Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Barry's lawyers are going to nickel and dime the court for expanded privileges for Barry. They want the world...especially the citizens in Colorado to get used to Barry living amongst them....to make that normal between now and his trial. Then, at trial...they will sell the "unfairness of breaking up the family that has rebuilt their lives." Its all theatrics...but I see it coming this way....more petitions for expanded priveleges for Barry.

Rolo, BethSpirit, nyvictoria and 11 others like this.

2. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Agree. I predict the first petitions will be for him to work outside of Chaffee County.

Rolo, nyvictoria, Orgona and 10 others like this.
  3. RedTRex

RedTRex Active Member

I remember reading about the request, but I never saw anything about it being declined. I could be wrong...

al66pine likes this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Rolo, Orgona, brissygirl2019 and 23 others like this.
  5. RedTRex

RedTRex Active Member

Thanks for the correction

6. Yeah. BM calls himself a redneck on p. 86 to explain potentially violating the law re: taking of deer antlers with a tranquilizer gun shot to immobilize deer in his yard.

Long but revealing article below about the practice of antler taking from living deer, something he could have learned in re: deer farming. Does BM need to fear a DNR charge in addition to his other woes?

https://www.farmanimalreport.com/20...t-off-its-antlers-breeding-velvet-harvesting/

Attached Files:

gsleuth, girlhasnoname, susiQ and 8 others like this.
  7. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Speculation in a You Tube video. There is no body, so there is not yet any evidence regarding specifics of the presumed method of concealment.

mom2chloe and Murphy1950 like this.
  8. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

I hope SM's CamelBak was empty or close to empty. Otherwise, the defense will say she put it in her car in preparation to go riding that day, was about to put her bike in her truck and got abducted out of her garage.

9. Wonder how much cash was found in her purse in the car? It shouldn't be too hard to determine if she relied on cash a lot. But not sure it matters except as it relates to DV?

I have another thought to share. I distinctly remember the day I said to the person in my life who was extremely verbally abusive me for years, "I don't care what you think."

It was a pivotal moment when the cycle of abuse was broken in my mind and heart. Her text to the effect really spoke to me! I think it was pivotal for her and her abuser, too.

JMO

Diddian, Rolo, BethSpirit and 20 others like this.
  10. StarrDetective

StarrDetective Well-Known Member

The antlers start as nubs in April and reach their full potential by August.
    BM claimed to be tranqing deer in April for their antlers. What a complete and total tool he is. Busted in yet another lie. Why did the judge let him out?!

Rolo, Janeumayer, BethSpirit and 27 others like this.
  11. Leader6518

Leader6518 Well-Known Member

That is not necessarily true. Many abused women never think their abuser will kill them. I know from experience and working with abused women. What is sad is that they can even be put in the hospital with broken bones and they still will deny the abuser would kill them. Maybe it’s total denial for the woman or maybe it’s that the abuser at some point loses control and goes beyond their calculated terror/control tactics. I believe the threat of losing control of the person heightens the risk of serious injury or murder.
    IMO people who are not abusers just can’t wrap their minds around someone doing that to someone they love. They may know they are abusive during the cycle but usually they are sorry and attentive afterwards.

Of course there are always outliers and I believe BM fell into the outlier category. He was mentally abusive/controlling, but he wasn’t that type of threat to Suzanne in her eyes. Although, she did indicate she was afraid to be alone with him. Maybe she saw him as a controlled bully and not an out of control abuser turned murderer.

Again, this is just MOO based on some experience.
    EBM to correct typo.

12. ar3593

ar3593 Well-Known Member

Agree 100%...MOO, this is strategic. Perhaps his attorneys are preparing a "whole" new look for Barry for the trial next year? Soften up the hard, angry and weathered look he once had? All to portray a soft, mild-mannered gentleman (gag) and dedicated father for the jurors?
    MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2021
    Rolo, Mimi in London, Brubon and 8 others like this.
  13. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I've seen young healthy bucks with antlers in April. The big guys no, but the young bucks and I see mostly white tail deer so I looked for info from Colorado and found this: Mule deer can shed their antlers anytime from late December to April or early May and elk generally drop their antlers in March or April, while most of the animals still are on their winter range. from Colorado Hunter: The Inside Skinny on Shed Antlers – Colorado Hunter

al66pine, Murphy1950 and crhedBngr like this.
  14. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

If he uses a gun, it's going to land him back in jail. There's only so much sneaking around he can do. Someone might see him. I feel certain that most people in Chaffee County would alert LE if they see Barry hunting with a firearm (elk hunting season hasn't started yet - one more week).

I do wonder where he's living. Why do you think he'd have to explain his whereabouts to his daughters? Do we even know where he's living?

Rolo, gsleuth, windrower and 14 others like this.
  15. 10ofRods

They took all of his weapons as evidence in the first days of treating the house as a crime scene. They found that Barry had lied about all the weapons being in the gun safe (they found two more, at least one of them loaded) outside the gun safe. They took those as well. Barry then puts his illegal short rifle in his car and drives alongside the FBI guy (I think it was) and turns that over - they have that on body cam.

While air guns may not be classified as firearms by ATF, in some states and counties, they are classified as weapons and can only be used in certain places. It's illegal to hunt elk with an air gun (see CO hunting regulations - it's absolutely not okay to try and kill a large animal with a pellet gun).

I believe the terms of his release specifically state he can't have firearms, but perhaps he can have a bow - entirely different kind of hunting, there's one week left of the elk bow-hunting season, IIRC.

Yes - he does have another gun violation mentioned in the AA. What a guy.

Diddian, Rolo, gsleuth and 12 others like this.
  16. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

I strongly suspect the media will smoke him out eventually.

JMVHO.

17. 10ofRods

That's what happens when a guy loses access to his bodybuilding "supplements," the great outdoors (the tan), and his hair extensions and hair dye.

Oh, and has to eat jail food...no peanut butter steaks.

18. 10ofRods

They did a little ceremony near the place where the bike was found and left a statue that had belonged to Suzanne's mother (a garden agent). Which was then stolen from the memorial due to the urging of certain youtubers and supposedly given to Suzanne's sister.

There was no public memorial and Barry attended no vigils or public memorials.

Rolo, Kemug, sassyblue and 11 others like this.
  19. Derph

Derph Well-Known Member

Just thinking out loud here, but a blowgun or blowtube could be used to deliver a tranq dart. Makes no sound and is pretty accurate. There's no evidence of that but maybe he got rid of that too.

Also do we think JL will be called as a witness? I could see him being called by the defense as a hostile witness. His statement that SM told him bM wouldn't hurt her because he learned his lesson could be a problem for the prosecution. I guess it could go either way. On one hand it shows that bM hit her before but on the other it shows she didn't fear him doing it again. Thoughts?

Kemug, coastal, gsleuth and 2 others like this.
  20. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

Question on cash bail: If BM is acquitted, whoever posted the bail will get the $500,ooo returned. What happens to the $500,000 if BM is found guilty?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.