Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he just placed an Amazon order and never changed his shipping address? This could be totally innocuous...just saying. The crime was a "porch thief" as far as the law goes in my opinion.
I thought the same until I read the AA. He's living right in the area, and Shoshona was ready to pounce once it was delivered.

FedEx lets you change shipping addresses prior to delivery. No way was this innocent.

I hope they figure out what was in that package.

Colorado Criminal Trespass Laws - FindLaw

Second Degree Criminal Trespass
  • Definition: unlawfully enters or remains in premises enclosed or fenced to exclude intruders, knowingly and unlawfully enters or remains in the common areas of a hotel, motel, condo, apartment or another's motor vehicle.
  • Charge: Class 3 misdemeanor; a class 2 misdemeanor if it is agricultural land; a class 4 felony if it is agricultural land and the person intends to commit a felony there.
  • Penalty: Driver's license revocation and:
    • 2-6 years imprisonment and/or a fine of $2,000-$500,000 for a class 4 felony;
    • 3 months - 1 years imprisonment and/or a fine of $250-$1,000 for a class 2 misdemeanor;
    • up to 6 months imprisonment and/or a fine of $50 for a class 3 misdemeanor.

What if he just placed an Amazon order and never changed his shipping address? This could be totally innocuous...just saying. The crime was a "porch thief" as far as the law goes in my opinion.

Editing to add that I just read the arrest report and it is for trespassing. NO mention of the porch package other than it was mentioned that on camera she was caught with a box under her arm and the owner said the door camera only captures images on the porch if someone rings the doorbell.

Maybe he couldn't change his Amazon or other online company shipping address. Remember, you have to re-enter your credit card details when shipping to an address other than the one connected to your billing address. It's to prevent fraud, as I learned when I worked at Amazon in the 1990s.

What I am trying to say is perhaps old BM didn't have the credit card in hand. He was trying to order something, couldn't change the shipping address without a valid credit card, and he decided on an "end run". JMO. But this is fishy as hell.

According to the AA for SD, she was seen jogging onto the property. Thought I heard her say she couldn't work due to a MVA this morning to Judge Murphy? Hmm.
Hmm. I forget exactly what was said, was the income a veteran’s pension and then unable to work due to MVA? Hope she wasn’t claiming disability. Well actually…

Editing to add that I just read the arrest report and it is for trespassing. NO mention of the porch package other than it was mentioned that on camera she was caught with a box under her arm and the owner said the door camera only captures images on the porch if someone rings the doorbell.

You may want to read it again. On page 1 it clearly states that the owner receives notifications if there is motion in certain areas around the home. On page 5 the owner is quoted as saying she receives notification if someone rings the doorbell, and she did not receive any such notice on the 27th. You also may have missed the portion of the AA showing the FEDEX guy there, roughly an hour before Barry's girlfriend showed up.

So... SD intentionally didn't ring, like a decent human being, she just grabbed the box and took off.

I thought the same until I read the AA. He's living right in the area, and Shoshona was ready to pounce once it was delivered.

FedEx lets you change shipping addresses prior to delivery. No way was this innocent.

I hope they figure out what was in that package.
Surely LE asked her what she knew at the time of her arrest. doesn't mean she told them anything. But doesn't that give LE the right for a search warrant to get the information for Fed Ex and information from Fed EX as to the company the item was purchased from? This isn't over yet.

Wonder why Barry is staying so close to the murder scene?

Maybe he couldn't change his Amazon or other online company shipping address. Remember, you have to re-enter your credit card details when shipping to an address other than the one connected to your billing address. It's to prevent fraud, as I learned when I worked at Amazon in the 1990s.

What I am trying to say is perhaps old BM didn't have the credit card in hand. He was trying to order something, couldn't change the shipping address without a valid credit card, and he decided on an "end run". JMO. But this is fishy as hell.
Hook, line & sinker fishy. A whale of a tale fishy. I'll stop ;)

Surely LE asked her what she knew at the time of her arrest. doesn't mean she told them anything. But doesn't that give LE the right for a search warrant to get the information for Fed Ex and information from Fed EX as to the company the item was purchased from? This isn't over yet.

Wonder why Barry is staying so close to the murder scene?

Seems... sketchy. Best word I could come up with, without violating TOS.

Does it sound like the current PP owner texted a LE Officer about the trespass? Not sure if I read that wrong in the AA. IMO

You read it correctly. I can only guess that the new owners very quickly became text message contacts with the CCSO. For a variety of reasons.

Keeping in mind, when they became owners, Barry was still a free man, not yet having been charged with Suzanne's murder.

I guarantee that LE will find out what was in the box even if the homeowner just filed a trespass charge. And when the homeowner learned a box was taken, what is to keep said homeowner from filing theft charges? Or maybe FedEx from filing theft charges? Doesn't matter who it was addressed to. I am sure SD isn't the homeowner and she isn't BM either. She stole the box.

You and I can address this again in a few days, maybe once BM is back in jail for violating his bond. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth