Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, life has kept me busy and I have not been back to this case...since wow, a long time...even though I am in CO. I have been busy over on the Gabby case.
What brought me back to this case...seeing this *** and his super duper happy daughters walking out of jail on bail - as the top article on the Daily Mail.....and being so taken back the absolute joy of all 3 of them. I guess I have missed a lot.

Are the daughters completely unaware of the fact their mother kept a detailed record of the abuse their father put her thru? Is this not allowed to be talked about? If it is not, I will just shut up and not take offense if removed by mods. I was just in shocked seeing that video.

I would love to know just what "Dad" told MM1 and MM2 about Suzanne's disappearance. I strongly suspect he wove religion into his explanation of her disappearance.

JMVHO

Go-____-Me $$$?
Not particularly enlightening. Weren't there multiple fund raisers?

"Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the page for Suzanne went and whether it was used to pay for the Longhorn Ranch property. Barry said, "I don't recall where money went, but like I said, if it, there, a lot of that money, I paid George $4000 cause he, s-, stopped working. I paid a lot of things out of that money, but I don't recall a lot of what it was."

AA page 114. Adobe Acrobat or
or AA page 112 on hardcopy page numbering.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user.../21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

I guess it is possible they can tell if the sim card in the bobcat was removed? Personally I think it's involved they just havent figured out how.
I believe he was alluding to his use of his Bobcat in her demise by mentioning that a mountain lion might have taken her off. He teases these words around as if to suggest just enough but not incriminate himself. He thinks he’s toying w investigators who are much smarter than him, and I hope his veiled suggestions of underwater, buried, etc come back to bite him hard.

Also, while I have no idea why this guy's interview was included in the AA since it seems like his last real contact with Barry was in 2004, he does seem to describe him perfectly:

"Wimmer said that Barry thinks he is a really good liar and he is not. Barry is the kind of person that will just stand there and 'tell you something you know damn well is not true.'" (pg. 57)

"the kind of person that will just stand there and 'tell you something you know damn well is not true.'" (pg. 57)"

My father was like that but he had Alzheimer's.

Pardon me. I feed my sister dinner (Lewy Body Dementia) each day so I missed the big reveal. Today, I polished her nails a lighter shade of pale.

Please know your posts are valued. It'll take me a while to catch up tho.

I've got to believe neither daughter read the AA, esp MM1. Would love to know where he's spending the night and the next 8 months or so.

I've got to believe the daughters are filled with shame, and probably are carrying a huge clump of humiliation, to boot.

Based on what I've read thus far, I'm baffled over Suzanne staying. It proves how strong a bond mothers have with their precious babies because that house with that man was nothing but misery.

The stress of the marriage didn't kill her. Cancer, invading her twice, didn't kill her. The man she promised to love until death they do part killed her.

#FindSuzanne
They didn't look humiliated showboating around their father all on parade getting into the truck post bail.
:(

moo

I’m disappointed in the lack of direct evidence, though I don’t blame law enforcement for it. I don’t think there was much evidence to collect.

Barry’s got a couple of hobbies: killing mammals and moving dirt around.
And turning off cameras, phones, truck GPS, and disabling a dart rifle.

Oh dear. You don’t think BM is “dumb enough?” I wouldn’t bet on that one! He ranks right up there with all the other genius murderers spending the rest of their living days behind bars.

I do hate to remind you (well, not really :)), but during the Donthe Lucas trial you asserted the evidence wouldn’t be enough to convict him. Well, the circumstantial evidence against the “horn dog” (lol) BM is more than double what they had on DL and look what happened! Bye, Bye Donthe :). If I were on BM’s jury, I’d have no problem whatsoever finding him guilty. I’ve seen nothing that could possibly point to anyone else. JMHO
Even if Barry does flee, slim chance to start a new life somewhere for long, for a number of reasons and he'll be out $500k.

That case came down to a testimony from a prisoner with Lucas. That's a scary thought, it really is, state throws you in jail and then uses whatever slime balls you're in with against you. We don't care about it because it was so obvious he was guilty but it was not at all proven well. Personally if I was a juror I would be skeptical of that inmate and want it to be verified in some way with something not known to the public.

Here some of the evidence is pretty damning, like I said I think they have proven that Barry is involved in some way, but like the judge said it's unclear what charge he should get because the evidence for premeditated is nothing really

Bobcat Blade. Trent?
I could be confusing names but am trying to make sense of bbm. If not BM's nephew, then who?
And why would someone other than BM provide to CBI, if not seized pursuant to SW? TiA.

"SA Grusing asks about the pin on the bobcat. Barry points to a pin on the back right arm of the bobcat and says that he didn't even realize that the nut has come off of a bolt that is there. Barry states that when the bobcat arm goes up and down the pin works its way out one way or the other and he just has to beat it back in to place, because it holds the cylinder in place. SA Grusing asks if Barry can do that on his own and doesn't need help. Barry confirms that he can. Barry starts talking about the cutting blade of the bobcat and walks around to show agents as he describes how it has a cutting edge on both sides and can be flipped and that when Crib had to replace his blade, it had already been flipped and both edges were worn out. Barry said he thinks that Trent had that blade and gave it to CBI." bbm

April 22, 2021 interview?
AA page 119. Adobe Acrobat
AA page 117 hardcopy page numbering.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

As @MassGuy has said, there really is nobody else who could have done this. Everything points towards Barry.

However, I’m really not comfortable with the amount of excess info that didn’t need to be included in the AA, and generally how the whole document was structured. Some of the content just wasn’t needed, and is a distraction from the task at hand (proving BM killed SM).

I wish the document had been better structured, with a flow of sorts, a backstory building up to the fateful day of May 9th, and then happenings thereafter.

I can only hope that the prosecution present their case more clearly at trial, without “bitting and bobbing” around like the info presented in the AA, with more focus on the main details that prove to us that he must have killed her, with less focus on all of the other stuff.

I’ve seen one particular sleuther present the information far better than the prosecution, which alone would have been enough to convince a jury IMO, without all of the distractions that do nothing but prove that he was a jerk, pervert and lousy husband.

All MOO.

As @MassGuy has said, there really is nobody else who could have done this. Everything points towards Barry.

However, I’m really not comfortable with the amount of excess info that didn’t need to be included in the AA, and generally how the whole document was structured. Some of the content just wasn’t needed, and is a distraction from the task at hand (proving BM killed SM).

I wish the document had been better structured, with a flow of sorts, a backstory building up to the fateful day of May 9th, and then happenings thereafter.

I can only hope that the prosecution present their case more clearly at trial, without “bitting and bobbing” around like the info presented in the AA, with more focus on the main details that prove to us that he must have killed her, with less focus on all of the other stuff.

I’ve seen one particular sleuther present the information far better than the prosecution, which alone would have been enough to convince a jury IMO, without all of the distractions that do nothing but prove that he was a jerk, pervert and lousy husband.

All MOO.
There was some excess stuff in there for sure, but no matter what, this thing was going to be incredibly lengthy.

There's a lot of context that needed to be explained here, and as far as Barry goes, it was important to understand that, so we could understand him.

It was also important to understand Suzanne, what she went through, and the details surrounding their marriage.

The vast majority of this thing was Barry's own words, and the stunning amount of lies, inconsistencies, and ever changing accounts.

That's super important, as a no-body case is really difficult, especially with no physical evidence.

I may be in the minority here, but the flow mostly felt right to me. I knew where they were going, and what they were trying to show.

Last edited:
I love that headline so much.

I also like this:

Among those details:

• Barry Morphew couldn’t describe his last image of his wife until one investigator suggested he may have seen a lump under the covers as he left for work, which he agreed is what he saw
  • Morphew said he and Suzanne ate steaks the night before she disappeared, but he couldn’t describe them and investigators only found one set of dirty dishes
  • He claimed to have awoken to his alarm at 4:30 a.m. on the day she disappeared, but no alarm had been set on his phone
  • He could not explain why he left early for work that day and did not pick up a coworker to carpool as planned, according to the affidavit

I think she was referring to Barry having a lover while Suzanne was still alive. Still, Barry didn't seem to waste any time.

Oh sorry. I thought SD was seeing him while Suzanne was alive ... but after seeing your reply I checked the AA again, and now see that their friendship was evidently said to go from around Dec 2020 through April 2021.

I was wondering why the police said they saw no evidence of an affair. o_O

The fact that he googled younger woman and older men I think this relationship started far before SM disappeared. I also think he was gas lighting her which is why she was obsessed with him having an affair he was making her feel crazy. He is trash! Half the text messages didn’t even make sense to what was responded he either was very good at deleting them or he had another phone

THIS. Yep.

Oh sorry. I thought SD was seeing him while Suzanne was alive ... but after seeing your reply I checked the AA again, and now see that their friendship was evidently said to go from around Dec 2020 through April 2021.

They just couldn't prove it, although their activities were certainly indicative of one (flowers, Valentine's Day hotel room, late night visits, sleepovers).

Just shows Barry as a liar again.

Yes, way back in the beginning there were rumors of "another woman," and I think that's what she was referring to in her interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288