Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Considering all else we know about him, I have zero doubt in my mind, whatever he buried was illegal.

2. Scootie98

Scootie98 Well-Known Member

Something off the beaten path here. But the relationship between SM and BM is very strange. There is that bit about not talking to each other on cell phones for three months...yet, BM is monitoring SM and SM is monitoring BM (cameras and spy pens). But the thing that is so odd to me is how Suzanne managed to go out of town at least 6 times, alone, in order to see JL...for days at a time; and if you look at the map, they were all over the place....various states. How did that activity not strike BM as suspicious, and then some? We know about the Florida surprise...but that was only one trip....SM took 6 of them. I can't help but think BM is hiding some knowledge here. What reasonable thinking person would not be suspicious, regardless of the condition of the marriage?

Flicka1, TIGER0822, Rolo and 24 others like this.
  3. Ontario Mom

I can only speculate that Suzanne took advantage of the times Barry was also away (business, hunting, being a creep, whatever) to also plan her trips away to see JL. Just a guess.

4. DizzyB

DizzyB Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still have issues with all of it. Some people traveled all of the time prepandemic , so it would not be out of the ordinary. I think Barry did his own thing much of the time, and really did not concern himself with Suzanne’s day to day unless his radar picked up on something. I do wonder exactly how the trips were planned around a teen’s schedule. Did Barry prepare dinner and make sure that a child got on the bus? Pandemic changed a lot of habits and Suzanne was stuck mostly at home, I imagine. I think Barry cared about Barry, period.

Flicka1, TIGER0822, Rolo and 17 others like this.
  5. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Correct ME if I am wrong but I thought the GPS and telematics didn't line up.

Somewhere 18 miles were unaccounted for ....

AND the telematics indicated a left turn signal.

IMO LE probably didn't divulge everything or all at once, but enough that Barry felt compelled to blame not just one elk but a whole herd (which by the way are presently over-running Estes Park, as they do annually-- in October, not May) --

And IMO gave the most plausible explanation for that left turn. No, not the elk, the 18 miles. He volunteered he probably turned around at Garfield... not quite 9 miles each way but very, very close.

If not elk, why did he go that way? Note directions, I think the helmet was tossed -- not from the shoulder but the roadway -- on the return from Garfield, almost as an afterthought. In fact, I might submit that he forgot to dispose of it while doing whatever it was he was doing in and around Garfield plus about 3 miles. (1.5, each way, by my calculation).

IMO if he turned left JUST to stage the helmet, he'd have done a 5 point turn right there. Zero traffic. Zero reason to drive another 6+ miles, just to turn. It's not like he was going to get hit.... by an elk.

Do Bobcat Sim cards work in Backhoes?

Among the things Barry might have barried remains a hunting cooler or coolers...

I wonder if there's a true crime podcast incorporating that.

JMO

6. 155etta

155etta Well-Known Member

Maybe he was happy to have her out of town as he had a little something planned with someone himself? MOO.

Flicka1, TIGER0822, Rolo and 29 others like this.
  7. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

I’m just gonna throw this out there. Since SD has Covid (what timing:rolleyes:), wondering if E&N are banking on/will suggest at today’s hearing that BM won’t be able to go live with SD in Salida NEAR the COURTHOUSE, where he’s paying rent and where the DA suggested he live, so as to not expose him to the virus. Gotta keep BM healthy dont’cha know.

Soooo, hypothetical E&N argument- since poor ‘ole BM has nowhere else to go i.e., can’t go live with other friend/s in PP area either for obvious reasons, E&N will suggest/ask the Judge, among other things (possibly for BM to get his truck back, etc), that BM be allowed to live in Gunnison with his daughters. You know, out of Chaffee County (where everyone is against him), to Gunnison where he can be with his daughters and better reception for his ankle monitor. Anyhoo, *IF* E&N request at today’s hearing, anyone think the Judge will make concession and allow BM to live in Gunnison?

ETA - IF E&N requests, personally, I hope the Judge doesn’t concede and allow BM to go live in Gunnison, not even temporarily until SD “recovers” (if suggested).

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    TIGER0822, Rolo, ar3593 and 27 others like this.
  8. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Just watched SD hearing via WebEx. She appeared in person. Her lawyer was by phone. He said the name of his firm , 3 last names. Judge Murphy asked if one of the names was first name Sean, lawyer said yes. Judge said he’s known S since 6th grade so if this goes to trial, he could not preside.
    He is sending to County Court.
    This was supposed to be an appearance of counsel hearing. SD lawyer said their request to also do arraignment today was denied. Judge said no it wasn’t, did she want to enter not guilty plea. Lawyer said no.
    Back in court November 16
    Prosecution said they are waiting to hear back from victim.
    This is on the trespassing charge.
    I saw that A.Franco, J.Leary and S.Stelle were dialed in,
    Also a YouTube creator that rhymes with Sunder.
    Haven’t seen any tweets yet.

EBM removed the SS .

Chelly, TIGER0822, Hap and 51 others like this.
  9. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I'll be very surprised if the Court allows BM to live outside the county.

TIGER0822, Woodberry, ar3593 and 22 others like this.
  10. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Did BM know where she was each time? She could have said she was visiting her dad each time. The airplane ticket charge on their account wouldn't say. the destination. BM must feel stupid right now, if he didn't know.

Presumably, Suzanne just got a daughter to drive her to the airport and took off. She could also say she was visiting her old hometown, an old friend. That would put her within driving distance of JL.

I don't think it's impossible, at all, for Suzanne to have hidden her actual destinations from Barry. I do think that in marriages where someone is having any type of affair (emotional or physical), the other partner usually has a vague sense of something being off (especially in the bedroom). But BM might have told himself it was due to her cancer treatment and the meds she was taking. He does seem to have realized she was "distant."

I wish we knew whether the two of them were fighting over various things, when the kids weren't around (MM2 seems to say so). Suzanne could have used fights as an opportunity to "go to a hotel" (and then gone anywhere). Since I believe BM was very much into...approaching...other women, he would have seen that as a bachelor's holiday.

TIGER0822, Woodberry, Rolo and 19 others like this.
  11. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

Niner, you are amazing!

Thank you:)

IHAVENOCLUE, TIGER0822, Hap and 20 others like this.
  12. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

Interesting new observation about BM, he seems to like to bury inconvenient things.

I am leaning more towards SM being buried or least underground.

JMO

TIGER0822, Woodberry, ar3593 and 29 others like this.
  13. NoSocks

NoSocks Well-Known Member

Maybe the zipper in his Camouflaged pants was broken and needed fixing?

303gmf, al66pine, mom2chloe and 5 others like this.
  14. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

I agree. Suzanne was just a possession. She might as well have been his favorite chair. Sit still. Look beautiful and be there for me for sex on demand, while I’m out with my buddies or girlfriends for days at a time.
    She must have been so lonely.

TIGER0822, Hap, Rolo and 17 others like this.
  15. Murphy1950

Murphy1950 Well-Known Member

RSBM Gosh, this drama has gone on so long, and we have a year yet to trial, I could have it wrong but to me it seems like Barry was very aware of her trips and where she went.
    Page 67 AA

SA Grusing told Barry that Agents brought a notebook with evidence they would like to share with him. Barry replied, "Could you answer me some questions first? Was she with him in New Orleans?" SA Grusing said she was. Barry asked, "And was she with him in Florida?" SA Grusing said she was. After a pause, Barry asked, "And Indiana?" SA Grusing said she was. Barry asked, "And how long has this......"

Could be my warped perception I have nothing against hunters but Barry's idea of "hunting" is interchangeable with "stalking" it's all the same to him IMO. And she was his trophy.

Also if I remember correctly it was Barry who brought up she was gone two Valentines days in a row. Which leads me to, when did she write the card he so infamously pulled out for Lauren? Doubt it was 2020 or 2019. And was there any related significance of his picture with SD at the hotel on Valentines 2021? (IDK seemed contrived for a photo op) but a lot of theirs did over the years IMO.

TIGER0822, Woodberry, Rolo and 24 others like this.
  16. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

I think he knew when she was gone, but I do not believe he knew she was having an affair...or he suspected she was having an affair but did not know with whom. Regardless...I don't think the prosecution will have any trouble proving the marriage was in trouble and they certainly don't need every single thing to get that accomplished and I doubt they will use every single little thing that is known. Even the judge encouraged them to move along in the preliminary in establishing that fact. The case is not about a failed marriage it is about proving Barry murdered his wife. If they want to suggest a motive to the jury they still don't need every single thing to establish this.

TIGER0822, Rolo, Kemug and 5 others like this.
  17. Ontario Mom

Don't faint but, I agree with you. :cool:

I think if Barry knew for sure Suzanne was having an affair, that would have been the first accusation out of his mouth when she went "missing", instead of the bobcat idiocy. Further, I think if Barry knew who JL was it may have been JL that disappeared, instead of Suzanne.

jmo

18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I messaged Ashley just now, but she hasn't responded yet. This hearing either begins in 2 minutes, or 2 hours.

TIGER0822, Woodberry, Rolo and 31 others like this.
  19. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

Do we know if anyone is at the courthouse this afternoon...I am hearing that the hearing will not be available on WebX.

TIGER0822 and al66pine like this.
  20. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

I am currently in on WebEx. No idea if I'll get kicked. :eek:

(Lauren and 2 of Suzanne's brothers are there, too, so I'm assuming this is starting soon?)

TIGER0822, Woodberry, Rolo and 32 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.