Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
To my knowledge, we have no information about MG's whereabouts on Friday but she accounted for her whereabouts on Saturday which included working at the riverfront build site (raking the beach) where she expected to work all day until BM left early to allegedly go make the wife happy. (MG also states that BM allegedly worked on the beach Friday evening). MOO

ETA: add link to prior detailed response on same.

Still Missing - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #86

P. 46 (MG's interview) Describes those events, but on May 8.

Typo?

Can y'all clarify for me -- was the beach day with MG on Friday morning? And where was Barry Saturday morning, prior to 11:30? (I always thought it was Saturday. Until the AA.)

JMO

It's both, I think. I'm still trying to figure out when on Friday evening they worked on the beach. The AA is not even remotely linear. Everytime, I move on to a new section I have to go back and add extra details to previously recorded incidents.

Barry’s lawyers did not throw Suzanne under the bus. Quite the opposite the prosecution opened with her affair I presume to bolster some hint of motive. Go back and look at the info from the preliminary and the arrest affidavit. My guess is both families probably wish that had never come to be known.

They kinda did too though, imo, saying she was good at keeping secrets, and implying furtive behaviours, without acknowledgement of the reasons why Suzanne felt she had to behave in a certain way - BM is an abuser, he controlled her and her daughters through emotional and psychological means. They did shame her in front of her daughters, it would be a difficult job to make their point without laying some blame at her feet, but they didn't even make an attempt to acknowledge her as a victim of a crime of any description, even now with all their DNA chatter - it's BM that's the victim and not Suzanne, nowhere in any of their motions have they referenced that keeping BM in jail was preventing him to continue a search for Suzanne, only how its against his constitutional rights - what about Suzanne's rights? Do they just disappear with her?
Saying there's no proof of death - the very absence of proof of life evidences the likelihood she is deceased.
She is irrelevant to them, and that's wrong, just because she isn't their client, if they believed BM was truly innocent I feel they would show more humanity towards Suzanne as his spouse and the mother of the 2 daughters that stand by his side, idk, I'm not a murdering criminal or a defense lawyer so what would I know.

If I sound ratty or OT or have missed the point , I apologise in advance

We know Barry's movements when he got home. They are in the AA.
I've enhanced this one so it's easier to read and added all of the relevant information.
View attachment 321863 View attachment 321864 View attachment 321865 View attachment 321866

Screencaps from CBS Denvers raw footage:

Oh, I agree. But isn't all of that prior to and perhaps up to the moment of her being caught [with a dart or however else it may have happened]? And we don't know his movements on the property after his phone went to airplane mode, correct? At least until he did something that registered on the truck's computer, such as opening doors etc. So if he caught her with a tranq dart and then airplane moded his phone, my speculative scene of her getting as far as the creek and him retrieving her could still have happened without conflicting with known info, I think? Maybe?

Oh, I agree. But isn't all of that prior to and perhaps up to the moment of her being caught [with a dart or however else it may have happened]? And we don't know his movements on the property after his phone went to airplane mode, correct? At least until he did something that registered on the truck's computer, such as opening doors etc. So if he caught her with a tranq dart and then airplane moded his phone, my speculative scene of her getting as far as the creek and him retrieving her could still have happened without conflicting with known info, I think? Maybe?

That could be why phone went into airplane mode? She started to flee and he didn't want evidence of the chase?

Moo

Ebm

That depends on what you consider conflicting evidence. I think the split master bedroom door frame photo from the AA gives a pretty good indication of where he caught up to her.
AA_Text_html_m76a56418.png
Image from AA

That depends on what you consider conflicting evidence. I think the split master bedroom door frame photo from the AA gives a pretty good indication of where he caught up to her.
View attachment 321914
Image from AA
The damning thing about that is Barry claiming not to even be aware of it. There's no way he wouldn't notice something like that.

P. 46 (MG's interview) Describes those events, but on May 8.

Typo?
There is conflicting info in the AA. (snipped below) My guess is that May 8th is a typo or MG stated that date in her first interview and then corrected it in a subsequent interview. This also happened with regard to the time she heard BM's truck. On page 47, she said in her May 14th interview that she heard BM's truck at 4AM. In her July 29th timeline (p50) she says she heard his truck at 5 AM.

P47 – May 14th interview (MG):

Morgan stated on May 8, 2020, Barry picked her up from Anytime Fitness, 9985 HWY 50, Poncha Springs, CO. They traveled to a jobsite at 6962 County Road (CR) 105, Salida. They arrived at around 8:00 AM, completed a "rock beach" project and left. At around 11 :00 AM, Barry took her back to her vehicle by Anytime Fitness, paid her in cash for the job, and left

p50 - May 15th interview (MG):
When questioned about the job sites on Saturday, May 09, 2020, Morgan stated she recalled an odd comment made by Barry. Morgan explained after they completed the "beach" at the "river house" (6962 CR 105, Salida), she rode with Barry to the next site. Morgan stated she commented pigs could eat an entire human body in two hours. Barry commented that he would be able to "bury a body" and it "would never be found."

P 19 – May 13th interview (BM):
Barry stated that on Saturday, May 9, 2020, he worked with Morgan Gentile on a job site in Salida. The task was to complete a rock beach on the property.

There is conflicting info in the AA. (snipped below) My guess is that May 8th is a typo or MG stated that date in her first interview and then corrected it in a subsequent interview. This also happened with regard to the time she heard BM's truck. On page 47, she said in her May 14th interview that she heard BM's truck at 4AM. In her July 29th timeline (p50) she says she heard his truck at 5 AM.

P47 – May 14th interview (MG):

Morgan stated on May 8, 2020, Barry picked her up from Anytime Fitness, 9985 HWY 50, Poncha Springs, CO. They traveled to a jobsite at 6962 County Road (CR) 105, Salida. They arrived at around 8:00 AM, completed a "rock beach" project and left. At around 11 :00 AM, Barry took her back to her vehicle by Anytime Fitness, paid her in cash for the job, and left

p50 - May 15th interview (MG):
When questioned about the job sites on Saturday, May 09, 2020, Morgan stated she recalled an odd comment made by Barry. Morgan explained after they completed the "beach" at the "river house" (6962 CR 105, Salida), she rode with Barry to the next site. Morgan stated she commented pigs could eat an entire human body in two hours. Barry commented that he would be able to "bury a body" and it "would never be found."

P 19 – May 13th interview (BM):
Barry stated that on Saturday, May 9, 2020, he worked with Morgan Gentile on a job site in Salida. The task was to complete a rock beach on the property.

Thank you, yeah, I think I'm going to correct the timeline but with a note.

Does anybody remember MG talking about the Friday evening work anywhere?

Also, apparently Barry was wandering around down by the river on Friday evening. The trail cams were removed a lunchtime on Saturday. So what WAS he doing at the river on Friday?

(Barry Morphew Interview – March 5, 2021 – Part 2)
Barry was asked about his phone pinging down by the river during the Facebook posts on Friday night and asked if he was outside. Barry said, “I could have been. I don’t remember. I chase critters around the house all the time. There’s a bear that got in the garage. He completely destroyed my garage. And I’ve been looking for him ever since he came in the garage. I wasn’t going to shoot him, but I was just going to scare him off and uh, coyotes, are always outside.”

Also, apparently Barry was wandering around down by the river on Friday evening. The trail cams were removed a lunchtime on Saturday. So what WAS he doing at the river on Friday?
^^bbm

“Barry had worked on the beach site Friday evening,” Gentile said. “Saturday, he had asked me to clean it up and rake it out, because we were going to bring it out to level – so it would be a beach sand and not muck.”

From link at post #904

Also, I believe this was in part where we speculated that BM could have been on site making the equipment noise that the elderly neighbor heard.

So what WAS he doing at the river on Friday?

Rsbm

Good question.

Next question, did SUZANNE know he was nearby? She told JL, as I recall, that it had been a good evening. "Had pizza" I think she said. Presumably relieved that Barry wasn't being difficult.

Was he checking his cameras, planning to redirect them but ultimately deciding he better remove them altogether?

So disturbing to think that, on that Friday night, Suzanne may have been feeling a moment of peace while he may have been plotting to steal it forever.

JMO

Are the bear and coyotes in the zoo/ark/circus? Asking for a friend.

It's both, I think. I'm still trying to figure out when on Friday evening they worked on the beach. The AA is not even remotely linear. Everytime, I move on to a new section I have to go back and add extra details to previously recorded incidents.
It would make sense, if he was the last one on the beach property on Friday and MG had to level the place on Saturday morning, starting alone there. IF he did something criminal on Friday/Friday night, MG on Saturday had to appear there without him first to show innocent-looking working processes. As MG's boss, it would be normal though for BM to turn up later and to control the required completion of her tasks. So, a property owner wouldn't have thought, BM himself wanted to remove traces early in the morning.

I think, when BM took MG from her gym and brought her back, it must have been Friday. On Saturday he left MG at the beach side, because of his sudden intention "to make his wife happy with hiking/biking". Or didn't he leave her there?? Didn't she have her own car at the workplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member