Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Yes, that doesn't equal a threat, but some sort of suggested intimidation (although she was paid, according to her). Nor do we know which person said it, Barry's nephew or the neighbor buddy GD who curiously enough, benefitted financially from the crowd sourced fund, to the tune of 4 grand, according to Barry.

2. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

Exactly!

This whole thing about TN and "threats" has absolutely no basis in fact, but boy - does it have legs. It's tiresome that people continue to repeat the conversation.

MG never said she was (or felt) threatened. They talked about LE, they talked about whether one is required to relinquish one's phone upon request - a perfectly reasonable topic under the circumstances. The "hush money" statement was likely a lame joke.

It's NOTHING and never has been! Obviously LE agrees.

When people stop repeating it, maybe the innocuous incident will die a natural and well-deserved death.

3. HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey Well-Known Member

All this said - there is a protection order in place for MG. So it has to be presumed, she does feel vulnerable at this point in time?'

Rolo, katydid23, susiQ and 29 others like this.
  4. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

I believe you must have an address before release. moo

5. WellThen

WellThen Well-Known Member

Not really. This would be true only if Barry is actually wearing the ankle monitor. If he removes it in an unserviceable area, then he is free to roam far and wide undetected because removing it in an unserviceable area will not send an alert.

Rolo, Leader6518, susiQ and 18 others like this.
  6. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Found this article.....thought it might be applicable to the discussion (hope it works):

www.psychiatria-danubina.com/UserDocImages/pdf/dnb_vol28_no3/dnb_vol28_no3_307.pdf
    Sorry about that. This is an article about how narcissists are at greater risk of suicide. rather interesting, but having difficulty posting it.

Janeumayer, Aloe, Kemug and 7 others like this.
  7. WellThen

Maybe but if Fed Ex made a delivery mistake then I would think Barry et al would have just called FedEx to retrieve the package, re-deliver, or even take it to a FedEx center for someone else to pick up. Seems easier and avoids legal problems and possibility of jeopardizing bail conditions. I realize Barry isn't the brightest and as demonstrated in the AA, he does lots of things that defy common sense and self-preservation, so anything is possible.

Rolo, Alcina, BethSpirit and 18 others like this.
  8. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

And as far as anybody knows, he's probably already removed it.
    Is LE even watching him?

Rolo, katydid23, susiQ and 15 others like this.
  9. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I suspect there are protection orders on all the potential local witnesses for the prosecution...might even be a little clue where they are currently heading with their trial strategy :)

al66pine, mom2chloe and jakat like this.
  10. WellThen

I'm kinda waiting for the ironic plot twist where SD or daughters report that Barry "disappeared" and was last seen biking...with, of course, the requisite (staged) bike and helmet discovered near a bridge. And no trace of the ankle monitor! Barry was kidnapped! Bears, mountain lions, and chipmunks took him!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
    Kittybunny, susiQ, ar3593 and 25 others like this.
  11. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

supposedly, any tampering with the device will trigger an alert...We know Barry wants to put it on airplane mode....If I were to hazard a guess...Barry would attempt his shenanigans when the battery runs out...thinking he can claim it didn't properly recharge....jmo

Rolo, ar3593, BethSpirit and 10 others like this.
  12. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

1099. Who's on First?
    @Momofthreeboys sbm bbm Thx for your reply and I agree w you in doubting it will factor into trial. My post responded to @Puzzles8 question - shouldn't G----M issue a 1099 to GD? and my post used a lot of ink to address the taxation issue saying: No, if anyone should issue 1099 to GD (or other form), it's not G---M, which presumably does not even have his SocSecNo. on file.

My post did not address any potentially fraudulent
    payments which may have been made w G----M donations.

We may have different recollections about fundraiser sequence of events. Iirc, for a short time BM was named as beneficiary of campaign. If so, as I understand it, during that time, G----M would have electronically transferred $$$ to his bank a/c making BM the recipient of the funds technically, and w that money, BM would have been in charge (controlling disbursements, who, what, where, when) during that period. Iirc BM said, he paid GD $4000 for searching for SM.
    My recollection re specific deets could be foggy or downright wrong.

Regardless, G----M is not the entity (if any) obligated to issue GD a 1099, imo, which was the question posed. my2ct.

13. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

DA requests Barry Morphew's bond be revoked because ankle monitor can't be detected
    Carol McKinley carol.mckinley@gazette.com

Prosecutors in Barry Morphew’s murder case asked a judge last month to set stricter terms for his pre-trial release from jail because an ankle monitor he is ordered to wear doesn't work in steep terrain west of Monarch Pass where he's been living.

Charged with killing his wife Suzanne, who disappeared on Mother's Day in 2020, Morphew was released from the Chaffee County jail Sept. 20 on $500,000 bail and ordered to wear the monitor. Attached to his ankle, the device uses Global Positioning System satellites to determine Morphew's whereabouts and cellular telephone signals to send that location to authorities.

But the monitoring system doesn't work in areas where cellular service is spotty, leaving cops in the dark on the location of Morphew, who authorities say has been living in an area with no cellular service since his release. Prosecutors want a judge to order Morphew to move to a place where the monitoring system works.

Court documents refer to Morphew's current domicile as “the Cushman Residence.” On Sept. 21, the operators of the ankle monitor system, Intervention Inc., told authorities that it could not track him if he continued to live there.

Because the Cushman residence is only a few hundred yards away from where Morphew, 53, lived with his missing wife, Suzanne, and because it is also close to the home of neighbors who are key witnesses in the case, Prosecutor Linda Stanley asked Judge Patrick Murphy to recopnsider bail in the case, potentially threatening Morphew's freedom ahead of trial unless a compromise can be reached.

<snip>

According to court documents obtained by The Gazette, Morphew rents a home near the Chaffee County Courthouse within reach of cellphone towers. Prosecutors want him to live there so they can keep tabs on his location.

No timetable for a ruling on the issue has been announced by Chaffee County District Judge Patrick Murphy.

Edit* changed "owns a home," to "rents a home." Carol corrected it on Twitter, and that's precisely what the documents themselves say.

DA requests Barry Morphew's bond be revoked because ankle monitor can't be detected

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Rolo, Leader6518, katydid23 and 47 others like this.
  14. Hoss569

Hoss569 Well-Known Member

Barry may have also made some new friends in the pen that gave him ideas on how to beat the ankle monitor.

Flicka1, Janeumayer, susiQ and 25 others like this.
  15. Momofthreeboys

I think your memory is correct and I do recall that for a very short time Barry was the recipient...but it was so far in the past I guess I was thinking it was not long...perhaps days....and then it went to his mother for awhile before moving to MM1. I suppose that it could be argued that a person who received dollars from those gifts is also receiving a gift...maybe unless you get audited LOL. The campaign organizer has to instruct G---M to transfer the funds and that can take 2-5 days according to G---M so it's not automatic in the beginning and the banking and first transfer has to occur prior to 90 days at that time the organizer initiating the transfer can specify frequency if transferring new gifts that come in or at least that is what little I know.

Kittybunny and al66pine like this.
  16. WellThen

He probably also has a few burner phones by now and can research this at his leisure! <modsnip - please use initials SD, not nicknames> seems like an enthusiatic errand runner and could have easily picked up a few. Can only imagine what else <modsnip - please use SD> has done for him...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
    susiQ, Kemug, MerBeach and 12 others like this.
  17. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

Deleted by me.

elliefant, Murphy1950, Skigh and 3 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I just edited my post, as Carol issued a correction.

Thank you. He is paying rent at that home.

https://twitter.com/carolamckinley/status/1446224941511110665?s=21

katydid23, Janeumayer, susiQ and 29 others like this.
  19. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

Subscriptions to Colorado courts are pricey but PE and MSM can probably justify. Unless info is sealed -- it's all publicly available for a fee.

I believe that BM's defense has been very vigilant about keeping many of the motions from appearing on the "Cases of Interest" section or free site. I can understand they would not want information about BM's known residence or GPS problems on the public site. Personally, I've found the Colorado court clerks very helpful when info is not timely posted on the public site and many times it's more a question of manpower. Some Colorado counties do not participate and do not post any "Cases of Interest."

Also, Pacer only tracks U.S. Court and/or federal cases.

MOO

Rolo, katydid23, susiQ and 17 others like this.
  20. Momofthreeboys

He OWNS it? That's news...but what a conflict another source said he's paying SD's rent. If he owns it he's not paying her rent. I think the info that he owns it is wrong unless he recently bought it. He was in the rental business in Indiana sorta. But that also clouds the argument that he was "packing up to leave the country" LOL if he bought a house in Salida somewhere down the line. Prosecution just can't catch a break.

Kemug, al66pine and mom2chloe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.