Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Don't like it, but have to wait.

Quite conceivable. :(

2. Kemug

Kemug Well-Known Member

I thought SD getting Covid was fishy too at first. But now I think it's probably not fishy, because there would be no real point. It's not going to get her out of facing the music, just postpone it a bit. But it might mean that Barry can't move in with her, as we've been anticipating.

3. Skigh

Skigh Well-Known Member

I still think there is something fishy about her saying she has Covid .

An ulterior motive to delay appearing in court, we just have to work out why the delay might benefit either one or both of them.

Rolo, ar3593, mspepper and 19 others like this.
  4. minusfour

minusfour Well-Known Member

I still get a thrill out of this thread being located in the "Currently Awaiting Trail" area now days! (Small things sometimes)

5. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Is there a link indicating Barry buried things in the front yard, that he didn't want to move to Colorado with?

Lyanna, Flicka1, MaisieBella and 3 others like this.
  6. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

So SD had Covid. When is Barry’s hearing? This week right? He could likely have it by then. Will he have to appear or can it be done through Webex?

Rolo, Kemug, Flicka1 and 8 others like this.
  7. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

It's a virtual hearing tomorrow at 3:30. Will he be able to attend or will he be sick. With covid, of course.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee County - Dockets

Rolo, Kemug, charminglane and 17 others like this.
  8. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Rsbm

Her bike shorts were on the floor of the closet, as I recall. They're the article he pointed to, for LE as a scent item.

I think Suzanne WOULD have gone on a bike ride on 5/9. Perhaps with Barry. Or the hike. She was playing nice, and I believe she thought they were on a new civil path to divorce -- finding a nice place for him, continuing to do invoices, etc. It was a lovely day in Salida, sunny and warm.

With a side of dark and foreboding.

Funny (no awful) that Barry himself adds the stench of death to the day's story-- with his chipmunk tale.

Barry, what were you doing at 2:45 on 5/9?

I was home and I was killing things.

I don't doubt bikers leave contact info in their helmets. Smart. I don't know that they list all the people they know (okay, three). I'm just saying that MAYBE Suzanne's to-do list and the emergency contact list were modified. To fit details. Barry had an order of events...

Didn't Barry say the bullet was in his pocket? Not confident on that so MOO MOO MOO.

Either way, I believe it was in his pocket. And I think it fell out of his pocket when he took his shorts off.

Right by the bed.

Those scratches on his arm? He didn't say they were work related. He said they were Suzanne-related because IMO the brain doesn't lie. When LE asked, I bet how-they-happened is what popped up in his brain -- something he was NOT going to tell so he told something tamer-- got it from a tree, while hiking or searching for SUZANNE. Point being, it was SUZANNE'S FAULT, she caused the scratches to him. He just sanitized the how, from direct to indirect!!!

During the hours in question, based on LE's timeline and theory of the case, some time between the tranq dart and murder, Barry was close enough to Suzanne -- and Suzanne was alive enough --that she attempted to fight back. Sge was trying not to die which IMO means she knew she was going to. THAT is chilling.

And all I can hear in my head are the words of beautiful Kelsey Berreth as Patrick Frazee beat her to death with a baseball bat....

As if Suzanne to Barry --

Please stop.

JMO

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  9. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

It's a footnote (#55, Pg 53 of 129) in the AA. I need to remember to search 'alfalfa' so I can find it without reading every footnote from the beginning. Maybe next time, I'll just look for this post.

Attached Files:

Rolo, 303gmf, DBLG and 27 others like this.
  10. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

OMG! This seems so right on! And absolutely horrifying!

Rolo, fcavanaugh, DeDee and 11 others like this.
  11. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

Ah, she was willing to go on a hike with him and she was making nice hoping he'd just let her go quietly. All the more reason to not select an early evening activity that excluded him.

Do you think he originally thought he'd take her up one of the trails on the western spur and push her off into Fooses? Based on what slips out in interviews, it seems like he went through a half dozen scenarios before going with whatever he finally did.

Rolo, al66pine, 303gmf and 14 others like this.
  12. waldojabba

waldojabba Well-Known Member

Here is the Profiling Evil link for the info re coronoa virus and SD re @DeDee's post

The podcast is from yesterday 10/11/2021 and he is weighing in on a few cases
    The info about the Morphew case starts around 5:42
    He does not cite a source or how he came to know SD has the corona virus and says her case will be heard a few weeks down the road. Just curious if anyone has seen SD and covid confirmed in a post by Lauren or anyone else ?

He also indicates that SD was arrested for trespassing and theft after the new owner of BM's house on Puma Path saw SD on camera"skulking" around ( looked like she had been jogging in plain site up the driveway to me) and then taking a package.

The "skulking" verbage is probably just an attempt to add drama to his podcast but I think he is error about the theft charge - did anybody see a theft charge on her AA ?

Rolo, Kemug, StarrDetective and 14 others like this.
  13. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

No theft charge that I am aware of. Just trespassing.

Rolo, Kemug, Flicka1 and 4 others like this.
  14. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I think it greatly benefits them both if she delays going to court. When they investigate her, they might find more things to ding him with.

Rolo, ar3593, Skigh and 19 others like this.
  15. cattlekate

cattlekate Well-Known Member

This is so bizarre but it does imply as to how stealthy secretive BM was.

Rolo, 303gmf, charminglane and 18 others like this.
  16. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Imagine what all you could hide under a peat rock driveway.

JMO

Rolo, Tumbleweed, Skigh and 19 others like this.
  17. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Maybe she had to check all the doors and windows and window wells. It can be like chasing chipmunks checking all the places a package might (not) be.

JMO

Kemug, crhedBngr, fcavanaugh and 11 others like this.
  18. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

We know SM took her RR into town to meet BM at his job site at Tailwinds on Friday, 5/8. They both then went to Moonlight Pizza. I would guess SM probably did not have her bike on the RR then. I wonder if the RR was picked up in town that night on any videos? It appeared that SM remained at the house on Saturday morning. She texted both SO and JL.

Rolo, Sunny123, Skigh and 27 others like this.
  19. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

We were led to believe that Suzanne rode her bike in the mornings, underscored by -- was it GD? -- who said she always road before church? Barry sure wants the world to think she biked at 9am...

But didn't we just learn that Suzanne was an AFTERNOON biker?

Oh, Barry.

Ya gotta pay attention to your wife.

Especially if you wanna stage a convincing scene.

JMO

20. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Yep Barry said she was a morning biker. Those who knew her (daughters and friends, NOT Barry) said she rode in the afternoons.

Rolo, Orgona, Kemug and 27 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.