Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

Wait! What? Welp. Did the Defense just say it would look dirty if Barry were living with SD?

What if SD lives with Barry?

How many slumber parties = dirty?

I wonder if the bonus spy traffic cam is still in place.

Will anybody have eyes on Barry?

Judge, we need more time to prepare our case. There's too much evidence against our client.

JMO

2. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

Well it sure looks suspicious he took SD to a hotel on Valentine's Day 2021 weekend.

If it walks like a duck......

JMO

3. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

[​IMG]
    Ashley Franco@AshleyKKTV

We're talking about discovery now. The defense says there are over one million files for discovery and there are months and months for them to go to get through everything.
    @KKTV11News
    #BarryMorphew

3:14 PM · Oct 13, 2021

Now onto the motion to return #BarryMorphew truck and driver's license.
    @KKTV11News

3:20 PM · Oct 13, 2021

The prosecution has no problem with that. They need identification that #BarryMorphew is the rightful owner of the truck and they will get the license back to him as well.
    @KKTV11News

3:21 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

Judge sets a motions hearing for January 24th and 25th and will leave February 8th open for a hearing if they do not finish on those two allotted days. #BarryMorphew
    @KKTV11News

3:34 PM · Oct 13, 2021

These dates for the motions hearing are about to change. Dru Nielsen, who is not in person today, says she is not available on those dates, so standby for new ones.
    @KKTV11News
    #BarryMorphew

3:43 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

Right now there's not a lot happening. They're discussing when both parties will need to have witness lists in and other filings before the trial.
    @KKTV11News
    #BarryMorphew

3:49 PM · Oct 13, 2021·

4. fcavanaugh

fcavanaugh Well-Known Member

So BM will be getting his license and truck back, says he doesn’t want to live in Salida as he feels unsafe there:rolleyes:because too many people know him now, is getting a “cell booster” and can stay living at the Cushman’s in Maysville, has to travel to PS once per day to upload data/register a signal on his ankle monitor, and appears the state is comfortable staying with the same GPS monitoring company which employs someone that has a “social relationship” with one of the Morphew daughters. Alrighty then.

UGH.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
    #BringSuzanneHome
    #JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  5. Momofthreeboys

Momofthreeboys Well-Known Member

It has occurred to me that it is not beneficial to keep attempting to draw SD into this case. It plays to the defense: a woman who is a stalker, who publicly claims she resembled Suzanne, who conveniently is immersed now in Barry’s life. Wowser that is probable cause staring people right in the face. I don’t want to see prosecution damage themselves anymore but IMO they need to get out of the SD narrative as I do not think it helps them.

Flicka1, TIGER0822, Kemug and 5 others like this.
  6. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Kindness Matters

He didn't have a driver's license or truck? Didn't oldest daughter drive him home in his truck on his bond out release?

7. Hazelnutty

Flicka1, steeltowngirl, Rolo and 15 others like this.
  8. Megnut

Megnut Well-Known Member

May I take a moment for a reality check?

Barry is awaiting trial for murdering his wife. Barry is presently free on a $500,000 cash bond, monitored loosely with an ankle monitor, but free to live where he is.

Suzanne wanted out. She wanted her inheritance, a sum we commonly referred to as $500,000 (but was slightly less, and a combination of two inheritance), but roughly the same amount that Barry seemed unwilling to return, to give her freedom, but is happily posting it for his freedom.

Barry could have spared the cost of high priced defense attorneys, he could be enjoying full freedom, beyond just Chaffee County.... if he'd simply gotten divorced.

Suzanne should be alive.

My heart hurts.

JMO

9. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1448425761438830594?s=21
    The judge says on the matter of suppressing documents he believes nothing, in this case, needs to be hidden from the public. @KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1448426393658855424?s=21
    The judge advises both sides to re-look at documents and if they need them to be suppressed to make note of that and they will need to file a motion for those. But, judge says he doesn't think that will be an issue because we haven't had an issue thus far. #BarryMorphew

10. Hazelnutty

Shouldn't he be--- at the least--reprimanded for driving with no license?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  11. Seattle1

The firm contacted the court when BM took to a residence in Maysville where there is no service. The company tracking the GPS don't have concerns and can pick him up as soon as he gets in service (i.e., enters Poncha Springs or Salida).

12. Puzzles8

Puzzles8 Exonerated Mountain Lion

But yet Barry still seems to continue to associate with her.

If BM indeed saw her as a stalker, I would think he would "Nip it in the Bud" to quote Barney Fife.

IMO, he would logically distance himself if he (or his lawyers) thought her presence created a possible motive for the prosecution.

I've never accused BM of being too smart.

JMO

13. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't think he is technically under 'house arrest.' If he was he would have to be somewhere that the GPS was working 24/7. I guess it is just about him staying within the County---so he cannot flee. JMO

14. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Good. The lack of documents being uploaded is very frustrating.

15. Momofthreeboys

I assumed perhaps they meant the truck license. I guess I don’t know why they would have his drivers license.

16. Momofthreeboys

Yes. He was never under “house arrest” I think perhaps that was confusing because of the monitor issues.

17. Seattle1

I have no doubt that if BM was apprehended by LE he probably would have been cited for driving without possession of his DL but that is not what happened. Allegations of BM driving since his release were just that --allegations told to Reporter LS.

Flicka1, TIGER0822, Rolo and 11 others like this.
  18. katydid23

Does he still have his passport? I assumed he had to give it up when he was released on bond as a murder defendant. I hope so anyway.

19. katydid23

If he has to check in every day at Poncha Springs, they have to give him his license back. Pretty hard to expect him to do so otherwise.

20. Seattle1

No passport.

As part of his bond, Murphey ordered Morphew to not travel outside Chaffee County without the court's permission, to surrender his passport and to wear an ankle monitor. Conditions were later modified by the court to allow Morphew to travel outside the county to meet with his attorneys or to service or maintain his GPS unit.

However, Salida-based Intervention Inc., which is tasked with monitoring the GPS system, wrote in a court filing on Sept. 21 that they're "unable to pick up a GPS or cell signal" in the area of Morphew's home.

Due to that lack of communication, the company said they cannot provide the court with any "battery or tamper alert information" when Morphew is at or near his home.

The motion asked the court for "further direction" on the "continued GPS monitoring requirements."

Barry Mophew case: GPS signal can't be picked up from his home | 9news.com Oct 7, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.