Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

I’m in the minority (perhaps a minority of 1) that believes that Barry happily changed his address to Cushmans so he could get back on his supplements ASAP after leaving his cell. FedEx most likely does not get a lot of deliveries for that address, since it’s usually an AirBnB with no long term renters who would get packages delivered by FedEx. Ubereats or grocery delivery is more likely, if that’s even a thing in Maysville. It’s one digit different than 19057. I think it was a mistake. And then SD thought it was perfectly fine to trespass on private property on the behalf of her accused killer boyfriend. If the delivery was actually intentional, that makes Barry either stupid, oblivious, ballsy, cavalier, and very confident he is untouchable.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Diddian, Rolo, VacationMode and 21 others like this.

2. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

RBBM
    Yeah for sure Meg, everything including Suzanne.
    Just like all his other trash, he treated Suzanne the same way. Threw her out like she meant nothing and hid her body very well- just about the only thing in his ‘dumpster fire’ crime/coverup, that he got right. :mad:

Still praying for a miracle Suzanne’s remains are found, hopefully prior to trial, and that she receives the justice she so rightfully deserves.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Rolo, ar3593, girlhasnoname and 32 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

He's already shown us that he's as arrogant as he is stupid, when he attempted to cast that vote for Suzanne.

Laws and rules don't apply to him.

Diddian, Leader6518, Rolo and 42 others like this.
  4. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

IE had a fit when the prosecution referred to the turquoise “article”. Maybe we will get some Pantone color experts during the trial who will testify as to the exact shade of turquoise/teal of the item he was carrying, and if Suzanne’s riding jacket is a match. The Judge would not allow it to be referred to as a jacket.

Rolo, windrower, Daisyeve and 22 others like this.
  5. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

Maybe the court will order him to stay out of the PP area if the reception is so bad, which sounds like it is.

6. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

He has a virtual court appearance on the 13th, I think. I don't think it has anything to do with the judge, but I agree with you, he's much to lenient. It has everything to do with the DA and not being able to track him. So, why is the court date virtual and not an in person appearance? Why is he allowed to roam around Chaffee County, PP area to be specific if he can't be tracked there 24/7.

Something's wrong.

JMO

Rolo, Daisyeve, dlk1949 and 20 others like this.
  7. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

8. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I am not sure that he isn’t traceable in Chaffee County. The document says they can’t monitor low battery alert or tampering alert when he is in the house. There is nothing specified about when he is in and around Chaffee County and GPS tracking. He has not violated bond so the discussion about monitoring probably doesn’t require he be in court.

DeDee, jakat, al66pine and 2 others like this.
  9. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

ETA. Page 21 of AA
    Well here’s what BM told LE she “ probably “ would be wearing. Ya know, if he had to “ guess”.
    ( since he took them and threw away in Broomfield IMO).
    Baby blue helmet
    Baby blue biking clothes

She’s a matcher

Attached Files:

10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

He sure was trying to make sure they checked to see if those items were missing. I'm laughing right now reading that, recalling how transparent he was.

11. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

If the R.s knew the important things about the down-spiralling marriage of SM/BM (and I think, they did), the two would have been the right reliable people to hide Suzanne's diary for her. What a pity, that Suzanne kept it in the home, where her future killer sniffed around.
    If MR was involved in searching for Suzanne with BM on his side, I can imagine, he noticed some oddities with BM and had his own thoughts to things going on and was able to form a bigger picture of past and present occurences. The previous owners of the PP home even had negative thoughts of BM already and only during selling their home to BM (so a relative short time span); then the R.s would have known much more, IMO.
    Whether BM stayed at the R.s, I don't know. I remember, he was staying with a buddy of him (ff?), who talked about the way, BM paced up and down and was looking out the window all the time. At the time, when I read it, I didn't think of BM staying at a property, where he was able to watch going-ons on his own property. I thought, it was an expression of his nervous restlessness only. - Maybe, I didn't understand it the right way.
    ETA:
    The fire chief has not had direct contact with Barry Morphew since Suzanne disappeared, but has spoken to firefighters who have. He said that Barry is staying with a friend in the area, “pacing around, staring out windows,” hoping for information about his wife. The friend is not a member of the fire department, Bertram said, though some Chaffee County firefighters have seen Barry at the friend’s home since the investigation began.
    ‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    Rolo, susiQ, MerBeach and 19 others like this.
  12. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

I think they made love about the same way they shared a plate of steak. Because, the sexual assault scenario does not jive with the tranquilizer theory. I can't reconcile both of those events happening. jmo.

ar3593, susiQ, CGray123 and 13 others like this.
  13. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

The sex might have been abuse, so half of it he didn't lie. His zipper may not have stayed closed the whole time, when he showed her, how to have respect, even in a sedated state. IMO of course.

Daisyeve, Kemug, marylamby and 7 others like this.
  14. kareylou

kareylou Active Member

I lived in the infamous “sketchy” trailer park during the time in question. The main reason I moved was the total lack of connectivity of any kind. No Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T. I could get one local radio station for a while, but I moved my trailer a couple feet for better tree cover and lost even that.
    Also, every time I hear about him shooting 80 something chipmunks I shed a tear, as there was sn absurd number of chipmunks there. I named them and used to watch their behavior. (No connectivity, remember?). As we were so close to the Puma Path house, he probably shot some of my friends

Rolo, Wenifred, mspepper and 47 others like this.
  15. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Good points about the journal and MR’s search with BM, @FromGermany1. I believe it was MR who was the “friend in the area” that BM was staying with. I was more convinced when AM described where the home was that BM stayed in during those first few days. MOO

Rolo, Sunny123, ar3593 and 22 others like this.
  16. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

My assumption at the time was that Barry was staying with his friend GD. No idea how close or far away that was from PP. I’m sure my own perceptions played into that-I would have been much more comfortable bunking with my buddy’s family than the neighbor. I guess staying right at the neighbor’s house would keep me very close to what was being told to LE. I have to go back in my thought process now and rethink those early days of the investigation.

Rolo, susiQ, MerBeach and 18 others like this.
  17. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Man repeatedly threw away trash on day wife disappeared

Trashed by BM during the aftermath of Suzanne's murder, in no particular order:

Tranquilizer materials
    Biking clothing including turquoise riding jacket
    Real Estate brochures in HIE hotel room
    Suzanne's phone
    Suzanne's journal
    Suzanne's recently filled prescriptions
    Barry's camo jacket
    Barry's boots but allegedly not the laces

Rolo, susiQ, MerBeach and 33 others like this.
  18. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Was there any WATER in Suzanne's camelback?

19. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Speaking of Rx’s, did anyone else notice on Page 33 of the AA regarding BM’s phone it says:

“ On March 19, 2020 at 6:44 a.m, a video was taken on Barry’s phone of a prescription drug bottle of SM’s for
    [ redacted] “.

Attached Files:

Rolo, StarrDetective, susiQ and 33 others like this.
  20. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

Yeah, how weird is it to make a video of a presceription bottle? A picture, I guess, if you couldn't remember the name or dosage or whatever, but A)it's not his Rx and B)could he not remember the name?

I'm very interested in finding out what's up with that.

Rolo, StarrDetective, susiQ and 25 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.