Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did BM prepare the "grave" on his PP property on Friday, when Suzanne was still alive?
Did Suzanne's fear grow, that he might plan something bad and wanted to get rid of her? Didn't she told someone of her fear? When?

My question, after Suzanne told JL she was on WA, did they have a video chat between 2:11 and 2:43? It's been my assumption but doesn't LE say her last communication with anyone was at 2:11?

Perhaps Suzanne was in the shower receiving calls/texts from no one, her phone charging nearby, brown towel on the floor, when the hunter shoulder-barreled through the bedroom door.

JMO

7 acres, 11+ acres, any acreage adjacent to that.

He's an expert Bobcatter...

Barry a couch, why not barry an auger?

How long would it take, under cover of night, while the home fires are burning (journals) to rake back a peat driveway, dig a very deep hole, barry an auger and a cooler, back fill it, smooth it over, replace the rock, park the Bobcat, step down?

How soon after that would you lay down a whole extra layer of peat rock, tidying up that entire driveway and spare no expense?

Job like that, Bobcat barely moves.

JMO
bbm
Wow! (I'm just today understanding. Took me a long time, I admit. Stupid me.)

MOO
I thought I would also provide the visual of the 95ft distance that the AA stated BM reversed the truck to. The image shows an orange line that indicates the distance from where the Bobcat and trailer where found parked and then extends out 95ft towards the garage.

If my Google Earth measurement is accurate, it means BM did seem to block the garage path with his truck when he arrived home on 5/9 at 2:42p as some speculated. He then likely leapt out of the truck, leaving the driver door ajar as stated in the AA.

I had thought he parked directly in front of the garage and zig-zagged around the East wall of the house where the firewood was stacked. But if he initially stopped at the 95ft mark in my image and jumped out, he likely snuck up on SM by going to his left to get to the back of the house.

This will be confirmed once we see his zig-zag pattern during the trial.

It’s just interesting details that I’m analyzing while we wait on the next bit of news in this case.

Your measurement and starting locations are completely wrong. The accurate GPS coordinates are in the AA. I had made these a few days ago for a similar discussion.

The first two screencaps are from the CBS raw footage located here:
Bobcat=Chairs.jpg
BarrysChipmunkChasept3.jpg
These are from the AA. I cleaned them up and made the pins and times more clearly visible during the "chipmunk" hunt.
BarrysChipmunkChase.jpg BarrysChipmunkChasept2.jpg

Your measurement and starting locations are completely wrong. The accurate GPS coordinates are in the AA. I had made these a few days ago for a similar discussion.

View attachment 320330
View attachment 320329
These are from the AA. I cleaned them up and made the pins and times more clearly visible during the "chipmunk" hunt.
View attachment 320327 View attachment 320328

Quoting myself:

14:44:02 - 14:44:05 Back porch
14:44:06 - 14:44:09 At sunning porch
14:44:10 - 14:44:11 Front porch
14:44:12 - 14:44:23 Garage
14:45:43 - 14:47:43 Master bed room

These locations are based on data from the Chaffee Co assessor.

View attachment 320330
View attachment 320329
View attachment 320327 View attachment 320328

Much better analysis than mine as I am too lazy to comb through the AA. I also obviously missed this discussion. Thanks for posting again to clarify.

^^rsbbm

Thanks to @sk716 posting the Arkansas Valley Voice link, it finally hit me:
Just how many more times do we have to be reminded that Maysville has no signal, and therefore no GPS service?!!

Clearly, it's not like the Bobcat's GPS by VerizonConnect is going to magically outperform the Court monitored devices, right?

No signal means no signal!

Seems to me that we have our answer as to why authorities were not willing to expand on the subject of the Bobcat-- especially given that they probably couldn't provide credible evidence of when the Bobcat is parked at PP -- let alone when located at a more remote, body disposal location. BM switching the SIM would also be irrelevant.

More importantly, I finally get that the single statement in the AA about the Bobcat not being connected to SM's disappearance was not by accident, and there's no need for the state to advertise any weakness (beyond the state's control) that they've already been working a year, trying to overcome. MOO

Reminder from the news link:

Where Morphew is living during the confinement became an issue when the GPS tracking monitor could not confirm his whereabouts in that rural area. On Wednesday, Oct. 13, Judge Patrick Murphy ruled Morphew can continue to live in the home next to his old house off Puma Path in Maysville without a GPS monitoring him. But this is on condition that he go to Poncha Springs to have the information downloaded each day.

More Barry Morphew Trial Drama as Defense Set to Sue Prosecutors - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice
There's a difference between no cell signal and no GPS signal. The cell signal is provided by a connection to cell towers, the GPS signal is broadcast by satellites so it basically just requires a view of the sky. We know that GPS works at PP since the AA is referencing gps location data to track Barry's movements around the house. I assume the problem with the court monitoring device is that it requires a cell connection to upload the recorded GPS data to the monitoring company. Hence the required trips into town. All of the recorded GPS data should be uploaded once he gets to Poncha Springs and the device gets a cell signal.

Assuming that the sim card on the bobcat records the gps location data and doesn't just delete it, then they should have been able to recover it. I don't think they would have said that the bobcat didn't appear to be connected to Suzanne's disappearance if they hadn't been able to recover the gps data for the 9th and 10th.

Would an electricity usage/audit show an upswing if Suzanne showered between 2:11 and 2:47?

Barry's movements indicate to me that she was no longer outside where he expected her to be.

I'd like to see a wall sized poster showing his positions at 2:44 and following
and hers.

He was getting closer and closer.

And she, she was getting closer and closer to dead.

The moment she realized it had to be terrorizing. Her first and last thought IMO, that she wouldn't be able to protect her girls.

JMO

Would an electricity usage/audit show an upswing if Suzanne showered between 2:11 and 2:47?

Barry's movements indicate to me that she was no longer outside where he expected her to be.

and hers.

The moment she realized it had to be terrorizing. Her first and last thought IMO, that she wouldn't be able to protect her girls.

JMO
We know that BM unsuccessfully called SM about 8 times and texted asking if she left, also without reply. I think it's plausible that SM did take a shower and why she did not reply to BM or JL. MOO

and hers.

JMO
When LE questioned BM and told him there was evidence of tranquilizer being used, at first they didn’t tell him where. His excuse was tranquilizing deer in his yard. Then they asked if he ever shot from inside the house because evidence was found IN or AROUND the house. BM imo told on himself by saying he would sometimes shoot from the door leading to the breezeway between garage and laundry room, saying that would explain it. They interviewed 2 Wildlife experts with experience in tranquilizing large animals and both said if a human was the target, the shooter would aim for not bones or internal organs, but large muscle like the buttocks. To me, this lines up with SM laying on her stomach sunbathing. They attached a photo to the AA showing the breezeway area and the deck chairs. JMO

Attachments

• 0CF52509-C38C-411E-9D2F-7E29CAA20153.jpeg
    0CF52509-C38C-411E-9D2F-7E29CAA20153.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 57
My question, after Suzanne told JL she was on WA, did they have a video chat between 2:11 and 2:43? It's been my assumption but doesn't LE say her last communication with anyone was at 2:11?

Perhaps Suzanne was in the shower receiving calls/texts from no one, her phone charging nearby, brown towel on the floor, when the hunter shoulder-barreled through the bedroom door.

JMO
AA Page 17 of 129

Libler confirmed that Suzanne's message at 2:11pm,"I'm on wa", referred to her starting WhatsAp so they could share video with each other. From referencing the LinkedIn messages before and after, Libler does not believe they used WhatsAp that time or later that day.

Guess they didn't use WhatsAp.

There wasn't any more communication after 2:11pm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member