Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if BM contributed this picture to the community photo gallery?
Monarch River Estates Photo Gallery | Monarch River Estates
@OldCop Thx for pointing this out.
Agreeing w @mom2chloe --- doubting BM would have contributed it.

In MRE photo gallery* I zoomed right past this pic.* Looks like Mama Bobcat to right of picnic table and :)Juvie Bobcat :) on big rock on left side of pic. Maybe a sibling bobcat just to left, partially hidden by Juvie? I'm on a tablet, can't enlarge enough to tell.

O/T. Bobcats leave paw prints on our property, can sometimes spot their tracks in the snow, but I've not seen any 'in person' or on our wildlife cam here. Darn it. I'm envious.

Last edited:
Nah, people will pay for half bobcat kittens. Barry woulda tranq'd them, worked out a little artificial insemination with a siamese mix. What? Like that would be the worst thing he's done to a wild animal.
My mother's cousin had a bobcat on her farm out east. She was a bit nutty but that's not beside the point. I was just a little kid and thought it was just a big cat. I guess it was pretty tame as she also had two horses (one of them, Mrs. Robinson, stepped on my foot!), a goat and a few dogs, not to mention three kids.
Until I went to pet it. Didn't go well.

Last edited:
My mother's cousin had a bobcat on her farm out east. She was a bit nutty but that's not beside the point. I was just a little kid and thought it was just a big cat. I guess it was pretty tame as she also had two horses and a few dogs, not to mention three kids.
Until I went to pet it. Didn't go well.

They look cute, but yeah monstrous things, very sharp claws, fuses about a short at their tails.

They look cute, but yeah monstrous things, very sharp claws, fuses about a short at their tails.
I know! Very furry. You'd think someone would've told me about the kitty. And the tail being so short? I thought that weird too. She or he obviously could've caused me much more damage but the scratches were very surface and were gone in a couple of months. Never made that mistake again!

BM AA, pg 61

Paragraph's 5 and 6

Anyone else think Barry is telling us a little of what happened on Saturday 9th May after he tranquilized her (imo)

'Barry said, "Either one, I don't think it, the way I see it, it was an accident and she ran from somebody to the river"

He continued,"If she got in the river and hit a rock with her head from that, that could've been a possibility, or they could have grabbed her at the river and took her up."

Could have happened, if he raced round the house then into the house, catching her unaware, wrapped in a brown towel following a shower, didn’t need to rush after her once he tranquilized her, she would be disoriented, but could have made it out of the house, ran/stumbled to the river, maybe she did fall in the river and hurt her head, Barry followed her then caught up with her after she stumbled and grabbed her and took her back to the house

just a theory/ jumbled thoughts
"grabbed her at the river and took her up"... up where.... Is he giving us a clue here?

BM AA, pg 61

Paragraph's 5 and 6

Anyone else think Barry is telling us a little of what happened on Saturday 9th May after he tranquilized her (imo)

'Barry said, "Either one, I don't think it, the way I see it, it was an accident and she ran from somebody to the river"

He continued,"If she got in the river and hit a rock with her head from that, that could've been a possibility, or they could have grabbed her at the river and took her up."

Could have happened, if he raced round the house then into the house, catching her unaware, wrapped in a brown towel following a shower, didn’t need to rush after her once he tranquilized her, she would be disoriented, but could have made it out of the house, ran/stumbled to the river, maybe she did fall in the river and hurt her head, Barry followed her then caught up with her after she stumbled and grabbed her and took her back to the house

just a theory/ jumbled thoughts
Must've missed this page. I can see this happening. Definitely a contender to what happened.
Anyone know if her keys were found? We're they in the car like her pocketbook/wallet with her license etc?
I always thought she might've ran to the car but if the keys weren't there she could've tried to run across the creek but then the tranquilizer took total effect? In his sick mind, I guess he left it to God to decide if she'd survive.
Then again, something happened in that bedroom where the sheets were changed and the unused shell was found.
Did he tranq her there or bring her there.
C'mon you geniuses, connect the dots a'reddy! Someone has to. :confused:

Citing daughters and their fear, the gates at MRE were erected after SM disappeared. From the coat and layers -- photo likely late fall early winter 2020.

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

The photo actually provides a very good sample for body language: three men in similar dress, and assuming similar interest in the project, two have a similar stance, and BM is the only one to conceal his left hand, and cross his right leg over his left -- while standing. (I wonder if BM's left-handed)?

Legs Can Reveal the Truth

"...Since their lower extremities are out of the way, liars forget about them and are betrayed..."

Body Language - Leg Posture Reveals Our Mind's Intent

Yep! He's covering his "stones"!

Several different podcasters, that attended the pre-lim, mentioned that Barry's hands were consistently in his pockets when he was standing.

Body language is so interesting (and so very telling)!

Must've missed this page. I can see this happening. Definitely a contender to what happened.
Anyone know if her keys were found? We're they in the car like her pocketbook/wallet with her license etc?
I always thought she might've ran to the car but if the keys weren't there she could've tried to run across the creek but then the tranquilizer took total effect? In his sick mind, I guess he left it to God to decide if she'd survive.
Then again, something happened in that bedroom where the sheets were changed and the unused shell was found.

Interesting.

Might Suzanne have been in the garage when Barry found her? (Maybe she'd showered, left the towel hanging in the bathroom for Barry to use and discard later, had her phone and charger and was about to leave for her regular afternoon bike ride.) She may have tried to run for her life, ultimately getting to the bedroom and locking herself in -- maybe Barry even took a shot that didn't connect --

That would lend more credence to his rapid running through walls if he searched the yard and the house before locating her. I expect he looked in the garage when he first arrived to make sure she hadn't left but maybe she wasn't in the garage at 2:44 but was at 2:46....

Maybe?

JMO

I keep going back and forth whether he knew before the day he killed her or just suspected. I'm seriously torn over when he found out. I am literally in the middle on this.
This goes to which would be the primary trigger for murder....an affair or wanting a divorce? I think it was the latter. While BM's narcism would make the affair seem unbearable....I tend to think he would use it against SM as a form of mental torture...something he could milk indefinitely by shoving it in her face when convenient. He likes to kill....and killing her happiness might bring him satisfaction. Divorce, OTOH, was something he would not control and dictate terms about. That was not acceptable to him.

^^^^^
This!

Deflection is very much a part of the defense argument here IMO, including throwing around words like "fraud on the court." The fact that they got the judge to see the partial match as a potential match in the PE/PG hearing and cite it specifically as a reason the case could go either way has led them to see the judge as credulous, and try even more silly stunts. If anything is worth looking into as a fraud on the court, it is the defense's misrepresentation of this bit of evidence. MOO.
Yes, but the court accepted that misrepresentation....and didn't squash it.

2 different bedrooms. The unspent .22 shell was on the floor next to SM side of the bed in the Master bedroom on the ground floor.
The bed stripped of sheets was in the older daughter’s room upstairs.
JMO

Agree.
All kinds of things are going unchallenged.
I am annoyed by IEs "walking through walls" not being explained.
A running person gets pings further apart. Definitely a person could run through Puma Place house from the back spa to the front less than a second.
Allowing the defense to draw a straight line between those pings, which are points along a path to ask if BM was going through walls, and not answer, "it means he was running fast." Was terrible.
Unprepared.
19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO | Zillow

Last edited:
Agree.
All kinds of things are going unchallenged.
I am annoyed by IEs "walking through walls" not being explained.
A running person gets pings further apart. Definitely a person could run through Puma Place house from the back spa to the front less than a second.
Allowing the defense to draw a straight line between those pings, which are points along a path to ask if BM was going through walls, and not answer, "it means he was running fast." Was terrible.
Unprepared.
19057 Puma Path, Salida, CO | Zillow
In retrospect all they had to do was convince the judge, they had enough evidence, after all this wasn't a trial. They may know the judge can readily decipher the BS , unlike a juror. therefore they felt comfortable with what the had, while we second guess.

Interesting.

Might Suzanne have been in the garage when Barry found her? (Maybe she'd showered, left the towel hanging in the bathroom for Barry to use and discard later, had her phone and charger and was about to leave for her regular afternoon bike ride.) She may have tried to run for her life, ultimately getting to the bedroom and locking herself in -- maybe Barry even took a shot that didn't connect --

That would lend more credence to his rapid running through walls if he searched the yard and the house before locating her. I expect he looked in the garage when he first arrived to make sure she hadn't left but maybe she wasn't in the garage at 2:44 but was at 2:46....

Maybe?

JMO
Hmmm, a missed shot. Wasn't there some kind of substance on the closet wall.? Maybe the closet is where she ran to when the shyte hit the fan, and that's the reason the spy pen was found hidden in the closet, I bet there's a lot more on it than we have heard about yet.

Yes, but this does not absolve the defense of the misconduct IMO. The prosecution offered the judge no explanatory evidence, probably because they did not anticipate that the defense would misrepresent this partial match evidence. I'm not sure I fault them as unprepared: defense counsel were reputable lawyers before this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong