Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: General Contractor licensing not required at State level in both Indiana and Colorado. BM CDOT work likely subcontracted under Prime Contractor ie: Engineer who then subbed out to BM…CDOT monitors invoicing and payments to subs—statute dictates. So…would love to follow the project monies.

Last edited:
He said so. One example: He was trying to get a free breakfast at the hotel in Broomfield by trying to slip in the back door when someone was leaving. :rolleyes:

That's right. And I'm going to add a bit of color commentary to your post:

"Free breakfast". The one he would have "entitled" to when he checked in early. You pay for the whole "day" (check-in time until check-out time the next day) I've never stayed at a hotel that would pro-rate my stay by the hour, but :p I'm fairly certain even though BM hadn't spent the previous night in "his" hotel room, they still would have charged him for a full nights' stay, hence it was an approximately $119.00 per night, plus tax for his "free breakfast" plus approximately 7 or so hours of "room use" until the next night/day room charge hits starting at check-in time.

Besides that, "free breakfast" at that time in the pandemic was a piece of plastic-wrapped fruit, and a yogurt cup.

Barry even failed at being a cheapskate.

I maintain that the lurking outside of the HIE is theater to solidify his alibi.

It was the early days of the COVID lockdown, even fruit was frowned upon since people are terrible at washing. Packaged danishes and boxed cereal at best.

Edit: General Contractor licensing not required at State level in both Indiana and Colorado. BM CDOT work likely subcontracted under Prime Contractor ie: Engineer who then subbed out to BM…CDOT monitors invoicing and payments to subs—statute dictates. So…would love to follow the project monies.

LS did an investigative video on the Broomfield job. Very informative.

Haha, right! Eye roll!! Thanks for that…who does that? Just weird! Also shows his character—big fail. Who would share that information, oh Lordy! Not likely the reason to skip through the backdoor tho…I must have missed it. Thanks.
It was an excuse, for what we still don't know.
I can imagine Barry saying to himself, "EVERYTHING'S FALLING APAAART!!!"

Barry was a crappy wall builder, and I have not seen any examples of beautiful landscape projects either. I looked again at the Cal Carson house to see if the landscaping was more mature or interesting than PP. Less boulders, but nothing spectacular. Guess it’s like the cobbler’s children having no shoes. I would like to see some examples of his work. In today’s times, it is pretty amazing that we cannot find photos of past projects or a gallery of work. Is everything smoke and mirrors with this guy? Was he more an excavator or grass cutter/maintenance company, or did he hardscape? I still know almost nothing about the guy.

Prosecutors usually win preliminary hearings. Expect Morphew to be bound over for trial based on probable cause. At this preliminary screening stage, evidence must be viewed in the light most favorable to the prosecution.

To keep Morphew in custody without bail, Judge Murphy must further find there is proof evident or presumption great that Morphew will be convicted of first-degree murder. The defense in this summer’s combined four-day hearing was feisty and formidable. Morphew hired two stellar Colorado criminal defense attorneys, Iris Eytan and Dru Nielsen.

Josh Maximon, an accomplished Colorado trial lawyer and a contemporary of Eytan and Nielsen, told me this dynamic duo have built their solid reputations “case by case,” first as Denver public defenders and then in private practice. According to Maximon, Eytan has merited the affectionate moniker “Hurricane Iris” because “she is a force of nature.”

Silverman: Expect a big ruling this week in the Barry Morphew murder case

ETA author's credentials
Famous Criminal Law Cases In U.S. History

I'm expecting skin and hair to fly during this trial. It will certainly be very lively, IMO

I wasn't at all impressed with Eytan after reading the PH transcript as presented on the Plunder YT.

Barry was a crappy wall builder, and I have not seen any examples of beautiful landscape projects either. I looked again at the Cal Carson house to see if the landscaping was more mature or interesting than PP. Less boulders, but nothing spectacular. Guess it’s like the cobbler’s children having no shoes. I would like to see some examples of his work. In today’s times, it is pretty amazing that we cannot find photos of past projects or a gallery of work. Is everything smoke and mirrors with this guy? Was he more an excavator or grass cutter/maintenance company, or did he hardscape? I still know almost nothing about the guy.
If you want a crooked wall, he’s your guy!

Gotta hand it to him though, he takes full responsibility when his guys screw up. Of course by “full responsibility,” he blames it on his employees’ alleged drug use.

Then again, he did make an effort to fix the wall, even going there on a holiday.

The fact that he didn’t have the proper tools, materials, Bobcat, supervision, and permission, notwithstanding.

It’s not like he didn’t spend time there though, albeit only 11 minutes.

Yes. And laundry.
MOO BBM

Yes, also why he rushed to get "free breakfast" at HIE. Trouble is, it was closed because of COVID. Cheap but he has the newest flashiest toys/trucks? The home? He was not cheap, he was foolish and got his family into financial ruin.

So strange that he can't remember what he discarded on 5 dumpster runs but equally strange there was so much it required 5. How could you have so much "trash" and not remember? Then, when. LE seized the truck it was still full of wrappers and trash.

He was the biggest piece of trash in that truck.

Morphew convo starts about 20 mins in. (And interesting who asks the first question to Mike and Scott. ;))

Reisch thinks he will be bound over on a reduced charge, and that the affidavit will be released soon.

He also thinks the judge might set a bond (so high that he can't make it).

Per having closing arguments on Friday, when the judge has already likely made up his mind, Scott says he does not at all understand why it's being dragged out like it is. He said he's never been in front of a judge who couldn't just rule from the bench.

Mike's list of concerns, in regards to BM being a flight risk:

1. Barry no longer owns a home.
2. He (likely) has no friends or family left in Salida.
3. His business has deteriorated and is likely gone.
4. He loves hunting in obscure places and out of the country.

Scott does not see Barry ever giving up the location of Suzanne's body because he would have to admit to his girls that he killed her.

Last edited:
I think Barry was trying to get a free breakfast in the same way he was shooting chipmunks on 5/9 in the afternoon. He was up to something else in the hotel....not sure exactly what it was....Either he wanted to be on camera inside the hotel at the earliest possible time...or, maybe planned to discard some smaller, yet incriminatory items inside the hotel in trash recepticles where they would be bagged up by the cleaning crew, instead of in the dumpster. Whatever his thinking was...it had nothing to do with a continental breakfast. If you think about it...Barry could have easily ate breakfast at home before he left....instead of driving three hours just to eat a pastry and piece of fruit? Another head scratcher to add to the long and growing "Does This Make Sense?" list...for the jury to process..

It was an excuse, for what we still don't know.
I can imagine Barry saying to himself, "EVERYTHING'S FALLING APAAART!!!"
Yes....Barry's empire was a house of cards....Suzanne knew it....and was separating herself, first emotionally, then, hopefully, physically. I have a hunch that the financials are going to be devastating and incriminating. If Barry was up against back taxes, or regulatory violations that could shut his business down....that would be Barry with his finger in the dike....I think they were facing financial ruin in Colorado. That talk about Arizona was a trial balloon for an escape route...and one that Barry would not go alone, imo. When it finally sunk in for Barry that Suzanne did not include him in her future....he decided to go it alone on his terms....Because he is entitled.

For BM a sub contract through his Purdue connections for a large Colorado State contractor was a huge business opportunity.

Yet he didn't attend to the quality of this showcasing of building skills and according to himself allowed a meth head to do this project unsupervised.

MOO this is the source of their money troubles.
Not doing good work, not conducting business ethically or even intelligently, and so not progressing to bettter contracts.

That's right. And I'm going to add a bit of color commentary to your post:

"Free breakfast". The one he would have "entitled" to when he checked in early. You pay for the whole "day" (check-in time until check-out time the next day) I've never stayed at a hotel that would pro-rate my stay by the hour, but :p I'm fairly certain even though BM hadn't spent the previous night in "his" hotel room, they still would have charged him for a full nights' stay, hence it was an approximately $119.00 per night, plus tax for his "free breakfast" plus approximately 7 or so hours of "room use" until the next night/day room charge hits starting at check-in time.

Besides that, "free breakfast" at that time in the pandemic was a piece of plastic-wrapped fruit, and a yogurt cup.

Barry even failed at being a cheapskate.
I traveled during that time period. HIE and others offered exactly that: a piece of fruit and maybe a dried roll. He wasn’t sneaking in for breakfast. What a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708