Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by Mysti88c, May 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

@jakat, sorry if my post was unclear -- I edited with AA ref. confirming that it was BM that alleged DSi provided the old blade removed from his Bobcat to CBI. Take note that Agent Grusing did not confirm anything to BM.

Also, I believe the dogs were likely alerting on decomposition but in the case of both PP and Longhorn Estates, I don't believe it was human decomp. MOO

2. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

3. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

Thanks for the refresher Seattle1.

4. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

5. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

Thanks Seattle1.

Flicka1, DeDee, Brubon and 3 others like this.
  6. Lyanna

Lyanna Well-Known Member

Watched whilst eating a steak on a single plate maybe? moo

What an awful thought :(

7. windrower

windrower Well-Known Member

I’ve been in the camp that BM acted alone. But in the PH recap Seattle1 provided above in post 139, is the statement:

May 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM, why did Suzanne not reply to JL? BM did not return to Puma Path until 2:43 PM.

So my mind scampered to maybe BM did have an accomplice. Maybe BM arrived at 2:11, using accomplice’s vehicle he parked at an Airbnb, after which SUZANNE is never heard from again. Then the accomplice arrives at Morphew home in BM’s truck, and with his phone, at 2:43, and the clean up and cover up begin.

All IMO. Supposition.

8. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

Shedding 400,000 skin cells per day?
    @Seattle1 Thanks for posting this great news.
    So if I step up the game w full-body exfoliation daily, I
    wonder how long to drop my extra 10 pounds?*:rolleyes::D j/k
    Seriously, we appreciate getting factual scientific info.

* Full disclosure in fine print footnote: Possibly 10 + pounds.

9. jakat

jakat Well-Known Member

AA Page 9 of 129

Regarding Suzanne's white Range Rover on May 19, 2020: "There were personal items, to include Suzanne's driver's license and credit cards, throughout the vehicle. Items from the interior were pulled out by sections or areas and photographically documented on butcher paper. Some of the items collected included a women's jacket and knit cap in the rear, pairs of sunglasses and a key in the glove compartment, a Camelbak 16 and sunglasses in the front passenger seat, spa chemicals on the front passenger floorboard, and a Scot Bicycle Service receipt in the front driver door."

16 Suzanne's Instagram pictures (above) of her bike riding have her blue Camelbak water pack visible, making it unlikely she would take a bike ride without it.

It seems Barry could have taken Suzanne's car to the Spa store and bought hot tub chemicals. I wonder what time he was there. Did he also have the tires changed on her car as she had asked him to do? I wonder where else he wandered off to in her car.

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Lol -- seems those damn epithelial cells are near weightless!

crhedBngr, Flicka1, jakat and 8 others like this.
  11. PaulaDC

PaulaDC Well-Known Member

Exactly what I didn't say. ;)

Flicka1, jakat, marylamby and 8 others like this.
  12. LandManatee

LandManatee Well-Known Member

MOO - FYI
    *Quote colored red by me
    For those interested in this detail, I believe the description stated in the AA on how LE found the Bobcat and trailer can be seen in the helicopter footage video of the Morphew residence by 9News. I don’t know what date this footage was taken but it shows the Bobcat and trailer as described in the AA. The best visual is at the 3:15 min mark if you pause the video.

swedeheart, Flicka1, jakat and 15 others like this.
  13. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

IMO, the dog alerts mentioned in the AA are probably a dead end in this case and didn’t move the investigation forward for LE. Recovered biological evidence would have been a different story. I also still discount entirely any dog alerts from AM’s private search and think LE were good sports with it all. IMO

Flicka1, jakat, Cindizzi and 9 others like this.
  14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^rsbbm

Thanks to @sk716 posting the Arkansas Valley Voice link, it finally hit me:
    Just how many more times do we have to be reminded that Maysville has no signal, and therefore no GPS service?!!

Clearly, it's not like the Bobcat's GPS by VerizonConnect is going to magically outperform the Court monitored devices, right?

No signal means no signal!

Seems to me that we have our answer as to why authorities were not willing to expand on the subject of the Bobcat-- especially given that they probably couldn't provide credible evidence of when the Bobcat is parked at PP -- let alone when located at a more remote, body disposal location. BM switching the SIM would also be irrelevant.

More importantly, I finally get that the single statement in the AA about the Bobcat not being connected to SM's disappearance was not by accident, and there's no need for the state to advertise any weakness (beyond the state's control) that they've already been working a year, trying to overcome. MOO

Reminder from the news link:

Where Morphew is living during the confinement became an issue when the GPS tracking monitor could not confirm his whereabouts in that rural area. On Wednesday, Oct. 13, Judge Patrick Murphy ruled Morphew can continue to live in the home next to his old house off Puma Path in Maysville without a GPS monitoring him. But this is on condition that he go to Poncha Springs to have the information downloaded each day.

More Barry Morphew Trial Drama as Defense Set to Sue Prosecutors - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

15. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

The Bobcats have the VerizonConnect built in, the data is still stored on the SIM even if it's not being uploaded to the cloud, like the anklet.

The FBI took the SIM card out of the Bobcat, but I'm not 100% Barry didn't have time to tamper with it. Can you operate the machine without the SIM? Is it easy enough to access that he could have swapped it out for another one?

Personally, I'm sure he used the Bobcat to get rid of the body, but I don't think anyone will ever be able to prove it.

16. Chingaling

Chingaling Well-Known Member

Gee gad his landscaping skills are atrocious, I'd be so depressed if my yard looked like a quarry.

Rolo, DeDee, TRB and 12 others like this.
  17. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Thanks, @LandManatee for posting the flyover video footage which I think is a better visual of BM's permanent or fixed landscape design, specifically to accommodate the Bobcat and its trailer.

When viewing from Puma Path Road, entering the private driveway leading to the residence, you can see where BM added a pullout to the driveway that sits between landscape rockery and a mound of evergreen trees (privacy shield). Investigators are parked opposite the tree mound.

The partitioned area of the driveway for BM's prized Bobcat and hauler also sits at an elevation, and least accessible to the house and garage (i.e., stream, step-stones, etc.), and not to be confused with what I call a material staging area that's actually beside the garage wall and rock retaining wall.

The staging area is at the same elevation as the house and garage -- easier access to the garage, back entrance, and patio area. In the video, there appears to be what looks like a white tank and ladder on the ground, and perhaps firewood against the garage.

In other videos of the property, I recall once seeing a trailer loaded with mountain rocks parked here. But never the Bobcat, which has a very special place.

MOO

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

True if all you care to record and store are operating hours and locations in Poncha Springs! No signal means no service.

19. LandManatee

LandManatee Well-Known Member

MOO
    I thought I would also provide the visual of the 95ft distance that the AA stated BM reversed the truck to. The image shows an orange line that indicates the distance from where the Bobcat and trailer where found parked and then extends out 95ft towards the garage.

If my Google Earth measurement is accurate, it means BM did seem to block the garage path with his truck when he arrived home on 5/9 at 2:42p as some speculated. He then likely leapt out of the truck, leaving the driver door ajar as stated in the AA.

I had thought he parked directly in front of the garage and zig-zagged around the East wall of the house where the firewood was stacked. But if he initially stopped at the 95ft mark in my image and jumped out, he likely snuck up on SM by going to his left to get to the back of the house.

This will be confirmed once we see his zig-zag pattern during the trial.

It’s just interesting details that I’m analyzing while we wait on the next bit of news in this case.

Attached Files:

TRB, swedeheart, Hazelnutty and 16 others like this.
  20. FromGermany1

FromGermany1 Formerly FromGermany

bbm
    For my understanding: didn't Suzanne know, he was there and did this? Did she think, he was away and not back yet?

Janeumayer, Flicka1, jakat and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.