Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. So we got some of what we hoped for.

Bound over to trial. First degree murder is still on the table. We get the AA on Monday.

Ankle monitor for Barry, and no weapons, which means no hunting.

Month long trial to start about a year from date of arrest.

People v Morphew: trial has been set for May 3 through June 1, 2022,
https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1438993714748219393?s=21
https://twitter.com/cocourts/status/1438993714748219393?s=21
I want to know why no house arrest - wherever that may be. That would've been smart, Mr. Judge!
Oh sure, a few ROs but who knows what the defense hasn't been able to present. So he has to remain in Chaffee County?
Big freaking deal.

Quoting an earlier post with citation to the applicable standard:

"Several posts have stated or can be read to imply that BM only needs one juror to vote in his favor to be found not guilty.

I want to remind everyone that in Colorado the verdict must be unanimous one way or the other, and if it is not the result is a mistrial not a finding of not guilty. If there is a mistrial on First Degree Murder, BM can still face trial on the original charge. People v. Richardson (2008)"

After a mistrial in Colorado, the defendant does not "walk away free" unless the prosecutor chooses to dismiss the charges. Bond is continued, and a new trial date is set. The defendant still faces the original charge unless the prosecutor decides on a lesser charge.

Maybe some sort of "launching their own investigation" thing to prove dad is innocent?
I dunno...
I thought maybe something to do with bail but bail cannot be posted until Monday in any case.
he'll spend the weekend inside planning the rest of his life.
probably put the tag on an unfortunate mountain lion or something...
Party time for B.

CO Courts

@CoCourts

People v Morphew: defendant has entered a not guilty plea and waives speedy trial.

He's going to have to live among locals, who will have full access to the AA, with a financially battered ego, much reduced "status" and an ankle bracelet jangling away at inopportune moments.

It's going to be interesting seeing if he can keep a lid on it, if you ask me,

I hope he knows people all around him are chatting about him as they quickly look away from him

Great post!

I have an idea. Please correct me if I’m missing something.

The judge read the AA and then sat through the PH. He agreed with most of us that BM is guilty. However, the prosecutions case fell flat. In my own words, they didn’t present proof evident or presumption great.

Therefore the judge, believing 1) that Barry is guilty and 2) the State failed to prove it, decided to lay out the evidence himself to show the prosecutor that they have much work to do.

Then he set bail for BM, daring the State to step up its game and find evidence!

Where are you Linda Stanley??

Am I even close?

Well then!
Trial set in May, the bond is $500,000 cash. Cannot leave the county, has to wear an ankle bracelet, has to surrender passport, restrained from contacting SM's family in any way. AA will be released on Monday.

The AA is going to be amazing. The little bits of info leaked today in the hearing makes it seem like BM might have a mountain of circumstantial evidence against him.

Hope BM doesn’t kill himself so justice can’t be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998