Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost finished with the AA.
Unfortunately there isn’t a smoking gun, but I could see a lot of flying bullets.
Most of the interesting parts I saw were already discussed but here is another interesting piece of info I haven’t seen mentioned so far:

Attachments

• 6DD391A6-D7D3-404F-BC67-DA7ED8C9B773.jpeg
    6DD391A6-D7D3-404F-BC67-DA7ED8C9B773.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 126
Sadly underwhelmed by the entire AA and sickened by the videos of BM being released. Other than Barry repeatedly lying, the AA contained nothing, even less than the nothing the state showed at the PH. He just paid $500k to get away with Suzanne's murder, actually, Suzanne just paid for him to get away with it. If (big bolded IF) Barry gets convicted of anything, it will be for the illegal gun and the voting ballot and he will probably get time served. I hope the state finds their A game cuz they certainly misplaced it with the AA and PH. I don't foresee any justice for Suzanne. She deserved so much better. Jmo

Sadly I agree completely. This is all a big nothing burger. I get no Bam moments or anything else. I will be really surprised if a jury convicts him and I'm quite honestly surprised he was even held over. He's a jerk but that doesn't make murder of his wife beyond reasonable doubt. The state needs to do better if they want a conviction.

(See BBM).

It is my humble opinion that therein lies the problem. I would also gather that this is exactly why Barry became the type of person he is today.
Exactly! We learned in the AA that upon finding a woman’s bracelet in his truck in IN, SM accused him of having an affair. Who but his sister steps in to claim it was hers :rolleyes:. The females in his life are always there propping him up and covering for him.

His attorneys pride themselves in representing men wrongfully accused of violence against women. It’s hard for me to imagine myself defending a man who is obviously guilty of abusing and finally murdering his wife and who sees women as nothing more than sexual objects to satisfy his twisted ego, INCLUDING THEM! Nope, I couldn’t do it. I’d kick that jerk to the curb and tell him to find some man to defend him. I know it’s a job and obviously it pays well but I could not defend that swine of a man. JMHO

Just catching up. So a judge says there's enough evidence of MURDER to send this guy to trial but we'll let him out in the meantime? Move along folks, nothing to see here.....
Not quite....the judge said there is 3 things that could have happend...one Susan was murdered by Barry, Suzanne was abducted or Suzanne ran away. There was enough in the AA to pass the low bar on the first point - that Susan was murdered by Barry to let a jury of his peers determine. He is free because there was not proof positive and presumption great....just the low bar that was necessary to continue to trial and Barry's presumption of innocence. The law precluded the judge from a no-bond position because the prosecution needed to meet proof positive presumption great on Murder 1 to trigger the no bond. Prosecution will have to get to a much higher bar to get Murder 1 from a jury.

I almost finished with the AA.
Unfortunately there isn’t a smoking gun, but I could see a lot of flying bullets.
Most of the interesting parts I saw were already discussed but here is another interesting piece of info I haven’t seen mentioned so far:

and I see in the March and onward interviews he keeps asking and probing for information about his wife’s lover. Asking about the lovers wife, asking if Suzanne wanted to start a new life with the lover, asking if it was an old boyfriend or a high school friend, etc…

he is quite consumed with the affair and who it is. So not at all surprised that he tried to figure it out in her Facebook friends.

I’ve said before and I’ll say again I am quite nervous for her lover now that Barry is free.

I read the AA last night and I think it's the biggest advertisement for hiring a defense lawyer early that I've ever seen. I wonder what Iris and Dru thought when they read it? If Barry called them when his friend handed him a card for a different defense lawyer, I think this case would be very different. Luckily for the state, Barry thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Those are always the hardest people to defend IMO.

I do still think the AA could have been 25 pages. I've never seen an AA that excerpts conversations like this. Usually the agent just summarizes and the transcripts are available in the state's files to back up the agent's summary. I don't think they needed to include page after page of their conversations (even if it was interesting reading). I also don't think it really prejudices him any more than the PH. He doesn't look like a great guy but I don't think he was in the running for husband of the year even before it was released.

Really don't like the idea of him sitting at home eating steak when poor people arrested on much less serious crimes are sitting in jail. JMO though

Anyone want to wager whether Barry supplied the tidbit about tranqueing deer in the breezeway AFTER LE asked him about the errant cap? I bet, if we could ask LE, they could enlighten us as to whether they indicated to Barry WHERE they found it.

He just knew where he used it.

JMO

Is that Freudian slip or misdirection? One must wonder...

misdirection, in my opinion. He talks a lot about the river and even says they should’ve used the $140,000 used to search his job site for searching the river instead.

What he talked about very briefly and changed the subject very quickly was mine shafts. Agent asked him about vertical mineshafts in the area!!

Last edited:
I read the AA last night and I think it's the biggest advertisement for hiring a defense lawyer early that I've ever seen. I wonder what Iris and Dru thought when they read it? If Barry called them when his friend handed him a card for a different defense lawyer, I think this case would be very different. Luckily for the state, Barry thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Those are always the hardest people to defend IMO.

I do still think the AA could have been 25 pages. I've never seen an AA that excerpts conversations like this. Usually the agent just summarizes and the transcripts are available in the state's files to back up the agent's summary. I don't think they needed to include page after page of their conversations (even if it was interesting reading). I also don't think it really prejudices him any more than the PH. He doesn't look like a great guy but I don't think he was in the running for husband of the year even before it was released.

Really don't like the idea of him sitting at home eating steak when poor people arrested on much less serious crimes are sitting in jail. JMO though

Totally agree. I am a huge advocate of the US justice system for many reasons. I do think the primary weakness is the fact that we imprison more people than almost every country in the world and often it is people who cannot afford good representation. It saddens me. But I do believe that the burden is and always should be on the state to "prove" beyond a shadow of doubt that someone has committed a crime and I think it should be a rigorous bar for them. I do think Barry had means and opportunity and motive from his 30 hours of babbling so was "low hanging fruit" for LE so to speak...but prosecution has to prove to me that he did it which hasn't happened yet. I also think the AA had so so much unnecessary "content"...and quite a bit that will never see the light of day at a trial. I do think the judge was correct when he made a comment to the affect of yup yup they had a bad marriage, Suzanne had an affair, move along :) Lots of gossip worthy "stuff" in the AA for all of us curious folk.

I have personally known someone who got in a raft of legal trouble during the height of "me too", an intelligent college educated person, because he thought he could "talk to LE" and explain a situation....without a lawyer. So, Barry was dumb. Really dumb about that. I totally believe he would not have gone through any of this if he had taken his friends advice and the business card to heart and hired someone. Lesson learned for everyone who thinks it's "OK" to talk to LE and "explain". My friend's lawyer did an excellent job and the complainant got caught in their own mistruths prior to trial as those of us close to the situation knew would happen and all is well for him but a very, very expensive lesson that stretched over a year...and so so stupid. Everything you say will be held against you as we're seeing so best to shut up and pay a lawyer to navigate. It will be interesting to see what transpires between now and the trial date.

Love, I did see footage of them. They held their heads high, didn't they? Is that an expression learned from their lovely mother? No matter the battle, hold your head high and fight.

The only glimmer of a smile was on the accused's face. Barry is a burden to them. Trust me.
Well as we understand it today, Barry is the one insisting on everyone smiling and presenting the perfect family to the world. They learned it from Barry.
So did Suzanne and when she got fed up, he killed her.

Also very interested that he rambled on and on defensively about the daughter’s bedsheets and about how he knew nothing about them.

Then Grusing said the odd thing about the sheets and the house is that a tranquilizer dart had been fired. !!!

What’s up with those sheets?!

I think I figured out what Suzanne meant about "deer... pants".

(I wonder incidentally if Suzanne wrote her list in truncated shorthand or if that's merely what was recoverable.)

To be delicate... something akin to "I never has sex with that woman. "

Barry might make a distinction about what constitutes sex and what constitutes cheating. If you know what I mean.

But boy, he's been using animals as excuses for a long time...

Deer don't have opposable thumbs, however.

You catch my drift?

JMO

Just saw that short clip and wondering if the girls realize their mother is dead. Murdered at that. And by their own father. I did not like how that looked at all. In fact I found it pretty disgusting. I wish SM would have just bailed and left them all to themselves.

Everything that is now happening in this case, and the Morphew families in particular, feels so dismissive of SUZANNE, who was MISSING and now we know is DEAD. How the Morphews can erase her is beyond my comprehension.

Thank goodness for WS and those from SUZANNE’s life who continue to uphold her light in the world.

Sadly I agree completely. This is all a big nothing burger. I get no Bam moments or anything else. I will be really surprised if a jury convicts him and I'm quite honestly surprised he was even held over. He's a jerk but that doesn't make murder of his wife beyond reasonable doubt. The state needs to do better if they want a conviction.
We don’t need a BAM. Just 12 jurors who can put a puzzle together (with the help of a good prosecution of course).

I think I figured out what Suzanne meant about "deer... pants".

(I wonder incidentally if Suzanne wrote her list in truncated shorthand or if that's merely what was recoverable.)

To be delicate... something akin to "I never has sex with that woman. "

Barry might make a distinction about what constitutes sex and what constitutes cheating. If you know what I mean.

But boy, he's been using animals as excuses for a long time...

Deer don't have opposable thumbs, however.

You catch my drift?

JMO
I think the deer pants and his zipper referred to him “hunting females” and not keeping his pants zipped.

My mother in law always told her boys to keep that thing zipped in their pants till they were married. She has been gone for years but we loved her dearly. She had quite a way with words in teaching her two boys. Gotta say though, both of them turned out great! :)

Looking at this pic, the girls both have Suzanne's smile.
*Photo OP* I can absolutely hear IrisE "Now when you walk out Girls, make sure you are hugging/touching your Dad and have the biggest SMILE plastered on your faces at all times. You need to make sure everyone knows there isn't anything to be afraid of, your Dad wouldn't hurt a fly". (Just your mom, innocent defenseless chipmunks, deer for their horns out of season, no problem, turkeys, etc.)

"Barr, make sure you are smiling, and meek and being so grateful to be out of your concrete prison. Just show the good, God fearing man and family you are." *puke emoji*

This crap show isn't going to garner BM any sympathy. I think it's actually working against him being out on bail. I love the irony that he is court ordered to stay in the very town that hates him and knows all his dark secrets.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member