Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82
Thread #83
Thread #84

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Mod Reminder - Plunder Court Transcript Episodes

The Transcripts from the Preliminary Hearing being shared by Plunder have been approved. This approval only applies to the Plunder episodes specific to the court transcripts. The transcripts shared across the episodes may not be copied and posted in entirety to WS as a single document or post replicating the documents that the content creator purchased.

ADMIN REMINDER:

By Websleuths standards the Morphew daughters are victims. Posts trashing them or demeaning them will be removed and members who post in that regard are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Read The Rules (TOS) and post accordingly.

Thanks.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

So Barry has a hearing tomorrow, in which his bond conditions and a few other issues are expected to be discussed.

I have it on excellent authority that the hearing will NOT be broadcast on WebEx, but there will be limited seating in the courtroom.

269BB7AF-7ACB-44DF-AC85-4644FF40C14F.jpeg

Here is the Profiling Evil link for the info re coronoa virus and SD re @DeDee's post

The podcast is from yesterday 10/11/2021 and he is weighing in on a few cases
The info about the Morphew case starts around 5:42
He does not cite a source or how he came to know SD has the corona virus and says her case will be heard a few weeks down the road. Just curious if anyone has seen SD and covid confirmed in a post by Lauren or anyone else ?

He also indicates that SD was arrested for trespassing and theft after the new owner of BM's house on Puma Path saw SD on camera"skulking" around ( looked like she had been jogging in plain site up the driveway to me) and then taking a package.

The "skulking" verbage is probably just an attempt to add drama to his podcast but I think he is error about the theft charge - did anybody see a theft charge on her AA ?

Thank you! I didn't recall Mike stating that SD was also charged with theft. One strike.

However, Mike was in Poland when he filmed this segment which leads me to think someone on his team wrote the script and he recited it. I looked under his video at the time I viewed it to see if there was a link to the data he was imparting and there was nothing but hashtags.

I can't find one mention of this hearing being delayed anywhere on the www. Is it on the court's roster as being delayed?

One of you were recently followed by Carol on Twitter. Can you tweet her or Lauren the question for verification purposes? We may have gotten a bit excited over a big fat nothing!
JMHOO

Ashley Franco just told me that they'd be there, so we'll have coverage tomorrow from at least one outlet. That was my biggest concern with no WebEx.

She says she'll be live Tweeting.

I asked for clarity on the time, as I heard 130 but the docket says 330. She said she wasn't sure herself, but she was going to get there early if she didn't hear from the communications guy at the court.

We're covered.

I think we need to think hard about what Suzanne was doing, thinking, wearing, anticipating from 2:11 to 2:47.

I struggle to keep straight where Barry was and where Suzanne may have believed him to be for those minutes...

I don't think they ever shared any soup that day.

I think Suzanne may have ignored messages and calls from Barry, but I think it's more likely she was preoccupied... or using a separate device, maybe so she could charge her phone. (I think the fact that her cable is also missing suggests mightily that her phone and cable were together.)

Suzanne WAS sunning. LE knows the timestamp both of when the photo was taken and when sent, whether in succession or delayed.

Believing she was alone (and Barry was at work? Certainly not dead turkey hunting or death row chipmunk hunting in the backyard), I believe Suzanne moved indoors. Wrapped in a brown towel. Leaving her phone in the kitchen to charge (in anticipation of an afternoon bike ride). Relocated to the bedroom, locking the door for privacy, to spend time playing adult show-and-tell with JL.... Or if my data points are off, she went inside afterwards but same effect. When was the "I'm on wa [what's app]" message happen?

Inside, while Barry was changing the blade on his Bobcat (whyyyyyyyyy did he do it THAT DAY), I think Suzaane changed out of her bikini and hung it up and changed into her biking clothes in order to go biking.

When Barry got home at 2:43, he barreled out of his truck, left the door open. He may have filled the dart and loaded it into his. 22 or a soon-to-be-dumpstered one, pocketing the unchambered round and syringe/sheath cap.

Then moved in a pattern to the patio where Suzanne HAD been sunbathing. Not finding her there, I think he ninja'd to the second patio, not finding her there either. Now peering through windows. 3 minutes. 180 seconds of raw purpose, not coincidentally THE ONLY THREE MINUTES Barry EVER searched for his wife.

Driveway, breezeway, yard, patio #1, patio #2, window, window, window, then inside. Bet it DID look like he was morphing between walls. Morphewing. Until he DID go through a wall, namely the door to the bedroom, shoulder first....

I want to know ... when did Suzanne bike last. When was her bike last mounted on her RR? Barry said be took it down for her "because she asked him to" (doubt it). If Suzanne went for short bike rides nearly daily, why would she want her bike garaged? Did she ride on Thursday (before or after Scot looked at it)? Did she ride on Friday? Was it on the RR when she went to the neighbors' for coffee? Or did Barry actually and legitimately remove it Friday night, for the pizza run?

Did Suzanne routinely store her camelback in the RR? When did she clean it? When did she fill it?

Suzanne's wadded bike shorts and gloves bother me. Suzanne, I believe hung up her swimsuit because that's how she does things. So.... her bike shorts were either from a previous ride (before 5/9) and she just stepped over them TO HANG UP A BIKINI or IMO she was wearing them when Barry got home....

And HE removed them. Forcibly.

(LMy suppositions: Suzanne hangs up her clothes. Including things she's recently worn. Suzanne and JL were done bumping screens. Suzanne thought she had the rest of her day and life ahead of her. Suzanne may have been gearing up for her daily ride. Suzanne may have started a load of laundry (M2's sheets) (unless Barry had help from, say a cleaning lady... one who might even have been able to write a compelling to-do list, not in Suzanne's perfect penmanship, as attested by the love notes Barry shared, but in a convincing feminine hand, same as the odd rolladex of names and numbers found in Suzanne's helmet).

Anyway, if Suzanne did laundry (the sheets), why didn't she throw in her bike shorts? And if she'd worn them, but not long enough to warrant washing (like her bikini), wouldn't she have hung them up (like her bikini?)

(We have not learned when the house cameras were disabled.... we only know that LE believes Barry disabled/removed his trail cameras during his alleged soup eating time.) Possibly Barry disabled the camera at 2:43... but whichever time, I think he may have touched those cables with something of Suzanne's, in particular something she shared with her daughter, transferring their DNA to the cables and to the syringe cap, using the same article to handle the dart.

(Alternately Suzanne was READY to go biking, reconsidered. And changed out of her bike gear in favor of the bikini. And later, into the white shorts and white string shirt. Because those must be missing. Barry seems unclear about the lump -- his word, not mine -- and what the lump was wearing. Nothing. Something. Biking clothes. White shorts, white string top. The truth is there in the details somewhere!)

Keep whispering, Suzanne. We all want to find you --

The mountains don't always give up their secrets but Suzanne, she wanted transparency.... may it all become clear....

JMO
1000 likes!

Thanks for the context/source. Of course I remembered reading it after you posted but forgot where I'd read it.

That's just so dang weird.
I mean, who the heck buries furniture and plants flipping alfalfa on top of it?
NO one, that's who.

I wonder if LE has dug up that buried treasure to see what he really buried in IN?
If that happens, that LE digs up the furniture grave - I would be sooooo stinking happy!
Who knows what he disposed of from his exploits.

I can't imagine Suzanne would not have had a Fitbit, Garmin or some other exercise-tracking device.

She may even have had a "road id" (see below) with her name, address, phone number and medical information as well, in addition to the information tucked inside her helmet.

All the more items for Barry to dispose of. Let's hope he slipped up and didn't get rid of everything.

JMVHO.

ROAD iD - World Leaders in Runner ID, Cycling ID & Medical ID

I'll shorten this up a bit...

Wednesday, October 13th:
*Hearing (Murder)-Virtual (@ 3:30pm MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53/now 53-will be 54 in 4 days) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence public servants. And additional charges (5/18/21) with tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. Plead not guilty. $500K Cash only bond. Bonded out on 9/20/21.
Trial set to begin on 5/3/22 (thru 6/1/22).
*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond.

Missing info, Barry’s PP loan & court info from 5/10/21 thru 8/9/21 to 8/24/21 & 9/17/21 (Prelim day 1 to 5) & info on his voter fraud from 5/13/21 to 5/27/21 reference post #478 here:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #78 *ARREST*

9/17/21 Update: Preliminary hearing Day 5: Morphew entered the courtroom. He is wearing a light grey suit & cowboy boots again. He walked in with a folder with papers. He is wearing a blue medical mask. Judge Patrick Murphy is now in the courtroom. He apologized for the delay because of the extra security screening. Same rules apply like the preliminary hearing. Sean Connelly is a new attorney for the defense & Dan Edwards is a new attorney on the State side. Judge Patrick Murphy is limiting the arguments to 20 minutes for each side. Then he will make a decision. A motion was filed yesterday by the defense. The judge hopes to conclude this hearing by 5p.m. because he also wants to rule on releasing the arrest affidavit. Attorney Edwards has taken the stand talking about Probable Cause. He will take 10 minutes & then Deputy District Attorney Jeff Lindsay will take the other 10 minutes.
for more info see post #740 here:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*
Attorney Edwards:
for more info see posts # 752, 753, 755, 759 & 760 here:
Attorney Edwards & Dep. DA Lindsay:
for more info see posts #762, 764, 774 thru 776 here:
Dep. DA Lindsay:
for more info see posts #787 to 791, 794, 795 & 797 here:
Dep. DA Lindsay:
for more info see posts #802, 805, 808, 810 & 811 here:
Defense attorney Sean Connelly:
for more info see posts #813 here:
for more info see posts #823, 826, 828, 830, 833 & 838 here:
for more info see posts #844, 851 & 858 here:
Defense & prosecutor:
for more info see posts #865, 873 & 874 here:
Defense & Judge:
for more info see posts #882, 885, 895 & 898 here:
Judge Patrick Murphy has found probably cause and reminds the court "this is not a mini-trial."
for more info see posts #902, 904 & 911 here:
The judge finds that Barry Morphew may have two motivations: That Suzanne Morphew was having an affair and that she wanted a divorce.
Judge -
for more info see posts #945, 950 & 952 here:
Judge -
for more info see posts #966, 967, 971 & 974 here:
Judge -
for more info see posts #983, 987, 992 & 993 here:
Judge -
for more info see posts #1008, 1010, 1013 & 1019 here:
Judge -
for more info see posts 1029 & 1037 here:
Judge -
for more info see posts #1045, 1047, 1053 & 1055 here:
The Judge finds that the evidence is NOT strong enough against Barry to hold him without bond as he awaits trial. Judge has decided to grant Morphew bail. As the judge is discussing possible bail for Barry Morphew: "Is it possible Mr. Morphew would be convicted? Yes. Is it fairly likely he would be convicted? ... This case could go either way in front of a jury." Judge says there are 3 scenarios: 1. Morphew could have murdered her. 2. Someone else took Suzanne & killed her. 3. Suzanne left on her own. Judge says there is evidence for 1 & possibly 2. He says 3 is highly unlikely.
State asks for a $10M cash only bond. The state believes Morphew doesn't have ties to the community anymore in Colorado. Fears for witnesses' safety. Also, believe he has $3 million since the sale of the home & business. The prosecution is now saying that Barry has received books in jail about how to live off the land, that he’s spent time in Mexico, and they think he’s a “significant danger to flee.” Morphew is a significant danger to flee, according to Deputy D.A. He must surrender all guns. They also want LE to be able to monitor Morphew's whereabouts. Judge asked if he had a criminal history: In Indiana involving assault case.
Defense & Judge on bail:
for more info see posts 1262, 1272 & 1277 here:
The defense is asking for a $50,000 cash bond.
for more info see posts #1282, 1289 & 1293 here:
Judge settles on $500k cash only. No weapons. No Contact: Moorman family, Brad Oswald, Holly Wilson, Sheila Oliver, Cassidy Cordova, Morgan Gentile, Gene & Martine Ritter (Protection orders). No written contact, no electric contact (email, text), you can't ask someone to contact them. You could be charged with a class-1 misdemeanor. EDIT: Jeff Libler family as well. Passport handed over. Can't reside anywhere but Chaffee County. Must appear at all hearing & must wear an ankle monitor (this is not GPS but will alert court if he leaves the county). The Bond can't be posted until Noon on Monday because there is no private probation here today.
Now to the affidavit: Dru Nielsen said that the AA reads like a tabloid. They wrote this affidavit to try this case in the media & try & taint a jury pool. They don't want the AA to be released. The judge ruled that the arrest affidavit will be unsealed & posted on the Colorado Court’s website. The court has redacted information from the arrest affidavit. "I am not going to redact the affidavit further," Judge Murphy said. "The meat of this case has been disclosed. The Arrest Affidavit will be released online under cases of interest." The #Affidavit for Morphew will be posted by NOON on MONDAY.
The defense wants to set a day for trial now for Morphew case. The state is being asked the length of trial. Deputy D.A. Lindsey says at least 4 weeks. Defense is looking at May of 2022. Trial has been set for May 3 through June 1, 2022. Morphew is entering a NOT GUITLY plea & waives speedy trial.
Iris Eytan is asking for a gag order. Judge is not going to rule on that motion. Motion hearing 11/9/21 @ 1:30pm on discovery violations & contempt for violating the pretrial publicity order.
9/20/21 Update: Morphew bonded out of jail. With the bond comes several stipulations: Morphew will have to wear an ankle monitor, will have to live in & largely remain in Chaffee County, will not be allowed contact with numerous people involved in the case. He will still be permitted contact with his & Suzanne’s two daughters.

10/6/21 Update: Court was advised of the monitoring problem. Prosecutors in Morphew’s murder case asked a judge last month to set stricter terms for his pretrial release from jail because an ankle monitor he is ordered to wear doesn't work in steep terrain west of Monarch Pass where he's been living. But the monitoring system doesn't work in areas where cellular service is spotty, leaving cops in the dark on the location of Morphew, who authorities say has been living in an area with no cellular service since his release. Prosecutors want a judge to order Morphew to move to a place where the monitoring system works. In her filing, Stanley points out that Morphew currently pays rent at a residence in Salida, Colorado, which is near the Chaffee County courthouse, within reach of cellphone towers. Also the prosecution doesn't want him living in that neighborhood, as the Ritters have a no contact order against him. Prosecutors want him to live there so they can keep tabs on his location. Prosecutor Stanley asked Judge Patrick Murphy to reconsider bail in the case, potentially threatening Morphew's freedom ahead of trial unless a compromise can be reached. Hearing for murder charge on 10/13/21. Motions hearing on 11/9/21 for both cases. DA Stanley has filed a motion with the court, requesting BM be prohibited from living in or around Maysville.

We the Chipmunks of the Colorado Zoo, in order to form a more free and just society for chipmunks, do hereby announce our intention of appropriating the property of Puma Path, formerly owned and occupied by one Barry Lee Morphew, for the sole use and enjoyment of every chipmunk resident in said Colorado, notwithstanding their current freedom or otherwise. Further details to be a announced shortly.

Last edited:
Thank you! I didn't recall Mike stating that SD was also charged with theft. One strike.

However, Mike was in Poland when he filmed this segment which leads me to think someone on his team wrote the script and he recited it. I looked under his video at the time I viewed it to see if there was a link to the data he was imparting and there was nothing but hashtags.

I can't find one mention of this hearing being delayed anywhere on the www. Is it on the court's roster as being delayed?

One of you were recently followed by Carol on Twitter. Can you tweet her or Lauren the question for verification purposes? We may have gotten a bit excited over a big fat nothing!
JMHOO

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
If I am reading it correctly - On the court schedule for SD there is still a 9:45 for today - Appearance of Counsel -
I am not sure if that is just her lawyer making an appearance re the trespassing ?
Date Time Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
10/13/21 9:45 AM 1Hr VIRTUAL DARKE, SHOSHONA Appearance of Counsel C82021M351 Chaffee County Division 2
10/18/21 2:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON DARKE, SHOSHONA Permanent Restraining Ord Hrg C82021C55 Chaffee County Division 1

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search
If I am reading it correctly - On the court schedule for SD there is still a 9:45 for today - Appearance of Counsel -
I am not sure if that is just her lawyer making an appearance re the trespassing ?
Date Time Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
10/13/21 9:45 AM 1Hr VIRTUAL DARKE, SHOSHONA Appearance of Counsel C82021M351 Chaffee County Division 2
10/18/21 2:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON DARKE, SHOSHONA Permanent Restraining Ord Hrg C82021C55 Chaffee County Division 1

Just so everyone knows - I won't be keeping track of this case since it has nothing to do with the murder case.

I'm sure I am circling back around to this topic, but what if Barry took the small road that runs parallel to 50, when he took that left turn on his way to Broomfield that morning. Perhaps he took that left just a few meters closer to home, rather than taking a left onto 50.

What is that road? Any locals here that have been back there? Is it publicly accessible or a private road? Has every inch of it been thoroughly searched?

I would imagine it's very dark and desolate back there at 4:30 am.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 14.12.59.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 14.12.59.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
Totally understand.
Thanks for all you do on these cases Niner! You're awesome!

citrouille8.gif

I'm sure I am circling back around to this topic, but what if Barry took the small road that runs parallel to 50, when he took that left turn on his way to Broomfield that morning. Perhaps he took that left just a few meters closer to home, rather than taking a left onto 50.

What is that road? Any locals here that have been back there? Is it publicly accessible or a private road? Has every inch of it been thoroughly searched?

I would imagine it's very dark and desolate back there at 4:30 am.
If I recall his GPS did not show he took a left that morning. When LE questioned him and implied they had him on GPS turning left he told the story of chasing the Elk. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998