Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but remember that was not his choice. His choice was to move to Gunnison...which is in Gunnison County not Chaffee County so staying at the neighbors is a no go for conspiracy theories. It was where he stayed I believe when the house was sealed. I have to wonder, as I'm sure <modsnip> lawyer will when negotiating a plea, if she was anyone else in Chaffee county would she have been arrested or given a warning after LE discovered the reason for walking up the driveway. Or did LE have a theory other than to go retrieve a misdelivered package. I totally "get" the new owners frustration at having strangers on that property, but the whole thing still feels abit over the top to me.
This was not just a random porch pirate incident. A porch pirate either follows an Amazon delivery truck or just happens to notice packages at random addresses.

This incident was premeditated and planned

It doesn’t feel over the top to me at all. MOO

I wouldn't want my vacation home to be used as a mail drop, regardless of other circumstances.

Assuming that Emily and her family are aware of BM's status including the restrictions on his bond, I would be even more inclined to press charges. I would not want BM and his friends to feel free to use my vacation home as a means to evade the conditions of his bond.

Not petty at all, IMO.
One time isnt turning a vacation home into a mail drop.

Are we in for eight months of the dumb and dopey adventures of S and B?

When you’re a murderer everything you do makes you look bad. I bet Barry’s attorneys are telling him, “Don’t do anything. Don’t go anywhere. Don’t talk to anyone. Don’t do anything noteworthy. Keep your name out of the media.” Hee hee.
RBBM Priceless :D:D:D

This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO!
Could you see your name on the packages from your property? Was the next door neighbor’s house plastered with no trespassing signs? Are you the girl friend of the previous owner of the next door neighbor’s house who happens to have been charged with murdering his wife?
And finally, I don’t think it’s petty to not want people crawling all over my private property without permission and removing things from my front porch.

This whole thing should be dismissed. It is just their way of trying to intimidate Barry. I received notice that my packages were delivered and went outside and they weren't there. I saw them on my neighbors front door and went over and saw my name and took them. They were mine. I never thought for one second I was trespassing. Barry authorized her to get it and that should be the end. The whole thing is petty IMO!
Barry has no right to authorize her to get it. He does not reside there. It should not be the end of it.

I’m glad the cameras were operational.
MOO

FedX the image of which is in the affiavit of the truck in front of their house when the package was delivered generally takes a photo of the package on the porch....or at least that is what happens in my neck of the woods so Barry would recognize his own old front door and know exactly where FedX dropped the package. I too tilt toward an over reaction by the police and find it bizarre that they weren't able to work it through with the homeowner...I doubt LE tried to mediate. I have to wonder how other homeowners in Chaffee county who have complained about a trespasser got that kind of reaction from LE. I'd stake my money on few if any. My guess is practice is probably that LE if they know who trespassed gives a warning the first time. Anyway....if it comes found some way to Barry his lawyers will have a field day.
The police are not in the mediation business. Once they have evidence of a crime and the owner decides to press charges, the place for mediation is in the judicial process. There's still a possibility that will be the result here, but in the specific circumstances I would not accept a promise to stay away if I owned the property.

Nor have they over-reacted. Unoccupied houses in rural areas are used by drug dealers and other criminals if the owners are not vigilant and/or law enforcement is lax. I think Chaffee County voters support the Sheriff's approach here.

This was not just a random porch pirate incident. A porch pirate either follows an Amazon delivery truck or just happens to notice packages at random addresses.

This incident was premeditated and planned

It doesn’t feel over the top to me at all. MOO
And the charge is not stealing...the charge is trespassing. what part of it was premeditated and planned on her part. Planned perhaps as "she planned to go over and get the package after being asked to." I guess that is planning. I'm sure she had no idea she would be doing it that day for a friend.

Shoshona took a package off the porch that wasnt the new owners. These people are so rich that they have a $1.8M (rounded up) house that they dont even live in and they're worried about a package that isn't even theirs, arresting a harmless disabled woman, just seems petty.
Do you know that she is harmless? Considering the recent history of that house I would be extra aware of the security, whether I was residing in at the time or not.

I would definitely press charges.

Supreme Court of the United States is that soliciting from door-to-door is an expression of the Right to Free Speech.
There are no absolute rights in the Constitution. Here, rights are in conflict; my right to privacy and control of my property vs. your right to freedom of expression.

Most jurisdictions balance these rights by allowing homeowners who want to be left alone to warn solicitors and canvassers that they do not have permission to come on the property.

In almost any part of the United States, those who come on your property against your express instructions (verbal or written) are guilty of trespass and are in violation of the law. That's what SD is learning, the hard way.

SD did not have a Constitutional right to come on Edith's property for any purpose in the face of clearly posted no trespassing signs.

In addition, it seems to me that Edith's complaint will give law enforcement an opportunity to investigate whether something serious is going on. If BM was using his former residence as a mail drop to obtain a weapon or other contraband, the any right minded citizen should be glad to assist in putting him back in jail.

But you said were not allowed to solicit with no trespassing signs, I never said she was soliciting.
You were referring the USSC speaking of soliciting.
Actually she was stealing. That’s why the owner will get the restraint order. They don’t need to worry about Barry’s pals coming on their property for ANY reason.

Soliciting definition: Solicitation is the act of offering, or attempting to purchase, goods and/or services

Soliciting does not include trespassing on property in order to pick up a package.

There are no absolute rights in the Constitution. Here, rights are in conflict; my right to privacy and control of my property vs. your right to freedom of expression.

Most jurisdictions balance these rights by allowing homeowners who want to be left alone to warn solicitors and canvassers that they do not have permission to come on the property.

In almost any part of the United States, those who come on your property against your express instructions (verbal or written) are guilty of trespass and are in violation of the law. That's what SD is learning, the hard way.

SD did not have a Constitutional right to come on Edith's property for any purpose in the face of clearly posted no trespassing signs.

In addition, it seems to me that Edith's complaint will give law enforcement an opportunity to investigate whether something serious is going on. If BM was using his former residence as a mail drop to obtain a weapon or other contraband, the any right minded citizen should be glad to assist in putting him back in jail.
Thought the owners name is Emily?

Has anyone noticed that the place that Suzanne's bike was found is approximately 165 miles due east of where the two women were killed in Moab? I also find it interesting that there have been several people that have gone missing or were killed in that area over several decades.

Apologies for dropping this bomb here, but we're all full up on conspiracy theories.

It's really not. Literally thousands of people go missing all across the country every year. You could come up with old wives tales for why based on geography: "the thin air of the high country makes you crazy", Fouke monster, aliens. I think there are just a whole lot more of us and we can communicate ideas to thousands in seconds, and we are a species that makes connections that aren't always the correct ones. We want things to have a reason, this website kind of serves as exhibit A.

I'm not saying there aren't patterns, here's a big one the FBI is still trying to figure out how to manage: Violent Criminal Apprehension Program Part 2 | Federal Bureau of Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23