Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that Cushman was in court the day of closing statements following the PH. It was at some point soon after that when Cushman spoke to the court offering their residence/property as a place for Barry to reside.

Given that, apparently the D was well-prepared to show the court that Barry had a residence within Chaffee Co in which he could immediately reside.

I do not have a link so this post is merely my honest and humble opinion.

Ms Ritter's name is definetly spelled Jeanne, as Cindizzi and Murphy have kindly shown. I concur with the accuracy.

Rolo, Flicka1, Born2BWild and 28 others like this.

2. SteelCity91

SteelCity91 Well-Known Member

I wonder if LE is able to (or maybe already has) pull SD’s cellphone record the morning of Mothers Day in 2020 to see if SD was in the area of the PP home to make that assumption she saw a suspicious vehicle. If she wasn’t in the area and was lying about what she saw, I feel that is huge to bring up in trial. IMO I think Barry told her to say that.

nyvictoria, Rolo, ar3593 and 31 others like this.
  3. DellaC

DellaC Well-Known Member

Smaller than PP house? Yes. But bigger than a jail cell.

Rolo, Melsworld, ar3593 and 24 others like this.
  4. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Seems rather unrealistic that SD was right there at the PP place on Mother's Day to see a suspicious vehicle, yet Barry claims to have never even met her until late October last year. Sorry, I'm not buying it. I'm also not buying that there ever was any suspicious vehicle. Frankly, I think they're both lying through their teeth. Him for himself, and her for him, for some whacked out reason.

jmo

Diddian, Rolo, Leader6518 and 50 others like this.
  5. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

Certainly not a SD defender but could she have been in the area on that day because she’s a cleaning lady for homes located nearby?

Wenifred, Kemug, Bailey38 and 7 others like this.
  6. IronyDetective

IronyDetective Well-Known Member

Agreed @Ontario Mom
    I’m not even believing the “met at a dumpster” story - I think the fibs are getting tangled and confused with real events. It must be SO hard to remember everything ;)

How can the Prosecution prove SD and BM met prior to Suzanne going missing? Phone or GPS records?
    Hmm .. can a mobile phone tell you when you entered someone’s phone number into your own phone contacts, an exact date?

Rolo, Flicka1, Melsworld and 31 others like this.
  7. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Was it determined that BM had a burner phone or a second phone?

Flicka1, FromGermany1, susiQ and 9 others like this.
  8. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Quick question. How would connecting SD earlier benefit the prosecution case? It feels to me it would weaken the case because it would introduce possible other scenarios. Since we are past the preliminary and on to trial I am not seeing the connection of benefit to the case. How would they introduce any information if confirmed and how does it fit the prosecution that Barry, enraged by the possibility of divorce, planned and murdered Suzanne.

Bailey38 and al66pine like this.
  9. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

He would like to lie down on a piece of land with his legs and arms apart to mourn briefly with a glance at the sky, but he is unfairly prevented from going there (I assume). :p

10. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

No confirmation, but the AA states something interesting. There were no calls between Barry and Suzanne from February 7th to May 4th. Almost 3 months without one call? I feel like he had a second device, or maybe they weren’t together?
    Also in the AA-on Mother’s Day, Barry texted Suzanne at 3:15-“call me”. No response. Two hours later, Jeanne Ritter called Barry to report Suzanne missing. Did he try Suzanne? Nope. He waited another two hours, and only after receiving a call from the CCSO, did he try to call Suzanne. An hour at the hotel, and another hour driving in his truck, before he thought to call Suzanne. It doesn’t sound like he expected her to pick up.

Rolo, Leader6518, Flicka1 and 39 others like this.
  11. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Of course it's possible, but I'm highly skeptical for a couple of reasons.

1. It was during the part of the covid pandemic when authorities began issuing lock downs, travel restrictions, etc. Most folks were not going on vacations, but instead cancelling travel plans and staying home. The other woman that ran into Barry and Suzanne at the dumpster mentioned she was throwing away food from the properties she manages in that very neighborhood because they were sitting empty due to covid (paraphrasing, I cannot locate the exact link). That doesn't mean all the vacation BnB properties were empty, but it does make it harder to believe "house cleaning" was the reason she was near the PP house. I'm inclined to believe the entire "sighting" was just a bold faced lie, in Barry's favor.

2. SD was said to have deleted things off her phone right in front of LE, one of those items they believed to be Barry's second phone number and was reported to have been "evasive" with her answers. https://www.courts.state.co.us/user.../21CR78/21cr78 Morphew Redacted Affidavit.pdf (page 123) So to me, that right there says she's both sneaky and in a position to defend Barry (since, afterall, she's in an intimate relationship with him).

All of course is jmo.

Diddian, Rolo, Leader6518 and 44 others like this.
  12. WellThen

WellThen Well-Known Member

And his "special friend" Sho can visit at will. Perhaps even go on bike rides with him. (!!)

Flicka1, susiQ, Kemug and 10 others like this.
  13. FromGermany1

AA
    Suzanne wrote on her list, that BM behaved like she SM was "intruding the garage".

What did Suzanne see there or was hindered to see there? What did he do there? Which secrets did he hide? What did he dump into 5 different dumpsters, as he knew, Suzanne wouldn't be found by police and next would be a search of his home? Was there something for preparing SM's death or was there something (ie. souvenirs) left from other crimes?

14. WellThen

My understanding of the AA (and whatI hope reasonable jurors will also conclude) is that while LE found no burner phone, there was enough cell phone data to indicate he had one.

My theory is that Barry had at least one burner well before he murdered Suzanne. Probably used them for many years for different reasons - "meet cute girls," his pervy internet searches, shady business transactions, and research and plan a murder, and enlist the help of Sho in some way, at least to coverup.

opinions only

Rolo, MerBeach, BethSpirit and 32 others like this.
  15. FromGermany1

Would BM have used a burner phone and let have seen Suzanne his second number?

Rolo, Hazelnutty, Brubon and 5 others like this.
  16. WellThen

very similar thoughts with one caveat, Sho wanted to have a sort of plausible excuse if she was seen in the area. Not many people there due to COVID but she had to cover her bases in the off chance she was seen.

Rolo, Error505, BethSpirit and 15 others like this.
  17. rainbowshummingbird

rainbowshummingbird Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. It’s unlikely that SD was there, if she was in fact there at all, on that day. Chaffee County covers over 1,000 square miles, so her assertion that she was there at the exact location/time of Suzanne’s disappearance stretches credulity.

The deletions from her phone are a strong indicator of an attempt to cover up some knowledge of guilty behavior, her’s or Barry’s or both.

Rolo, Leader6518, MerBeach and 33 others like this.
  18. waldojabba

waldojabba Well-Known Member

So here is the question that has me stumped - when LE went to visit with SD after arresting Barry out on the highway, over by the anytime fitness, and SD started deleting info from her phone, couldn’t this be viewed as impeding an investigation - allowing LE to seize the phone and get a subpoena for her iCloud etc/ ?? I guess I am finding it hard to believe that they cannot find the burner - or burners - esp in such an unpopulated area JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2021
    Rolo, Error505, Melsworld and 25 others like this.
  19. Hair of the Dog

Hair of the Dog Well-Known Member

The Cushman property is a total of 11.22 acres and it shares a property line with the Morphew's former PP property. If you go to the Chaffee County Assessor and look up the address (19087 PP) you can click on Maps and see the property lines.

I looked at both units on the rental company's website and I don't see any cameras, keypads or electronic entries that would record anyone coming or going from the property.

20. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Well, we can probably make an educated guess that it wasn't stuff from her weed guy that SD was deleting in front of LE.

That takes some chutzpah to delete stuff in front of the cops.

moo

Diddian, Rolo, MerBeach and 32 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.