Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waldojabba

waldojabba Well-Known Member

Yes totally agree @HongKongPhooey - there are so many "coincidences" that it really bogles the mind doesn't it ?
    Fool me once, shame on me .... and we all know the rest
    A fair and balanced approach would seem to point to viewing everything in totality vs selectively isolating items ?
    just IMO

Rolo, Leader6518, gsleuth and 16 others like this.

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I disagree: sex, lies, money, greed, control. Does not require a missive.

Rolo, swedeheart, Aloe and 9 others like this.
  3. WellThen

WellThen Well-Known Member

I hope the daughters read the arrest affidavit and convince their father to confess and take a plea. Surely by now the daughters realize what the future holds...massive legal bills to the point of depleted family finances, lifelong ostracization by the community (world), possibility of their father harming them and/or himself, and their father committing other crimes (destroying evidence, contacting witnesses, etc).

BethSpirit, gsleuth, 303gmf and 9 others like this.
  4. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else find it odd that Barry referred to all of the LE officers/agents by their first name...or even nickname? "Agent Grusling is "Johnny", for example. I get the trying to establish rapport...but he comes across as over the top and presumptive. I am sure they played along and utilized that. But when Barry mentioned one of them by name to another one in the AA it was first name.

Rolo, BethSpirit, gsleuth and 21 others like this.
  5. joe jones

joe jones Well-Known Member

His daughters must be in so much pain, so if at present they are choosing to stand by their father I completely understand. It takes many families years (sometimes never) to accept that a family member could have done something so horrendous.

On another note the man cannot stop talking, all those interviews he gave to LE and all the changing details and stories, it is extraordinary. He sure must think he has some smarts to believe he is able to talk his way out of it.

Rolo, Kemug, Orgona and 16 others like this.
  6. Yesiamapirate

Yesiamapirate Well-Known Member

I wonder how JL feels about BM being out? I know there is the tether and all. But it has to make him a little leery. I mean he is on trial for murder.

Rolo, badgersmythe, Orgona and 23 others like this.
  7. Seattle1

Nope. And certainly no surprise that BM dismissed two of the earlier CBI agents as lying to him-- while trying to climb the ladder to establish cred with FBI buddies!

Rolo, Orgona, swedeheart and 18 others like this.
  8. joe jones

joe jones Well-Known Member

I think they probably asked him to call them by their christian names, makes it less threatening if you get called Johnny instead of Agent Grusling, and he probably thought he had them all believing his tall tales of chipmunks and elks and throw in a bear or mountain lion or two and they would see he was totally innocent.

Rolo, BethSpirit, Orgona and 17 others like this.
  9. Scootie98

you can bet his lawyers have laid down the law to him....likely told him not even to confide anything in his daughters. He is an island unto himself...and 8 months is a long time to keep a lid on this bottle. It won't be long before he is demanding of the lawyers that they get travel privileges for him.

10. Seattle1

I don't know how but I really don't see BM losing their support. Seems to me this is a family that likes to preach to hate the sin but to forgive and love the sinner.

BM repeatedly used Mathew's bible verse "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven" in my opinion, to manipulate SM. BM alleges he preached forgiveness to his daughters when telling them about SM's extramarital affair with JL. MOO

Bible Math Matthew 18:21, 22

Rolo, swedeheart, Brubon and 14 others like this.
  11. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Barry won't be driving to Michigan anytime soon so JL is safe from the wrath of Barry. Barry not the type to leave $500,000 sitting on the table to lose...I think he's going to be playing it safe for the next 7 months. I can't imagine many men that wouldn't want to punch his lights out given the situation. There are probably 2 families that wish he would have never answered Suzanne's first message, but frankly, I believe if it wasn't him it would be someone else sad to say and he could have said thanks but no thanks and he didn't. He has to live with himself.

K9Enzo, brissygirl2019, Kemug and 7 others like this.
  12. Steelhead

Steelhead Well-Known Member

This immediately came to my mind after reading the AA. I don't know why ;)

Brubon, DeDee, coastal and 10 others like this.
  13. Scootie98

Page 114: "SA Grusing explained that investigators are looking for proof of life because we have a difference of her breathing and then Barry seeing her. Barry said "Yeah"". Is this to mean that there is actually electronic data from a fit bit or smartwatch? Barry insisted that she was snoring lightly at 5:00am Sunday....now if the data shows otherwise....everything Barry said about dinner, sex, sleeping, snoring, etc....all of it would be contradicted by that device as of 2:47pm and after on Saturday. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    Rolo, Orgona, swedeheart and 16 others like this.
  14. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

I've been woefully behind since before the hearing on the 17th, but I echo many of the sentiments here. Relieved that he will be bound over for trial, disgusted that he is out and free to enjoy his peanut butter grilled steaks, and worse, continue to possibly control and manipulate his daughters.

I'm sure he's definitely feeling quite pleased with himself and his lawyers, however it will be interesting to see if he can stay out of trouble until trial.

My hope is that regardless of where Barry is, the prosecution is hard at work at making this case as strong as possible, assuming that they can still be investigating various leads. Lining up their experts, especially on that unknown DNA. More digging (pun intended) on the bobcat!

But my most fervent wish is that Suzanne's body is found, not just for the strength of the case, but so that she can go home to those that truly loved her. Praying for a miracle!

Rolo, Janeumayer, Kemug and 35 others like this.
  15. notbornyesterday

notbornyesterday Well-Known Member

Does the dart have to be fired at someone? Does it have to be injected? Could you just open it and pour the liquid into someone's drink? Then maybe the 11 calls in succession were to see if it had taken effect yet? But then that wouldn't explain the running around if she was already drugged? He was just up to some sneaky stuff.

DianeElaine, Kemug, gsleuth and 8 others like this.
  16. TexieLouWho21

TexieLouWho21 Well-Known Member

I had to laugh at this. I have a friend,she bow fishes. She shoots fish with a compound bow. Lol...she's actually very good at it. I don't know if BM can own/use a bow. In my state it's legal for a felon to bow hunt. I don't know about Colorado.

Rolo, Blue Amethyst, susiQ and 9 others like this.
  17. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

A brief analogy. My neighbor deliberately turned her truck and killed another neighbor by mowing him down at high speed. (With witnesses). They reduced the charges to second degree in the fear one jury would disagree (bad decision). first degree is so hard to prove. Even if they agree BM did it, they have very little / no concrete proof. Conceivably one juror could look for a higher bar and the. defense will destroy SM character. Not a slam dunk. It was not a slam dunk with the judge. He was looking for a higher bar, DNA evidence.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    Rolo, BethSpirit, Kemug and 8 others like this.
  18. TIGER0822

Hiding bruises?

19. TIGER0822

I suspect that $400 had to cover food and other essentials.

gsleuth, 303gmf, Charlot123 and 4 others like this.
  20. TIGER0822

I would love to hear about that too

gsleuth, Pink2017, Brubon and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.