Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

Should we be concerned that Lauren isn't on the list of people that Barry is prohibited from contacting if/when he makes bail?

jakat, windrower, PaulaDC and 36 others like this.

2. O.Incandenza

O.Incandenza Well-Known Member

I would have preferred a higher bond, but all in all I think that was about the best that could be expected from today.

I know people are upset about BM potentially getting out, but I think it was unreasonable to expect no bond given that this isn't a slam-dunk murder one case. But at least that charge survived to the trial and a jury will get to decide on it, which is the most important thing. It definitely could have been worse.

Plus the AA has been redacted and will be released.

3. Hoss569

Hoss569 Well-Known Member

BBM brings up a thought or question,

Would the items used as possible evidence be available to BM? Equipment(bobcat) / vehicles(truck) / tools or whatever? Do they hold those items over till trial or are they released once processed?

4. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

@NoSI do you recall the judge telling Barry that he can't have guns?

5. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

6. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I don’t think so. If anything happens to Lauren, FOX will merely delegate the job to someone else. She is not a witness. Her metier is investigative journalism.

No contact list would consist of either witnesses, or people with whom it is personal for Barry, or both.

Strictly MO.

7. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

The AA being released is good for us. It gives us all something to read and talk about.
    But we aren’t the jurors. And BM has a stellar defense team.

After today no one will convince me he might not walk free. Yes there will be a trial. Yes the DA will bring all they have. But as the judge said, will it be enough? I’m not sure.

We have been discussing this for a year. We believe one hundred percent he is guilty.

What the DA is allowed to present and able to prove is something else.

My stomach is churning for the people on which he would like to seek revenge. Must be quite a list. I hurt for them.

8. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I know. The show 20/20 reported on a nationwide investigation that found at least 50 murders allegedly committed since 2012 by people who at the time were under orders to wear electronically monitored ankle bracelets. In some cases, authorities failed to appropriately monitor people wearing ankle bracelets or to respond to alerts set off by the electronic devices.

The program features interviews with Rafael Zaldivar, the father of a young man who was killed in Orange County, Florida, by someone wearing a device; and Bill Cregg, who was the first to arrive on the scene of a murder in Syracuse, New York, by a man who had removed his device.

Watch 20/20 Season 40 Episode 40 05/25/18: 20/20 Online

misgrn, jakat, windrower and 23 others like this.
  9. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

@Megnut Suzanne's inheritance was $500k. This ruling silences her further.

or...the Karma could be Suzanne wants Barry free (her money or not, whatever it takes ) to run his mouth, God knows he's his own worst enemy.

10. Whitneyh

Whitneyh Well-Known Member

I think it’s interesting he had support from people In IN I wonder if that support is recent from hearing the evidence in the prelim, or is that support that was there all along?

11. browneyes

browneyes Well-Known Member

I
    I am disappointed that Barry will be getting out on bond, but I feel the prosecution’s case is strong. No reasonable juror would believe someone else killed her. What did that mysterious killer do…..abduct her from her bicycle and then find her car to leave fingerprints on the glove box? It makes no sense. I won’t care if he offs himself. He should not be around his daughters. I’m going to have faith. I also pray, with hunting season and more awareness of Suzanne missing, that she will be found.

12. NoSI

NoSI Verified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/RXN

Yup, i do, @Gardenista. No guns for Barry.

13. Lauren might need a restraining order against his sister or other family members. She shouldn't have to worry about a Morphew family member approaching her the way his sister did at the courthouse.
    JMO

14. You got that right! The Bobcat might bury this judge's reputation by finding other prey to pursue.
    JMO

15. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

What's also upsetting is that an ankle monitor cannot track Barry's movements. It will alarm if he crosses county lines.

Shucks. There are movies that show how to escape the ankle monitor. Haven't checked but there's probably a few YouTube videos that explain how to trick the system while wearing an ankle monitor that's imposed by a lenient judge.

Where will this alleged killer live since he's not allowed into Gunnison where Suzanne's two daughters reside?

I feel empathy for the citizens of Chaffee County. They know, come Monday, a dude will be walking among them while being charged with Murder 1 plus 4 other criminal charges.

#FindSuzanne

16. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

Some thoughts:

When the Judge said he could not rule out scenario #2. Could he have been hinting at Barry hiring a hit man? Or having help killing Suzanne? The truck data keeps nagging at me for some reason.

Also, where was that fire the weekend prior to Suzanne’s murder? Could the soil underneath that site still be warm a week later and easy to dig into?

She’s either in an area well-known to Barry, or just the opposite, to rapidly discard her due to his anger and disregard for her and her body.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    jakat, AnnaGrace, Aloe and 13 others like this.
  17. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

I kinda hope he does try to recruit someone, someone with a conscience, unlike himself. I believe he is that arrogant, to think he could get away it. Bye, Bye $500,000. Go to Jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200 :).

18. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

19. susiQ

susiQ Well-Known Member

That’s good news, but we know how Barry esteems himself above the law, right? I do hope someone can keep a close eye on him.

Too bad Judge Murphy didn’t prohibit BM from wearing that tattered, faded out blue wife-beater :eek: . We should add that to his list of crimes :)

20. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

I interpreted the judge’s alternate scenarios (SODDI or Suzanne left) as Barry had no involvement in those. Judge said it was very unlikely she left on her own, so that leaves only 2 realistic options: Barry or SODDI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.