IRBHTX. This is me, unfortunately. I wasn't aware of the official abbreviations. :( In my write ups -

MaM - Macy
MalM - Mallory.

I will try to fix, but it will be a while.

This is 100% the truth. BM shared that they had you know what 3x day while in FL and that SM was romantic towards him.

I did feel bad for the daughters, but... he said it so its fair game.
Wouldn't surprise me if SM was "romantic" in Fl with BM. After all, it appears that was a close call...and a cozy up act would be an effective diversion to quell suspicions. Again...just an example of Suzanne playing defense, imo..

So now I can't find the message. Somebody had asked me to doublecheck the time when BM went to river by Puma Path to check on turkeys or go after turkey or act like a turkey... who knows... Here is what I have:

May 9, 2020

Around 11:00 AM: Based on data, BMs phone located close to river which runs by Puma Path. BM explained as “Was looking for turkeys”.

This is what I wrote down regarding May 9, 2020 at that point of the court hearing:

May 9, 2020

- 7:35 AM: SM and JL communicated via 59 linked-in messages.

- 8:43 AM: SM and JL communicated about “move to Arizona”.

- 9:33 AM: SM to BM about a house on “King Gulch Trail” that came or is on the market in Salida.

- 9:49 AM: Call from BM to SM. BM calls SM 11x, no return calls from SM.

- ?? AM: BM to SM “Want to hike?”, SM to BM “Where?”, no answer from BM.

- Around 10 AM: Got summer tires put on (I don’t remember this at all, but wrote it down)

- 10:36 AM: SM to BM “Wanna meet to hike?

- 10:48 AM: BM to SM “No, I am coming home

- 10:49 AM: SM to BM “Get hot tub stuff

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 60: Google Earth image where bike and helmet were found in correlation to Puma Path. Helmet on south side of US50, 10 feet “off”/”down” US-50.

- Around 11:00 AM: Based on data, BMs phone located close to river close to PP. BM explained as “Was looking for turkeys”.

- 11:50 AM – 12:20 PM: Based on data, BMs phone located in area of trail going towards RV park. BM explained that he was looking for a turkey that MalM had shot recently. He was not outside in the sun eating veggie soup with SM as he had claimed.

- 12:55 PM: BM sent message to Justin Cribari “Home now. Give me a bit more time

- 1:38 PM: BM left PP.

- 1:42 PM: SM to JL “Guess who’s alone again”

- 1:46 PM: BM located on US50 going towards town. Message “Are you around to look at backhoe” to Justin Cribari.

- 2:03 PM: SM sent selfie to JL. (LAST PROOF OF LIFE).

I will try and get remaining notes typed up this afternoon.
Question nagging me about Suzanne house hunting with Barry. Was she looking for a house for Barry...in order to position the Puma Path house for sale when she left him? Or, was she looking for a house for herself? Or, simply downsizing for both? I would think she was looking for a house for Barry... as I would have expected her to move out of town or state when she split. Anyone have ideas about what exactly Suzanne was doing looking for homes for sale in Salida? Or Arizona?

I'm 58. Unemployed. I owe 100,000.00 on my house.
I owe probably 50,000.00 in other debt.
My house on Zillow is 293,000. I might get 210,000. I live rough!
I have Social Security because I have always filed and paid. Not on time, but got around to it.
I will never get out of debt, and what's worst is , I might have to get a job.

Did SM have Life Insurance. I don't think he will get SS. He's just 4 years younger than me. IMO
Sunshine. Debt can feel overwhelming and hopeless. Been there. Check out Dave Ramsay, he’s been there and has a process, baby steps to help us climb out and take control. Prayers.

Question nagging me about Suzanne house hunting with Barry. Was she looking for a house for Barry...in order to position the Puma Path house for sale when she left him? Or, was she looking for a house for herself? Or, simply downsizing for both? I would think she was looking for a house for Barry... as I would have expected her to move out of town or state when she split. Anyone have ideas about what exactly Suzanne was doing looking for homes for sale in Salida? Or Arizona?

Hi @Scootie98, that’s a really good question.

There is some indication that SM could have thought about moving out of Puma Path and move to Salida with Macy.

# Exhibit 19: “She (Macy) sees how he is towards me and almost begged me to divorce him”
# Exhibit 20: “But dealing with a narc”; “Macy said mom we could move to Salida and both get jobs this summer
# Exhibit 22: “She even mentioned a restraining order” (Macy)

Jeff Liebler: He shared that for SM “getting on own” meant “separating from BM, staying in Colorado, be in contact with girls”.

It could have also been to get BM out of Puma Path. I agree that JL and SM definitely seemed to want to be together. And probably not long-term in a long-distance relationship. I think downsizing and moving into another house together is low on my list of possibilities.

I am really hoping that there is evidence beyond what Suzanne told others. I believe that firsthand knowledge will be powerful. I am not holding out much hope that MM2 will testify that she said any of the things attributed to her regarding Suzanne going out on her own, or suggesting a divorce. If the texts/conversations were given to investigators early on by SO, perhaps MM2 confirmed to LE that she said those things. I have seen witnesses have to read their prior statement out loud in the courtroom, when they tried to take them back. Instances just like one I am envisioning now.

Life got in the way and I'm dreadfully behind here.
I see we've learned there was a cat named Lulu?
Anything else new come up in the last few days?
Did Barry finally grow a moral or two and confess and tell LE where Suzanne is? (wishful thinking, I know)

So Barry staged the bike, then drove to MG's apartment? This suggests to me that he was still finalizing the itinerary and script in his own mind...fine tuning the trip to Broomfield. It also suggests that he had Suzanne's phone with him while he was at MG's place, and disposed of it shortly thereafter...(unless he threw it in water previously, and it died coincidentally around the same time, which I doubt). I wonder what the distance and direction it was from MG's apartment to the location of the last signal on Suzanne's phone?

He had every intention of framing his crew, I think he intended to dispose of something outside of her home. BM being there at 4am is important somehow, he screwed his whole timeline when she woke up to the sound of his truck.

I wonder how much true crime BM listened to or read about. I listen to some mysterious cases, but other cases, for some reason, don't grab my interest. One case that I watched and read about was the "Mike Williams Case". I guess this case was a big mystery for many years. It was later determined that his wife's lover buried him six feet in the muck at a boat landing, Over time the lake had expanded covering his burial spot underneath. He would have never been found unless there was a confession. Seventeen years later, there was a confession, and authorities had to build a dam and pump the water from the area he was buried at.

I wonder if BM knew of this crime as it went to trial in late 2018. It was in the news, and there is a book out.

I bring this up because I feel that BM spent that time down at the river for nefarious reasons. Was he thinking of how he could bury Suzanne under the river? I don't know what the river looks like. How wide is it? Are there a lot of rocks where one can re route the water (making a dam) to later dig under? Once buried, the rocks can be removed so the water can go over the burial site. I know my thoughts are way out there, but I just don't think he took her anywhere in either vehicle. SM being close by makes the most sense to me.

On a side note, it just seems when BM is up to no good, he uses some crazy animal story to make his actions seem innocent. He used that ridiculous "turkey" story to make something sinister appear innocent. Also, he didn't want anyone close to his property during AM searches. You would think his house and property would be the headquarters for any searches. What was BM doing? Walking around with a gun? Kind of makes me suspicious. JMO

BBM. The Arkansas and South Arkansas aren't very deep or wide in the areas Barry had access, both move too fast for the kind of burial you described.

This is 100% the truth. BM shared that they had you know what 3x day while in FL and that SM was romantic towards him.

I did feel bad for the daughters, but... he said it so its fair game.
BM not only contradicts himself he's very spiteful and says things inconspicuously to hurt others and make himself appear manly. I'm positive those contradictory statements will bite him in the rear at trial. Just moo.

BBM. The Arkansas and South Arkansas aren't very deep or wide in the areas Barry had access, both move too fast for the kind of burial you described.

Are you saying it would be impossible?

I wanna know where Barry and his truck and his trailer and his beloved Bobcat were on Thursday and Friday nights.

Also.... we learned about three plots to kill Kelsey B before the scented candle massacre....

Had Barry lured Suzanne out previously? The walk near their home on Wednesday... Moonlit Pizza on Friday.... was he plotting something and just couldn't do it? Hence the long-range plan? The dart.

In any event, in the weeks, days and hours before 5/9, it's conceivable that Barry and his Bobcat were together, at work sites where you'd expect them to be.... but preparing something NO ONE saw coming.

All he needed was one very deep hole. At an active work site, if he was working after 5 pm, nobody else would know... passersby would scarcely acknowledge -- a worker working. Unless of course it was 11 pm...

If he used the Bobcat to dig such a hole, he could park the Bobcat and do the rest by hand when the time came.

JMO

I think she was looking for herself. Obviously, just guessing. But IME, women who separate from abusive husbands do not want to live on 7 acres at the edge of a wilderness. Women whose husbands get violent want a house next to other people - often a condo, actually. They want regular phone service and good cellular connections. No amount of R/O's can protect them completely.

I think Suzanne was lonely and wanted more of a social life. And even women who are in very happy marriages often give up isolated properties when they become widows.

Further, since Suzanne was not the main earner of their cash flow, she'd want a house that was more affordable, she doesn't seem like the type to demand the more expensive house. Barry, after all, found it possible to spend nearly $200,000 on a vacant lot after she went missing - that would have been a nice down payment on a condo and perhaps Suzanne would eventually be able to manage the payments.

Finally, she was thinking she'd be living there soon, during her daughter's last year of high school. It would have been perfect for the two of them - and would have pretty much ensured that Suzanne and MM2 lived together in Salida - let Barry be by himself in that house with all the dead animals.

The dead animals are the final reason why I do not think Suzanne wanted to stay there. Barry picked the house, let him keep it. I suspect that Suzanne could have been very happy in 2000 sf in Salida. She could have been more a part of her daughter's senior year, gotten to her maintenance treatments easily, made friends etc.

One of the main things that sustains a woman leaving an abusive, controlling relationship is the freedom to make friends and resume an actual social life. While still in the relationship, one has to hide so much...

IMO

(It is an interesting topic to me).

Are you saying it would be impossible?

I think it's impossible for all the reasons mentions. Flow of the river, massive amounts of rocks (of which there are satellite pictures) and most of all, the fact that there are flow monitors all along the river.

I think the people at the dam would kind of notice if the river stopped flowing. Plus, all it would take would be a higher than average snowfall/Spring runoff and skeletal parts would start occurring - there's not a muddy area under that river - it's rocks, all the way down, shifting all the time (with gravel and coarse sand above that). Auguring through all those rocks is...not really possible (you'd need two machines working simultaneously).

Even if a temporary dam was made, digging in that riverbed is so difficult that engineering an actual dam takes an expert - and more than a Bobcat. Water would have flowed around said dam and flooded nearby areas in an obvious way.

Didn't happen. Is also IMO technically impossible.

OK, remainder of morning of Day 3. The dates are all over the place, but I typed up as presented in court. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

This is my interpretation of what I heard. This information has been
provided for use and discussion at Websleuths only.

Day 3

Afternoon Continued

Agent Grusing recalled by Prosecution at 2:48 PM.

Prosecution had Agent Grusing confirm that he has done some extensive work in the field of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV).

Chipmunk gun” – PROSECUTION EXHIBIT 96 & 97: Photo showing gun and scope. Gun handed to Grusing in March 2021. Barrel of gun is 7 ½ inches. Gun is 16 inches long.

Role of auditor” – Is strategic and slow. Going through evidence. This was Grusing’s role.

BMs goal” - “To be cleared”.

May 9, 2020 – As per BM, SM and BM had sex. It was reportedly “great”, because “there were no chemicals in Suzanne”. They had a “great night:. They put their phones away. BM told Grusing “I just wish you knew how amazing she (SM) was”. BM also voiced concern about SMs “drug and alcohol abuse” and that she kept friends and other things hidden from him. Stated “I, Barry, was the ATM”.

tranquilizer darts” – BM confirmed that he never used tranquilizer/tranquilizer darts in Colorado. Only used them in Indiana on his deer farm.

June 2, 2020 interview – Grusing’s initial meeting with BM. FBI would take over where CBI left off. The initial meeting took place in the “Cushman’s (spelling?) backyard” (neighbor’s backyard). BM informed Grusing that SM most recently did well in the Summer when they moved to Salida, which was Summer of 2018. Grusing asked BM when he last saw SM/what his last image of SM is in his head and BM didn’t answer this question x3.

May 9, 2020 – As per interview with BM, SM and BM ate “veggie soup out in the sun”. SM was “perfectly fine” and “had no alcohol in her”. They reportedly hiked to Fooses that night – this would have been about 6-7 hours after SM sent her last message, which was SMs last confirmed online activity.

May 10, 2020 – BM reportedly woke up at 4:15 AM-ish. Said at that time SM was naked. BM now worried that “CBD Tim” is involved in SMs disappearance. BM voiced that “Suzanne bought drugs off of him” so he is a possible suspect.

July 8, 2020 interview – Recovered deleted texts including text that “Suzanne is in one of her moods”. BM only remembered that he threw away trash in the McDonald parking lot, not at the other trash run locations. He stated that he was at the Broomfield worksite when Jean Ritter called (which is incorrect). Regarding SM’s “I am done” text, BM stated “She never said that. She loves her family too much”.

May 5, 2020 – SM “delivered” girls to spring break (road trip). As per BM, “Suzanne’s behavior got worse. She was drinking the whole time” after that.

May 6, 2020 – BMs “suicide text”. BM explained that “I was just trying to hurt her. That was all I was doing”. After BM was told about the affair, he stated “Now it makes more sense in God’s eyes” and “Maybe, in God’s eyes, his way of resolving something”.

May 10, 2020 – 3:25 AM telematics became active. 4:30 AM BMs phone became active.

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 59: SMs selfie. LAST PROOF OF LIFE. BM stated when he saw the selfie “she is obviously drunk”.

3:27 PM - BM now wearing reading glasses. Looking at a photo with IE. Likely SMs selfie.

Break. Court will resume at 3:35 PM.

Mr. Lindsey interviews Agent Grusing.

airplane mode” – 2:37 PM on May 9, 2020, 2:34 PM on May 9, 2020 BM arrived at Puma Path, 10:17 PM phone out of airplane mode, 10:17 PM – 3:25 AM: Phone at Puma Path, not in airplane mode, no texts.

May 10, 2020 at 3:25 AM: BM supposedly took left turn on US50 to follow a bull elk.

March 5, 2021 interview – DSI parking lot. May 9th & 10th, 2020 regarding airplane mode, BM was asked what he knows about airplane mode. Showed Grusing “Just scroll up to settings, it’s the first thing you see, if in airplane mode it would have been an accident”. He didn’t recall that he put the phone in airplane mode. BM asked Grusing “WHAT ABOUT IMMUNITY? CAN YOU GIVE ME IMMUNITY IF I OPEN MY LIFE UP TO YOU?” BM also shared that SM changed. Stated “She turned into a different person; physically fit, ballsy”.

chipmunk gun/tranquilizer dart” – When last fired? BM shared that he shot/shot at 2 deer at Puma Path in late April 2020. BM said “Looking back, there are some things that make me look bad”.

divorce” – BM said “I am not discussing it. It’s never gonna happen”.

April 5, 2021 interview – Grusing showed BM photos. Asked BM if he has ever been violent with SM. There was item on SMs grievance list “Just wrestled free”. BM answered that he never “Grabbed” or “constricted” SM. Admitted to “clipping her nose” accidently. When shown pictures of SM, BM stated that SM appeared “intoxicated on every picture so far”. As per Grusing, it didn’t appear this way and she was smiling in all of them.

mini camera” – Box was found, but camera was never located. BM reportedly doesn’t know what happened to it.

scope” – BM thought that his scope was mounted on his gun. However, it was located in the safe. BM then stated “maybe not mounted”.

sawed off gun” – I wrote “didn’t match gun”, but now not sure what that means. L BM informed that he only used the gun in the garage/breeze way and not in the actual residence.

last person to see SM alive” – WAS BM! Historically, consistent conversations (JL etc.) stopped Saturday, May 9, 2020. “SOMETHING HAPPENED TO SM, HER PHONE, OR BOTH, SINCE NOT TALKING TO JL ANYMORE” BM agreed with this statement. It was discussed that SM & JL were always cognizant and didn’t talk with spouses/kids were around.

May 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM – Regarding “I am done” text, BM stated “She never sat me down and said that to me ever”. Comments were made via text, but never in person. BM stated if she wanted to get divorced, he would have “written check, gave her half, go own way”.

“BMs last image of SM” – Around 5 am in bed on May 10, 2020, “just a lump”, SM reportedly “snored lightly” when BM left.

Lisa Wolf” – With Colorado Parks & Wildlife. She has been a Veterinarian for 35 years. She was asked how much “BAM” tranquilizer would be needed for a female that weighs 120 lbs. She was familiar with BAM. She shared that the dart is designed to penetrate animal hide. In a human, the dart would lead to a significant hematoma. The person would be expected to be fully sedated in 8-12 minutes. Complete sedation would last approximately 8 hours. The person would likely “run” for 2-3 minutes, acting intoxicated, wobbly, unstable. Breathing: may become difficult, leading to brain hypoxia, a possible sign/symptom would be snoring.

snoring” – BM stated “numerous times” that SM was snoring when he last saw her.

burned items in fireplace” – BM shared that SM was “cleaning out file cabinets” leading to the remnants of file folders being present in the fireplace.

I don’t recall” – BM answered with “I don’t recall” a lot. All in all, 95x “I don’t recall”. BM would say that whenever he heard James Comey or Hillary Clinton say “I don’t recall”, it would be a lie and “they did not want to tell the truth”.

May 9, 2020 – BM texts SM at 2:31 PM “Did you leave?” BM reported that he did not shoot the tranquilizer gun on May 9, 2020. “BAM”, telazol, or xylazine are some tranquilizer options. BM thought that the tranquilizer was on his workbench, but it wasn’t (maybe was part of trash run?).

voting for SM” – BM stated “Yeah, because I wanted Trump to win. The other guys are cheating. She would have voted for Trump anyway”.

meaning of BMs life post SM disappearance” - “Life only consists of hunting now”.

“last text from SM to JL” - May 9, 2020 at 2:13 PM. NO OUTGOING MESSAGES AFTER THAT.

May 10, 2020 - BM in Broomfield. BM was told “THERE IS NO WAY THAT SM WOULD NOT USE HER PHONE IF SHE WAS CONSIOUS”. BM bowed head in response to this and said “Yeah”.

BMs truthfulness” – BM was asked by LE “are you truthful?”. BM responded “It’s in God’s hand. He allowed this whole thing to happen”. BM reportedly thought that he would be cleared within 2 months.

May 5, 2021 – After BM was apprehended, Grusing interviewed BM again. BM asked Grusing “How could you do this to me? I trusted you!”. Grusing informed BM that the evidence was presented to the DA and an arrest warrant was issued for murder.

one steak” – Based on April 22, 2021 interview, SM and BM ate steaks on the evening of May 9, 2020, but only 1 plate was found in the dishwasher. BM explained that they only grilled one steak as SM said she couldn’t eat a whole steak. BM stated that they grilled 1 steak and ate off 1 plate.

March 5, 2021 interview – Conducted at the Tailwinds jobsite. BM stated “When Suzanne married me, it was marriage for life. I am a godly man”.

infidelity” – As per interview with BM dated May 12, 2020, “there is none. 100% none. I have been 100% faithful in entire marriage”. When asked about if SM may have been unfaithful, stated “not at all”. March 21, 2020 interview – “She has never been with another man”. June 2, 2020 – LE introduced BM to the idea that SM had an affair. They asked BM “how do you know there has been no unfaithfulness”. BM answered “because of her relationship with God”. June 3, 2020 – BM interviewed by CBI. He stated that it was hard for him to be asked affair-related questions. Stated “He (one of the LE agents) put that in my head (the possibility of an affair). I work 12 hours per day. She is alone”. July 1, 2020 – BM asked LE if any information about a possible affair can be shared with him. July 8, 2020 – A 6-hour interview took place. LE was more “confrontational” with BM. LE at Puma Path with BM. BM said prayer for CBI Agents at a meal that they shared. CBI probed if BM knew that SM had an affair. BM stated “I just don’t think that she would do that. But you guys planted doubt”. BM also stated “She is the love of my life. I would lay down my life for that girl”.

changing stories” - BM was reportedly in “shock” for 5 days after SM went missing and due to this his stories changed, including the time with the bobcat blade was changed, when he went biking with SM at Fooses, argument with SM Wednesday vs. Friday, and day of going to Salida Stove & Spa Wednesday vs. Friday evening.

May 9, 2020 - As per BM, they had sex after dinner. BM then remembers “me (BM) rolling over and going to sleep”. SM likely stayed up longer because she has more trouble with sleep.

January 27, 2021 interviewGrusing and Harris told BM about affair. So far, 20 interviews had been conducted, but none since July 8, 2020. BM reportedly had “no idea” of the affair and stated that “he never would have suspected it”. He shared that they (BM and SM) had an “unbelievable” time in Florida in February 2020 including having sex 3x per day and SM being romantic with BM.

May 6, 2020 – Suicide text from BM to SM included verbiage “Meeting my savior. Life mere grain of sand in comparison to eternity”. He reportedly sent this text in order to hurt SM. He expected SM to reply, but she didn’t.

bringing girls into the fights” – BM brought girls into the fights by telling them “Mom thinks I have an affair, but it’s not true”. He regretted doing this and said “it’s the worst thing I ever did”. SM was reportedly very mad.

January 28, 2021 – At DSI. Phone call between CBI and BM. BM stated “What you told me yesterday (SMs affair) blew my mind”. BM reportedly presented as “troubled” by the suggestion that SM is dead.

phone pass code” – SM reportedly had the passcode for BMs phone.

missing money from safe” – BM claimed that “lots of money is missing from safe” (70k).

SMs affair” – BM wanted to know who SMs affair partner was and how long the affair had been going on. When CBI told him that the affair had been going on for 2 years, BM “shocked” and stated “this blows my mind that she pulled this off”.

As per Judge, Prosecution had 3 hours 25 minutes today and Defense 2 hours 55 minutes. Overall, Defense is still ahead in how much time they used.

Court excused for the day.
Thanks again for this amazing effort @NoSI.

It's sort of hilarious how much BM manages to contradict himself here. Just a few examples:

May 9, 2020 – As per BM, SM and BM had sex. It was reportedly “great”, because “there were no chemicals in Suzanne”. They had a “great night.
But later:

PEOPLES EXHIBIT 59: SMs selfie. LAST PROOF OF LIFE. BM stated when he saw the selfie “she is obviously drunk”.
So Suzanne was obviously drunk on May 9, but also she wasn't drunk when they had amazing sex on May 9.

And then another contradiction regarding the tranquilizers:

tranquilizer darts” – BM confirmed that he never used tranquilizer/tranquilizer darts in Colorado. Only used them in Indiana on his deer farm.

But then:

chipmunk gun/tranquilizer dart” – When last fired? BM shared that he shot/shot at 2 deer at Puma Path in late April 2020. BM said “Looking back, there are some things that make me look bad”.

So "never used" changed to used twice last month. Oops.

And he sure can't seem to make his mind up about his stance on divorce:

divorce” – BM said “I am not discussing it. It’s never gonna happen”.

But then:

May 6, 2020 at 10:13 AM – Regarding “I am done” text, BM stated “She never sat me down and said that to me ever”. Comments were made via text, but never in person. BM stated if she wanted to get divorced, he would have “written check, gave her half, go own way”.

And then he changes his position again:

March 5, 2021 interview – Conducted at the Tailwinds jobsite. BM stated “When Suzanne married me, it was marriage for life. I am a godly man”.

I would pay a significant amount of money to watch a recording of BM's attorneys reading the transcripts of his interviews for the first time and face-palming every 5 minutes. He really managed to talk himself into a murder one charge.

Last edited:
I wanna know where Barry and his truck and his trailer and his beloved Bobcat were on Thursday and Friday nights.

Also.... we learned about three plots to kill Kelsey B before the scented candle massacre....

Had Barry lured Suzanne out previously? The walk near their home on Wednesday... Moonlit Pizza on Friday.... was he plotting something and just couldn't do it? Hence the long-range plan? The dart.

In any event, in the weeks, days and hours before 5/9, it's conceivable that Barry and his Bobcat were together, at work sites where you'd expect them to be.... but preparing something NO ONE saw coming.

All he needed was one very deep hole. At an active work site, if he was working after 5 pm, nobody else would know... passersby would scarcely acknowledge -- a worker working. Unless of course it was 11 pm...

If he used the Bobcat to dig such a hole, he could park the Bobcat and do the rest by hand when the time came.

JMO
Strongly agree! Whatever smarts BM lacks may well be compensated by his determination. IMO the man lived a double (or triple) life for many years while he planned how he would live out his life on the wealth of his deceased wife. But his plans were foiled when the cancer didn't kill Suzanne, now he needed to plan for her demise and cover-up.
I definitely think it possible that he used the bobcat in the cover up preparations without using it later in the actual burial event.

I think it's impossible for all the reasons mentions. Flow of the river, massive amounts of rocks (of which there are satellite pictures) and most of all, the fact that there are flow monitors all along the river.

I think the people at the dam would kind of notice if the river stopped flowing. Plus, all it would take would be a higher than average snowfall/Spring runoff and skeletal parts would start occurring - there's not a muddy area under that river - it's rocks, all the way down, shifting all the time (with gravel and coarse sand above that). Auguring through all those rocks is...not really possible (you'd need two machines working simultaneously).

Even if a temporary dam was made, digging in that riverbed is so difficult that engineering an actual dam takes an expert - and more than a Bobcat. Water would have flowed around said dam and flooded nearby areas in an obvious way.

Didn't happen. Is also IMO technically impossible.

Thanks @10ofRods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member