Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
AA Page 17 of 129

Libler confirmed that Suzanne's message at 2:11pm,"I'm on wa", referred to her starting WhatsAp so they could share video with each other. From referencing the LinkedIn messages before and after, Libler does not believe they used WhatsAp that time or later that day.

Guess they didn't use WhatsAp.

There wasn't any more communication after 2:11pm.

Hmmm.

So perhaps Suzanne was aware Barry was returning, so she showered, expecting a civil hike.

Not a dart.

JMO

Most criminals are arguing the trace of their DNA isnt proof.
In this case N&E are arguing it is an alternative theory not sufficiently followed up on, proving tumnel vision.
The DA just needs to get the fact out in a logical way.

I keep thinking this random DNA on the glovebox would mean more if say, her car went missing with her and was later recovered with the mystery DNA on it. If something was stolen from the car that lead to looking for evidence in the car. Just the opposite, her car was in the garage at her house undisturbed. If they printed the handles and looked for DNA anywhere else in or on the car and I assume found none or it would be noted.. then some stranger wasn't just recently in her car when abducting and killing her from her bike ride. The defense can't claim she was riding her bike and disappeared and then also claim the mystery DNA in the glovebox proves that.

If someone was in her car doing ?? and left DNA and was recently, then wouldn't that DNA be on the seat and the handles and somewhere else? I just think it's such smoke and mirrors and it will come back to bite the defense. The likely reason LE didn't follow up is there total lack of any other evidence to suggest the car was involved in whatever happened to Suzanne. If DNA in in/on the glovebox how did it not get anywhere else? Why wasn't something stolen like her purse sitting in the car.. or why wasn't that same DNA on her bike or the helmet? Some other reason to tie that dna to any other thing in the case.. there isn't anything. But, most everything ties Barry to what happened. I think a jury will see right through that.

Pouring large grains of salt on the wound is that SM let her guard down just when BM ramped up his game intended to connive and manipulate SM to believe that he was on board with being civil about their dissolution but he tricked her.

Ouch!!
Did she still trust him that much? SMH.

Hmmm.
So perhaps Suzanne was aware Barry was returning, so she showered, expecting a civil hike.
Not a dart.
JMO

The Prosecutor's closing summarized BM fooling, tricking, SM:

May 8, 2020 & May 9, 2020: Days of civility between Suzanne and BM. BM asked Suzanne to come by his worksite. But don’t be fooled, BM is tricking Suzanne. There was hiking and there was Moonlight Pizza. Suzanne started to embrace her new life without BM. She was not allowed to have male Facebook friends, but on the evening of May 8, 2020 this changed. She sent friend requests to >20 people, including males.

May 9, 2020: 59 communications between BM and Suzanne. BM is talking about moving to Arizona. There is talk about selling Puma Path.

9:33 AM – Suzanne sent a text to BM informing him that 5621 King Gulch Trail in Salida is on the market.

As per Mr. Lindsey, “there was an air of civility to the conversations”

9:50 AM – BM to Suzanne “Want to go hiking”, Suzanne to BM “Where?”

10:48 AM – BM tells Suzanne that he will come home. Suzanne asks BM to get hot tub stuff.

BM was used to “observe and hunt” at Puma Path. At 11:27 AM – 1 PM, BM was removing all wildlife cameras on the property.

2:03 PM – Suzanne forwarded a selfie to JL. This constitutes the last photo that she sent.

2:11 PM – Message from Suzanne to JL “I am on What’s App”. This was Suzanne’s last communication with anyone.

2:43 PM – BM in garage and loading syringes. Puts the cap in the pocket of his shorts. Places his phone in airplane mode.

Judge Murphy questions what distracted SM for 30 mins before BM got home:

May 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM, why did Suzanne not reply to JL? BM did not return to Puma Path until 2:43 PM.

Remember in August 2020 when BM told reporter LS that he had answered all of LE questions and just got one thing wrong?

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

From page 125/129 of the AA:

“ No hike existed that Saturday afternoon in any of Barry’s multiple interviews with CBI until a June interview when he said they hiked to Fooses Lake.

CBI allowed him to assert that a few times until they refuted the hike in his July interview.

Barry was told that he was driving in Salida that afternoon, asking “Tim Backhoe” to purchase a backhoe attachment for his Bobcat. “

Pouring large grains of salt on the wound is that SM let her guard down just when BM ramped up his game intended to connive and manipulate SM to believe that he was on board with being civil about their dissolution but he tricked her.

The Prosecutor's closing summarized BM fooling, tricking, SM:

Judge Murphy questions what distracted SM for 30 mins before BM got home:

IMO she waited for JL to join her on WA and when he didn't, she wrapped herself in her towel and went inside, showered. She may have been dressing when she suddenly "made him a monster"*and things "just blew up"*

Suzanne's fault no less. As if.

JMO

*Barry's own words, P. 75 of the AA

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

I recall that passage from her grievances and wondered if SM was referring to her belief that BM had a spy camera hidden in the bonus room, and was observing her actions -- i.e., writing in her Al-anon journal.

I do think he had cameras and probably said things (let slip) to her that he couldn't have known any other way.

In this case, though, her list is a series of things he did. Accused, wrote, knew--

He must've been utterly exhausting to live with. UnBarrable.

JMO

Does anyone remember Barry's excuse for taking his trail cams down ?

I don’t know that we ever heard more about it other than this one tweet? Was it covered in the AA or @NoSI court notes?

Carol McKinley

@CarolAMcKinley

On Saturday between 11:30 and 1 pm, the last day there's proof Suzanne was alive, Barry removed the game cameras near their home. The tranquilizer cap found in the Morphew dryer is a key piece of evidence, and prosecutors say he had injuries on the outside of his hands.

AA pg 100/129:

SM went so far as to use a covid mask to cover the eyes of one of BM's wall mounts. I believe this photo is the "bonus room." Investigators also found an empty box for a spy camera but not the camera.
Thank you @Seattle1
I've begun rereading the AA today. This time taking notes. I'm sure I let my emotions get the best of me the first time. Not an easy read. :)

Remember in August 2020 when BM told reporter LS that he had answered all of LE questions and just got one thing wrong?

‘People don’t know the truth’: Suzanne Morphew’s husband breaks silence after three months | FOX21 News Colorado

Barry did admit an inconsistency in one timeline he provided to investigators.

“It was only because I didn’t know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,” he said. “I was confused and I just found out my wife was missing, and I was a little bit not in my right mind when they were asking me these questions, but I did the best I could and I answered everything. I never once declined any interview.”

From page 125/129 of the AA:

“ No hike existed that Saturday afternoon in any of Barry’s multiple interviews with CBI until a June interview when he said they hiked to Fooses Lake.

CBI allowed him to assert that a few times until they refuted the hike in his July interview.

Barry was told that he was driving in Salida that afternoon, asking “Tim Backhoe” to purchase a backhoe attachment for his Bobcat. “

Didn’t LS also say in one of her lives that Barry had told her something that she promised him she would not repeat? I think it was the same interview when he asked her if she believed in God. Did she ever say what he made her promise not to tell? (Probably a silly question, since she did promise….)

This is like a game of Trivial Pursuit, BM Edition. :D

Speaking of WhatsApp, I realized recently that WhatsApp itself can be locked with Face ID on iPhone, just like the overall iPhone.

not sure if this has been discussed before, but might Barry have tried to tranquilize her to use her face to get into WhatsApp and learn more about her suspected affair? He had accused her just days before and was going crazy thinking she’s only leaving him because there’s someone else.

maybe she even died on accident.

I don’t know that we ever heard more about it other than this one tweet? Was it covered in the AA or @NoSI court notes?

Carol McKinley

@CarolAMcKinley

On Saturday between 11:30 and 1 pm, the last day there's proof Suzanne was alive, Barry removed the game cameras near their home. The tranquilizer cap found in the Morphew dryer is a key piece of evidence, and prosecutors say he had injuries on the outside of his hands.
I believe BM told investigators he was looking for a turkey shot by his daughter when in fact he was really taking down his game cameras. He also said he had veggie stew with SM at 11:30 AM but I think the audit by Agent Grusing indicated this was also questionable. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn