Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

We do not know if he is renting or if SD is renting. The property owner will know. We only know from the AA that allegedly Barry is paying the rent. Most landlords really don't care who is coming up with the rent money...they care about who is in the house and who is on the lease and that they get paid on time in my opinion as a landlord along with the other lease conditions around utilities, garbage etc. etc. The lease, if the landlord is experienced, will also stipulate how many people can live in the house and sometimes who they are. This makes it complicated if SD is the tenant on the lease as they can't "order" Barry to go live there without involving the landlord. If Barry leased the house that is a different story with potentially different outcomes.

Rolo, Kemug, crhedBngr and 4 others like this.

2. Brubon

Brubon Well-Known Member

2 bed/1 bath
    1300 sq ft
    5 rooms total
    .86 acre
    Built in 1906

315 P B
    Salida, CO

Imo

Rolo, susiQ, IronyDetective and 22 others like this.
  3. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Rolo, steeltowngirl, susiQ and 19 others like this.
  4. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

We don't know if FB and SD were still in a relationship on May 10 but it seems to me that their reports about seeing a vehicle looking out of place were independent of each other:

FB reported seeing a vehicle looking out of place on the bike TRAIL -- not Puma Path Rd. From the video linked below, FB gives no indication that he knows the victim and/or where SM lived. His account is specifically about the bike trail.

Authorities cordon off home of missing Chaffee County woman | FOX31 Denver

From the AA, SD stated that she reported seeing a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision while cleaning.

Take note that the "Cushman" house is listed in Airbnb and not occupied fulltime by owner. It would not be unusual for this home to be cleaned on Sunday as a guest rental home. SM's brother Andy also stayed at the "Cushman house" when he was town. This information conveyed during his interviews on Profiling Evil youtube (PE).

5. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

No doubt the defense team and their investigator(s) are learning or have learned all about SD's place, her ex etc. in the investigation. The prosecution might not be as interested as they may not want to illuminate any alternative suspects.

Kemug and al66pine like this.
  6. CGray123

CGray123 "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional."

This is interesting speculation, but it seems clear the DA believes BM is entitled to live in the Salida home he's renting, and this is the logical place for the court to require him to live as a condition of bond. The court may modify the boundaries of BM's confinement so that he can be tracked 24/7. BM can easily afford to rent in Salida or Poncha Springs until next May.

I think Gunnison is out of the question. The town is home to Western Colorado University, which enrolls about 3,000 students, over half of whom are female. Lots of "cute girls" and BM - what could go wrong?

Rolo, steeltowngirl, susiQ and 19 others like this.
  7. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

Agree except I don’t think BM met SD at a dumpster. Wasn’t that BM/Suzanne evening stroll to the HOA dumpster a chit chat with an older gal? Please correct me if I’m incorrect.

Anyway, I too hope SD was looked at closely. And her vehicle. And the second cell device. Is she some older financially-desperate gal who was roped in earlier than Oct 2020?

Pages 92, 93 BM asserts he did not meet SD until Oct 25, 2020. “God answered his prayer of ‘Please give me something.’”

As of the April 5 2021 interview, BM states “There’s nothing sexual going on with her and I…”

Yet BM and SD are at The Antlers Hotel Feb 2021 in a single room.

So pffffft.

I’ve read the AA several times and am just overwhelmed with BM’s excuses, hyperbole, God excuses, victim blaming, tight rules, sneaky behavior, wildlife blaming, and God complex.

IMHO, clearly the DA needs to pull in several psychologists and psychiatrists to give a narrative about how BM’s mind works.

8. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

The original cleaning lady Barry met at the dumpster, not to be confused with the cleaning lady he picked up at the dumpster, as one does, was discarding multiple bags of trash.

Please someone explain this to me.

IMO it's not insignificant!

Who was staying there? Not airbnb customers. Pandemic. Was that guest house trash? Seems excessive. Main house?

Am I reading this right? SD placed herself in the vicinity of PP on May 10???? Did she get played by a player?

So many moving parts. Bobcat included.

JMO

Rolo, BethSpirit, susiQ and 22 others like this.
  9. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Days prior to SM vanishing, BM/SM approached a woman at the community dumpster. Woman was dumping items from short-term rentals after cancellations. Reporter LS confirmed this woman was not SD.

SD inserted herself in the equation per the AA when stated that she saw a suspicious vehicle in the PP subdivision on May 10 and reported the same to the tip line. SD provided that she did house cleaning in the subdivison.

MOO

ETA: add LS video link

9/28/21 - Take 3… Morphew arrest affidavit chat

See 45:47 min mark

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    Rolo, BethSpirit, Orgona and 25 others like this.
  10. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

Yes it was a different cleaning lady-BB, that SM & BM ran into on 5/6/20 as she was throwing away trash from the rentals into the community dumpster. SD claims she met BM at the dumpster in October, 2020. BM claimed to SA Grusing that he first met SD in October, 2020.

*Snipped from article at first link below and BBM:

Darke later said she met Morphew in October 2020 at the dumpster near the Maysville home.

From the AA, page 93:

Barry continued, “And I didn’t meet her until October 25th. The first time I ever even saw her face to face and talked to her was October 25th.” Barry said by meeting Shoshona, God answered his prayer of “Please give me something.”

Woman accused of having a relationship with Barry Morphew arrested for trespassing

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf

I
    MHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

ETA-AA link

Rolo, BethSpirit, Orgona and 24 others like this.
  11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Rolo, BethSpirit, Kemug and 14 others like this.
  12. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Thank you for confirming.

I'm stuck on the details.

If there were cancelations due to the pandemic, what was there to clean? Dust, mop, done. 6 or 7 trash bags....

So from what?

From guests in the guest cottage? Who were unable to empty their own trash? Were the homeowners home or away?

And if the homeowners employed a cleaning lady on 5/6 (who was NOT SD but who Barry and Suzanne encountered), what was SD cleaning on 5/10? Same house needed cleaning 4 days later? On Mother's Day, no less.

I smell chipmunk stunk.

JMO

13. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

She could have been in the area for other reasons...small town. Some cleaning companies rotate personnel due to need and availability. Doubt the house was being cleaned 5/10 but certainly possible. Like hotels/motels most AirBNB type places are expected to be cleaned after each guest, that's sop.

Rolo, Kemug, jakat and 9 others like this.
  14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

IMO, information coming from SD that was allegedly wiping her phone in police presence should be taken with a huge grain of salt whereas BB, the independent cleaning woman interviewed and reported by LS is credible information.

Rolo, Leader6518, BethSpirit and 17 others like this.
  15. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the candlelight vigil held in Salida during Andy’s search for Suzanne. There was talk of someone watching from a car, but not participating. We wondered if it was spying on Barry’s behalf, or if the person was there on their own. We have come full circle.

Rolo, BethSpirit, Kittybunny and 28 others like this.
  16. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

And the mysterious bike rider around Andy's search group.

Rolo, BethSpirit, susiQ and 26 others like this.
  17. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Reading between my own lines, I have SD positing herself near the PP home on Mothers Day with no credible reason to be in the neighborhood.

JMO

Rolo, BethSpirit, susiQ and 30 others like this.
  18. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

According to Page 3 of SD's AA, she has been employed by a Real Estate Company and has been cleaning the Cushman's homes since 2018.

"During the investigation of Suzanne Morphens, investigators learned Shoshona Darke was employed by Pinion Real Estate Group since 2018 as a housekeeper and cleaned the Cushman’s homes (redacted) frequently."

So the Morphews landed at PP in 2018 and JMO, but what are the odds that Barry was staying at the Cushman's PP property while his own PP house was being processed by LE, yet the first time he encountered SD was October of 2020? How did the Cushman's home become available to him so quickly once his own was locked down on 5/10/20 and then again once he made bail?

Rolo, Leader6518, BethSpirit and 29 others like this.
  19. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Jumping off your post. When was Andy's search? It was within a month of Suzanne going missing IIRC. So say in the neighborhood of early June, 2020. So SD would have been cleaning that house, then.

Isn't that interesting.

MOO

Rolo, BethSpirit, Kittybunny and 14 others like this.
  20. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

SODDI might just turn out to be:
    SOLDI - Some other lion did it, or
    SOCDI - Some other chipmunk did it, or
    SOTDI - Some other turkey did it, or....well, you get the idea. OTOH....could be that:
    ITWHOM - I think we have our man.

Rolo, BethSpirit, Orgona and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.