Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boblo61

boblo61 Well-Known Member

Whose house?

Flicka1, Brubon and steeltowngirl like this.

2. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

A Thoughtful Wife Murderer?
    @Megnut From your link from 1986:
    "Bradford Edwards was convicted Saturday of charges that he shot his wife in the back of the head, then wrapped her body in a comforter and buried her under a concrete slab in the couple's Fort Lauderdale garage." bbm ubm

What a considerate guy! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Sorry, my sarc. cells acted up. Could not help myself, had to post.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  3. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

Flicka1, NWLady, IHAVENOCLUE and 19 others like this.
  4. DellaC

DellaC Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be interesting to know what insurance policies the Morphews did have?

Flicka1, NWLady, IHAVENOCLUE and 16 others like this.
  5. TIGER0822

TIGER0822 Well-Known Member

The defense play on words and indirect implications e.g. Ritter are not ‘afraid’ of BM and the implication that the ‘dirty prosecutor’ told people to be scared of BM, are easily seen through and they make a mockery of the court. Their overly aggressive tactics will come back to bite them.

6. notbornyesterday

notbornyesterday Well-Known Member

I wonder if Barry did her landscaping with those signature boulders sitting there in the middle of the yard. You would think if your honey is a landscaper then your yard would look better than that.

Alcina, NWLady, TIGER0822 and 15 others like this.
  7. 6milegirl

6milegirl New Member

OK so here’s my question… Has anyone besides me wondered if Barry has an accomplice?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  8. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

Let's hope the jury can see through it.

I did a little jury pool research on Chaffee Co., US Census data style. It's going to be a true jury of his peers. Mostly white, middle aged, blue-collar, construction guys. Seriously, one of the rare counties in the lower 48 where the men outnumber the women.

9. Janeumayer

Janeumayer Well-Known Member

I have a theory on the helmet. I think BM didn’t stage it. I think it somehow fell off his truck.
    Which brings me to BM looking through the trash can at Poncha Market. I think he was hoping to find it there.
    His note shows what he was looking for and it clearly wasn’t Suzanne.
    P.S. Can you see the font size difference between Baby Blue Bike Helmet and Biking Clothing? Biking Clothing is way smaller. Almost like an afterthought.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

From a professional perspective, I can't imagine anything worse than going from El Paso County's 4th Judicial District to the conglomerate of Chaffee, Custer, Fremont, and Park Counties making up the 11th Judicial District.

Lindsey spent 16 years in the 4th District before losing his job in an administration change and I doubt anybody's first choice (let alone a Sr DA) would be the 11th District!

Clearly, a Sr Deputy DA position came open in Pueblo County in Sept -- very comparable to his former job in Co Spgs, so why wouldn't Lindsey apply for that position? This is not private practice but a state, civil servant position so I don't understand the controversy here.

I also doubt Lindsey's family relocated with him to the land of no cellular service, etc. and he can actually commute from his Co Springs family home to Pueblo. I think this was the best move for both Lindsey and his family, and I wish him every success. MOO

ETA: Linsdey spent 4 years (2000-2004) in Pueblo County before joining El Paso County Judicial District.

Alcina, CalmSeas, MerBeach and 31 others like this.
  11. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Also: I wonder if the stone was upgraded?

As they probably were not affluent when marrying but made money, I bet the ring was upgraded, and maybe, they renewed the wows. Things didn't get bad overnight.

Upgrading is often done via the initial vendor. So if Barry bought the first ring somewhere locally, he likely, upgraded it via the same person.

Also, Suzanne might have told about the ring to her best friend. Rings are noticeable.

And yes, one often insures the jewelry with the house.

IHAVENOCLUE, Kemug, sassyblue and 7 others like this.
  12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

I know it doesn't make sense to us (people who follow true crime), but I am convinced he did stage it.

His truck and phone data shows that he almost certainly planted the bike in those early morning hours, just before he left for Broomfield.

Barry ultimately admitted to Grusing that he turned left instead of right, which is precisely where the helmet was found.

As Suzanne's body was very likely dumped during a six hour period house before, planting the helmet is really all he could have been doing.

Barry is an idiot, plain and simple. He was likely trying to stage a scenario where Suzanne was kidnapped, and the abductor threw her helmet out of the vehicle while he was transporting her away.

It's illogical, improbable, and laughable; still, that's what this genius decided to do.

We all know that's not how these things go down, but that's Barry for you.

Leader6518, Alcina, CalmSeas and 46 others like this.
  13. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

In the exact opposite direction from Broomfield. Because you know ... we're stupid. Not smart like Barry.

14. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

How do you know it’s free?
    I haven’t seen the deal the Cushman’s and BM worked out yet, let us know if you find any information.
    Isn’t he paying $2k a month for SD’s rental?
    Seems odd to me

15. 303gmf

303gmf Well-Known Member

16. Pink2017

Pink2017 Well-Known Member

Yes, she’s there and we need to move boulders.

Rolo, marylamby, dlk1949 and 10 others like this.
  17. Pink2017

I firmly believe BM & SD had a relationship prior to SM disappearance. I may have missed previous information that suggest otherwise, my apologies. SD has been in the picture for more than a while….IMO.

18. Pink2017

I’d venture to say he’s staying close to watch as well. It’s so strange to know he’s close to the scene. SD being manipulated already…she’ll be found in that property again. Guaranteed!

Rolo, marylamby, sassyblue and 13 others like this.
  19. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Did he meet her online first? Let’s not forget those hot Salida girls BM was searching for. :cool:

Alcina, PaulaDC, IHAVENOCLUE and 30 others like this.
  20. OldCop

OldCop Verified Law Enforcement (retired)

Exactly, and if the “abductor” had turned left after taking SM from the PP/Fooses Dam area, he would not have thrown the helmet clear across HWY 50 while making his escape in broad daylight. That is a busy road.
    However, if one traveled up towards Monarch Pass and turned around at Garfield in the middle of the night when there was little traffic, it would be easy to pull over for a second and toss that helmet off to the south side of 50 without being seen.
    Also, the defense attorneys made a big show of the fact that no tire tracks from BM’s vehicle were found near where the helmet was found. A close up of that pull off off shows tire tracks that indicate it was a well used pull off. The helmet wasn’t found until Thursday. No telling how many people pulled off there between Sunday and Thursday obliterating previous tread marks.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.