Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

List of Case Players and Their Relationship to Discussion (Post #440)

————————————-
MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*
Detailed timeline of events in the Morphew case:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 , MEDIA, MAPS &TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Arrest Affidavit
—————————————
Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)
—————————————
Hearing Notes (Compliments of @NoSI)
Preliminary:
Day 1

————————————-
Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Verified Experts/Professionals/Insiders posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney
Cassidy is a Verified Attorney
lamlawindy is a Verified Attorney (former Prosecutor, now Defence)
NatureLover (Verified friend of the Moorman family)

Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76 Thread #77 Thread #78 Thread #79 Thread #80 Thread #81 Thread #82 Thread #83 Thread #84 Thread #85 Thread #86 Thread #87 Thread #88 Thread #89 Thread #90 Thread #91 Thread #92 Thread #93 Thread #94
Thread #95

Last edited by a moderator:
Please continue discussion here in accordance with The Rules:

Quick rundown of reminders from prior threads:

Rumors are not allowed.

Barry Morphew has been charged with Suzanne's murder and he and his businesses are open to sleuthing.

Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect.

If an approved source discusses rumors or family members, it is still NOT allowed to do so at Websleuths. WS has different standards.

Preview your posts to avoid broken quotes.

Lengthy personal anecdotes are off topic. Stay on topic.

Discuss the case and not each other; state your opinion and move one without arguing or bickering.

Random youtube videos or blogs are not allowed unless approval is given by Tricia or Admin.

Approved sources are MSM, LE, Profiling Evil podcast, Lauren Scharf podcast or social media, Investigation Discovery, Crimeonline, Tyson Draper (only the interview with Barry Morphew), public documents.

Do not discuss removed posts or question/challenge moderation on the thread. Doing so is subject to an automatic Time Out.

Mod Reminder - Plunder Court Transcript Episodes

The Transcripts from the Preliminary Hearing being shared by Plunder have been approved. This approval only applies to the Plunder episodes specific to the court transcripts. The transcripts shared across the episodes may not be copied and posted in entirety to WS as a single document or post replicating the documents that the content creator purchased.

ADMIN REMINDER:

By Websleuths standards the Morphew daughters are victims. Posts trashing them or demeaning them will be removed and members who post in that regard are subject to a loss of posting privileges.

Read The Rules (TOS) and post accordingly.

Thanks.

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.

Waiting waiting waiting for hearing updates..

I can't quote your post from the last thread (if I can I don't know how.. lol) so I'll copy/ paste below.

All these quips are awesome that everyone is posting! I needed this laugh.

I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to go get some paper towels and I'm going to write all these down so I can remember them! Lol!!

I'd like to suggest digging in a dumpster for a receipt to write on. That IS the special way to write these things down! Barry approved.

I would love to know how many times in the past year did he text his wife “are you up?” Other than the day she disappeared. I would also love to know when his hotel was reserved I suspect on the way to Broomfield that morning he was launching up his Expedia app while driving. Imo.

Lol.

NEW: At the end of today’s hearing, Barry Morphew’s defense attorneys told the court they have filed for the dismissal of the murder case, saying prosecutors have mismanaged case

“We really think the court should take severe sanctions, including dismissal,” Morphew’s lawyer said

https://twitter.com/marcsallinger/status/1496989440367075328?s=21
Well. How about that? We live in a crazy world. I read the AA and see nothing but a man guilty of murdering his wife. Those defense lawyers are earning their pay.

Lol.

NEW: At the end of today’s hearing, Barry Morphew’s defense attorneys told the court they have filed for the dismissal of the murder case, saying prosecutors have mismanaged case

“We really think the court should take severe sanctions, including dismissal,” Morphew’s lawyer said

Oh, Iris.

(Thank you @LOVEORLUST for that correction. I totally knew it (her birthday) was in April, but I still wrote May and walked away. Proofreading is not my strong point. :cool:)

It really is quite laughable. Firstly they try to have some of the prosecution evidence made inadmissible then want the whole case dismissed.

They obviously know they do not have any defence which will stand in front of a jury.

Last edited:
Lol.

Ok MassGuy, want your opinion. Is the following possible?
The judge dismisses the case.
The Prosecutor Re-files charges with a revised, shortened and succinct AA with bullet points.
Barry is arrested again.
Defense lawyers have earned their pay so they tell him to find another lawyer.
He is held until a new ph.
He gets no bail.
What do you think?

It really is quite laughable. Firstly they try to have prosecution evidence made inadmissible then want the whole case dismissed.

They obviously know they do not have any defence which will stand in front of a jury.
Obviously I know nothing about law. :D
I didn’t realize the entire evidence could be deemed inadmissible. Are you sure?

Ok MassGuy, want your opinion. Is the following possible?
The judge dismisses the case.
The Prosecutor Re-files charges with a revised, shortened and succinct AA with bullet points.
Barry is arrested again.
Defense lawyers have earned their pay so they tell him to find another lawyer.
He is held until a new ph.
He gets no bail.
What do you think?
This is posturing. They've been consistent in this request, and will continue to make it right up until trial.

Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member