Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did Judge Murphy allow BM freedom he doesn't deserve.....he chose to live walking distance from the property.

Shosho's arrest IMO shows playing with fire agenda.

Suzanne is on that property. FOR NOW.:(

moo
Yes but remember that was not his choice. His choice was to move to Gunnison...which is in Gunnison County not Chaffee County so staying at the neighbors is a no go for conspiracy theories. It was where he stayed I believe when the house was sealed. I have to wonder, as I'm sure <modsnip> lawyer will when negotiating a plea, if she was anyone else in Chaffee county would she have been arrested or given a warning after LE discovered the reason for walking up the driveway. Or did LE have a theory other than to go retrieve a misdelivered package. I totally "get" the new owners frustration at having strangers on that property, but the whole thing still feels abit over the top to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but remember that was not his choice. His choice was to move to Gunnison...which is in Gunnison County not Chaffee County so staying at the neighbors is a no go for conspiracy theories. It was where he stayed I believe when the house was sealed. I have to wonder, as I'm sure Shosho's lawyer will when negotiating a plea, if she was anyone else in Chaffee county would she have been arrested or given a warning after LE discovered the reason for walking up the driveway. Or did LE have a theory other than to go retrieve a misdelivered package. I totally "get" the new owners frustration at having strangers on that property, but the whole thing still feels abit over the top to me.

Chaffee County is large enough that BM didn’t need to move within walking distance of his former house. That was his choice, and the choice of the neighbors that allowed him to stay there.

Idk doesnt even make sense, takes like atleast 12 hours for a dead body to put off a scent, and that's not when LE thinks he dumped her body.
I did not realize this. Very interesting. For instance in the Chris Watts case the dogs wouldn't have been much help I supposed since he killed Shannan and got rid of her in under 6 hours. So a dog wouldn't have picked up the scent from the house or the truck used to take her to the burial site, am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you for this info, I have wondered and when I googled it the responses vary so I didn't know. Oh and you are right, it totally doesn't make sense.

I'm a little confused. Didn't SD have a 4pm appearance yesterday regarding a permanent restraining order from someone? Or did I somehow misread all that? I haven't seen anything else about it.

There was a tweet that there would be a 4 pm hearing. I logged in to Judge Murphy’s WebEx at 4 pm Mountain Time and waited for a couple of minutes, and no hearing was started. I made the assumption that the Judge’s order to SD of not to enter the new Puma Path owners’ property may have negated the need for a second hearing. But now I’m wondering - is there a second restraining order?

There was a tweet that there would be a 4 pm hearing. I logged in to Judge Murphy’s WebEx at 4 pm Mountain Time and waited for a couple of minutes, and no hearing was started. I made the assumption that the Judge’s order to SD of not to enter the new Puma Path owners’ property may have negated the need for a second hearing. But now I’m wondering - is there a second restraining order?
I logged in and sat there too. Never happened, I think, and it disappeared from the docket. However, there was another name associated with that restraining order that does not appear to have a connection with PP. I wonder if multiple trespassing charges matter-you would think, after being charged with a similar offense in the past, that one would learn their lesson.

Are we in for eight months of the dumb and dopey adventures of S and B?

When you’re a murderer everything you do makes you look bad. I bet Barry’s attorneys are telling him, “Don’t do anything. Don’t go anywhere. Don’t talk to anyone. Don’t do anything noteworthy. Keep your name out of the media.” Hee hee.
I hope so. It will give us something to do while we await the trial.

Anyone else betting how long it takes for the 'she's a meth head' story to be released, or the ' I did nothing wrong with the package' or ' its in God's hands, he made this whole thing happen'?

Or is that just me and my cynical mind o_O

Anyone else betting how long it takes for the 'she's a meth head' story to be released, or the ' I did nothing wrong with the package' or ' its in God's hands, he made this whole thing happen'?

Or is that just me and my cynical mind o_O

It’s not just you. :) He will say he thought it was ok, everyone else does it. Would not surprise me if he mailed the package addressed to Suzanne’s name. “You mean I can’t order on behalf of my missing wife? I’m sure she’d really want this product.”

Last edited:
Yes but remember that was not his choice. His choice was to move to Gunnison...which is in Gunnison County not Chaffee County so staying at the neighbors is a no go for conspiracy theories. It was where he stayed I believe when the house was sealed. I have to wonder, as I'm sure Shosho's lawyer will when negotiating a plea, if she was anyone else in Chaffee county would she have been arrested or given a warning after LE discovered the reason for walking up the driveway. Or did LE have a theory other than to go retrieve a misdelivered package. I totally "get" the new owners frustration at having strangers on that property, but the whole thing still feels abit over the top to me.
This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO!

Oh, Boy.

It just hit me.

She denied their relationship.

She said some people say she looks like Suzanne.

Why'd she say that?

IMO it wasn't to give herself an undeserved compliment.

IMO it was to presplain sightings with Barry while Suzanne was still alive!!! (And possibly that weekend!)

As in: that wasn't me, that was her.

There it is.

JMO

I was thinking about it - remember Suzanne and Barry were seen in some salad place in Salida on Friday or Saturday, I think? At 4 pm? And then it was said that it had been a mistake. I always thought it was SD (whoever reported it) saw.

Chaffee County is large enough that BM didn’t need to move within walking distance of his former house. That was his choice, and the choice of the neighbors that allowed him to stay there.
You are correct, it is his choice and his friends choice. He's free to live where he wants as long as it is Chaffee county. I don't begrudge people who just can't stand how the legal system works, but it is what it is. The judge could have approved him living in Gunnison...but didn't. The package pickup has not an iota of important in Barry's case. Could have been anyone's package technically and legally. The decision was on law enforcement to actually make an arrest versus mitigate the situation with a warning. Who knows maybe there are happy people in Chaffee county that now know if they catch someone on their property the police will track the person down and throw them in the slammer immediately no questions asked. Black and white case closed boom boom done. I'm no fan of that type of policing but heh it happened.

We don't know if the package was misdelivered, or if Barry intentionally did not change the address with the vendor. Depending on who it was. With Amazon, changing residence is two seconds, but any firearms place would need more, I assume.

I think Barry was ordering from the place where changing an address is more difficult. Not necessarily a gun vendor, BTW, I think, rather, some bank where he was previously registered under a different address.

I have to wonder, as I'm sure Shosho's lawyer will when negotiating a plea, if she was anyone else in Chaffee county would she have been arrested or given a warning after LE discovered the reason for walking up the driveway. Or did LE have a theory other than to go retrieve a misdelivered package. I totally "get" the new owners frustration at having strangers on that property, but the whole thing still feels abit over the top to me.

Anyone else in Chaffee County probably knows better. You don't just do that.
Not over the top, below from Google..

A third of Americans have been victims of porch pirates, with so many packages disappearing from their doorstep. ... The survey showed that an average of 29% of Americans reported having had a package stolen from their porch, front door or mailbox. In urban areas, over two in five (41%) reported having a package stolen.Aug 11, 2021

Oh sorry it's SD so it's ok... Her and Barry just think rules/laws are for other people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grusing doesn't appear until late in episode 3, of that Hulu documentary I was talking about.

I totally get why Barry would open up to this guy. He's easygoing, soft spoken, yet seems to command respect.

Who does this remind you of?

"People like Harold, they're compulsive liars. So they will tell you story one, and if you raise an eyebrow or blink too long, they'll go to story two.

They could care less what anybody else believes, as long as you tell them you believe the story.

A narcissist has no empathy for people around him, and every little statement has to go towards building up a perception or image of that person."
I’ve watched Grusing testimony in the Redwine trial several times, very impressed with him. I didn’t know much about HH ( the world’s unluckiest husband) until you mentioned here yesterday. Don’t have Hulu but spent couple hours on YouTube last night. So many similarities to BM!
JMO

That hearing was in person and for something unrelated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle