Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing about any wives being virgins. It's MM1 (who is at Western Colo and is the only virgin there, according to Barry). Obviously, dad and daughter had a talk about her sex life at college (eww). Why he blurts that out to friends at dinner (did I misread?) is...well, very odd.

But the virgin in the story is his daughter, who is at a college where everyone else is not.

He's very proud of that.

He has stated many nightmarish proposals about what really happened to Suzanne, and frankly, so far, we have not much evidence of what did happen to her - except that Barry's actions are very suspicious on May 9-10. WHERE did he put her??

I'm also frustrated with LE's search attempts for her body. The places that sleuths here have mentioned - have they been searched? I believe the public has a right to know. And the fact they didn't clear log jams in the river (even after Barry is seen in a creek that flows into it) is so disappointing.
If BM says to look in a mine, river, dam etc., I say don't waste time. moo

The fact that he googled younger woman and older men I think this relationship started far before SM disappeared. I also think he was gas lighting her which is why she was obsessed with him having an affair he was making her feel crazy. He is trash! Half the text messages didn’t even make sense to what was responded he either was very good at deleting them or he had another phone

Pardon me. I feed my sister dinner (Lewy Body Dementia) each day so I missed the big reveal. Today, I polished her nails a lighter shade of pale.

Please know your posts are valued. It'll take me a while to catch up tho.

I've got to believe neither daughter read the AA, esp MM1. Would love to know where he's spending the night and the next 8 months or so.

I've got to believe the daughters are filled with shame, and probably are carrying a huge clump of humiliation, to boot.

Based on what I've read thus far, I'm baffled over Suzanne staying. It proves how strong a bond mothers have with their precious babies because that house with that man was nothing but misery.

The stress of the marriage didn't kill her. Cancer, invading her twice, didn't kill her. The man she promised to love until death they do part killed her.

#FindSuzanne

The things I dont like about the evidence is this:

There's no proof Suzanne is dead. Usually in no body cases, said proof is based on one of 4 forms of evidence: 1. Large amount of blood proving death (Jennifer Dulos, Carla Almeida, Ruby Morris) 2. Witness (Rose Larner, Anne Marie Fahey) 3. Bones (Helle Craft) 4. Confession to someone (Janet March, April Pennington, Kelsey Schelling)

Then you got the problem of proving premeditation, which even the judge says is a problem.

I hate to nitpick, but I dont agree with you about going past the bike, that road is like the only way out of where he lived in Puma Path. Going right by the helmet though which was in the opposite direction is major piece of evidence.
So why did that not get picked up by gps? I “get” why Barry made up an answer but if gps showed him going toward 285 then won’t defense just use that as an example of badgering?

So why did that not get picked up by gps? I “get” why Barry made up an answer but if gps showed him going toward 285 then won’t defense just use that as an example of badgering?
The defense wont do that because Barry lied about what time he left the house, he said he set his alarm for 4:30 and left the house at 5 am but his GPS showed him at 3:30 ish if my memory is right going towards where the bike was, like @MassGuy said that is damning.

Also, while I have no idea why this guy's interview was included in the AA since it seems like his last real contact with Barry was in 2004, he does seem to describe him perfectly:

"Wimmer said that Barry thinks he is a really good liar and he is not. Barry is the kind of person that will just stand there and 'tell you something you know damn well is not true.'" (pg. 57)

What about the fact that he says she "looked drunk" and then later says it was a "good evening and they had good sex" because she wasn't drinking? Which one was it? (What a controlling guy, anyway).

I wouldn't be able to remember what kind of steaks I ate or cooked on any particular day. The one plate thing is weird - but hardly evidence of a crime.

I think, of course, that he cooked the steak after Suzanne was dead, and I think Suzanne was trending vegetarian (I wish they'd asked him that - there's SO much I wish they'd asked him back then, before he lawyered up - it's just, once again, so disappointing).
Funny. I love steak and I am so picky. I know exactly what I am choosing and how I like it cooked. I can remember anytime. Besides, that was his special night with Suzanne remember? My husband would remember everything from the steaks to the music to whether I slept or not.
But then....I am not married to Barry
Morphew! He lies when he doesn’t have to.

I think, in the end, it will be obvious to a jury that he is full of hot air and didn’t love Suzanne at all. And It’s safe to say he doesn’t love his daughters.

Did you read how Macy texted her mom on Mother’s Day and when her mom didn’t answer she was afraid they had a big fight and now she would be home all summer and her summer would be ruined?

I will bet my last dollar that Barry made sure Macy was with her mom when he wasn’t there watching her. Macy was used by him and she doesn’t even know it.

As it turns out, it wasn’t a bad summer for her after all because BM made sure to take them to Mexico for fun and frolic!

Yes! BAM!!!! @MassGuy !!!
I was waiting for a BAM!

I’m just skimming through the AA but will sit down and read through the whole thing tomorrow. I see that Barry was really trying to sell the idea that Suzanne had a severe drinking problem. Disgusting! I think the info about Barry selling his fairly worthless Indiana business TWICE is pretty interesting. Suzanne was a saint for putting up with him all those years.

Special Agent Grusing has a few sort of funny moments in the AA where I can practically feel the sarcasm dripping, though Barry apparently couldn't.

pg 78: "SA Grusing asked immunity for what, and Barry replied, 'I think in case somebody falsely convicts me, or something.' SA Grusing said, 'You won't be falsely convicted.'" (italics added)

pg 116: "Barry said, 'Any guy in his right mind that knows anything about the legal system would tell you not to talk, I just...' [...] SA Grusing told Barry if he is guilty, he is correct, that he should not be talking to us. Barry said, 'Yeah.'"
YES!! Also when Barry asked if he could tell him how long the affair had been going on, and he's like, I think you can answer that- or something to that affect. LOL
Grusing is a rockstar. Is this the same guy BM was crying to with the whole "How could you do this to me? I trusted you.." at the time of his arrest? I'm guessing it was 100% him. The way he thought they were all the same- just 3 great god-fearing men that deserved equal amounts of respect. PUKE

Also, while I have no idea why this guy's interview was included in the AA since it seems like his last real contact with Barry was in 2004, he does seem to describe him perfectly:

"Wimmer said that Barry thinks he is a really good liar and he is not. Barry is the kind of person that will just stand there and 'tell you something you know damn well is not true.'" (pg. 57)
Bingo!

Wonder what was up with the bare foot marks in the bobcat bucket. Did they measure them to see if they were consistent with the size of SM's feet?
Also @Gardenista, it's not searchable because it's a scanned doc. DL the file and convert to word for free (lots of programs on the net) and then you can search.

Honestly can't for the life of me see why the AA was withheld. Heck there isn't even that much redacted.

Not an experienced sleuther here. Although I did get involved with Gannon pretty early on and stayed with it and read Stauch's AA, that one I got. In comparison this AA seems so disjointed. So when they say something like they found bare foot prints in the bucket no solid follow up or explanation?? And that Barry was removing the trail cams that afternoon no solid follow up or explanation of how they know, or that three dogs necro dogs(meaning not Andy’s later search with dogs) hit on the trailer and bobcat both , but that equipment is not connected and offer no solid follow up or explanation of how they know, or where it fits in, not a word, what are we to think? It maybe isn't true just their suspicions? I waiting to hear they "oops" they found another dinner plate. Welcome to kick me out guys:confused::confused: I'm just trying to understand. ? There are so many loose ends, is that typical?

Last edited:
How about them having steaks the night she was murdered and yet he can’t remember what kind of steaks? Oh and they had to eat those steaks out of one plate.
Barf.
First, he says he probably washed his own dish and that's why there was only 1 plate in the dishwasher. Later on, when asked, he said they shared a plate. The dude is the worst liar ever.

It seemed like they almost came close to a confession towards the end there... but BM wasn't having it. It wasn't his fault, after all. He's the true victim here. :rolleyes:
That was one final shot at a confession, with the worst case being he gave them more ammo. I think he was close a couple times, but they just couldn't get him there (immunity).

Di
Pardon me. I feed my sister dinner (Lewy Body Dementia) each day so I missed the big reveal. Today, I polished her nails a lighter shade of pale.

Please know your posts are valued. It'll take me a while to catch up tho.

I've got to believe neither daughter read the AA, esp MM1. Would love to know where he's spending the night and the next 8 months or so.

I've got to believe the daughters are filled with shame, and probably are carrying a huge clump of humiliation, to boot.

Based on what I've read thus far, I'm baffled over Suzanne staying. It proves how strong a bond mothers have with their precious babies because that house with that man was nothing but misery.

The stress of the marriage didn't kill her. Cancer, invading her twice, didn't kill her. The man she promised to love until death they do part killed her.

#FindSuzanne
Did you see the pictures of the girls walking out of the jail with Barry today?
They are not ashamed.

Also @Gardenista, it's not searchable because it's a scan...DL he file and convert to word for free and then you can search.

Honestly can't for the life of me see why the AA was withheld. Heck there isn't even that much redacted.

Not an experienced sleuther here. Although I did get involved with Gannon pretty early on and stayed with it and read Stauch's AA, that one I got. In comparison this AA seems so disjointed. So when they say something like they found bare foot prints in the bucket no solid follow up or explanation?? And that Barry was removing the trail cams that afternoon no solid follow up or explanation of how they know, or that three dogs necro dogs(meaning not Andy’s later search with dogs) hit on the trailer and bobcat both , but that equipment is not connected and offer no solid follow up or explanation of how they know, or where it fits in, not a word, what are we to think? It maybe isn't true just their suspicions? I waiting to hear they "oops" they found another dinner plate. Welcome to kick me out guys:confused::confused: I'm just trying to understand. ? There are so many loose ends, is that typical?
I guess it is possible they can tell if the sim card in the bobcat was removed? Personally I think it's involved they just havent figured out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer