Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98

Status
Not open for further replies.

MemPat

Without Art the Earth is just Eh!
Reaction score
Dwelling on this case for too long at a time just hurts my soul. Just from the texts I can hear Suzanne’s voice. He doesn’t answer her questions, not about money or where he’s been or why his phone was turned off. He won’t look her in the eye when she tries to discuss their lives. He says he is going to kill himself when they get into arguments. He uses the kids against her and manipulated them. It’s all there for any lawyer, judge or jurist to see.

For the life of me, I can’t understand why there are some posters here who can’t or won’t see it. Did Suzanne have ONE affair? Yes. Did she pay for it? With her life! I wish she had never done that. But could she have escaped Barry ever? I don’t think so.

I don’t believe Suzanne is dead because she had an affair. I believe sooner or later she would have been murdered by Barry. Why? Because she questioned him. Because she had a second round of cancer and that was not on his bucket list. Because she inherited money and wanted to know where it was going. Because she had friends that were not Barry’s friends. Because she had a family that wasn’t Barry’s family. Because she wanted a say in how the girls were being raised. Because she didn’t want to be alone while he was doing who knows what and running around and leaving her alone at Puma Path. There are so many reasons that she wasn’t going to last and most of all, she was waking up to realizing she could have a life separate from him. She had an inheritance that would help her with her finances and medical expenses.

I have hopes that investigators never gave up and they have information we never knew about that will solidify the case.

Barry Morphew doesn’t deserve to be walking free right now or ever.

I believe you've explained Suzanne's plight well in that single long paragraph (BBM). I'm convinced that they both expected her to die from cancer, especially once she had the recurrence.

I think she thought her existence required a man so she plucked one from her past and hoped to split the money with Barry and get out, perhaps peacefully. Barry's manhood was/is tied up in his ability to control everything so she was doomed.

Any woman he hooks up with in the future is doomed as well. If he can hide one body he can hide two!

DizzyB

Reaction score
I think Suzanne was a girl who always did the right thing, honored her husband, prayed for guidance, and had no happiness to show for it. I think at some point she realized that she deserved joy beyond her daughters. She wanted a life for herself, and she knew she could not remain in her marriage. She never thought Barry could kill her. She thought he had “learned”. Poor Suzanne.

Megnut

Reaction score

susiQ

Reaction score
I believe you've explained Suzanne's plight well in that single long paragraph (BBM). I'm convinced that they both expected her to die from cancer, especially once she had the recurrence.

I think she thought her existence required a man so she plucked one from her past and hoped to split the money with Barry and get out, perhaps peacefully. Barry's manhood was/is tied up in his ability to control everything so she was doomed.

Any woman he hooks up with in the future is doomed as well. If he can hide one body he can hide two!
Let’s hope and pray he is convicted and doesn’t get a second chance. Regarding Shona, I think she’s a wee bit more street smart than SM and would duck out at an opportune time if she felt the relationship was going sideways. However, if she wanted money and/or a settlement for her troubles, that could render her “missing” too. NO ONE takes Barry’s money. Having said that, not sure how affluent his life will be after IE and DN are through with him. :p

jakat

I'm going home to CT.
Reaction score
Oh, can you just imagine that conversation between LE and Barry?!

Barry: did you find the phone?

LE: no, we didn't find the phone. But we did find your phone.

What a nice reunion that would be.

JMO
Yes, delightful! They must have found the phone, otherwise why would Tracfone be on the witness list? I just wonder how many extra phones he had in his possession. What was he doing with a Tracfone if indeed, he had one, which kind of looks like he did.

I am so sorry you went through the hell that you did. The same goes for other WSers who went through the same thing with an abuser. After losing my husband to death a couple of months ago, it's very doubtful I'll ever date anyone else. With all the DV going on in the world, I wouldn't ever trust another man the way I did my husband. Suzanne didn't stand a chance. She should be alive and free today of the monster she had in her life.

JMO

al66pine

Reaction score
Sorry, I did write it in the way, German people do (usually I do not and always try to be US-compliant).
May 5th and May 8th I meant.
@FromGermany1 No apology needed about how you wrote dates, common in many other countries too (as you know). As a matter of fact, in the U.S., some government agencies and businesses use the same date format --- day/mo./yr.

But it does help when we use the same format on a thread.:)

Kemug

Reaction score
Let’s hope and pray he is convicted and doesn’t get a second chance. Regarding Shona, I think she’s a wee bit more street smart than SM and would duck out at an opportune time if she felt the relationship was going sideways. However, if she wanted money and/or a settlement for her troubles, that could render her “missing” too. NO ONE takes Barry’s money. Having said that, not sure how affluent his life will be after IE and DN are through with him. :p
I suppose being in prison wouldn't stop Barry and Sho continuing their relationship, or even getting married, but it would certainly keep Sho safer.

mrjitty

Reaction score
I think this is a manifestation of the general upchuck reaction among women to Judge L's ruling excluding the DV expert. It does not seem to be the product of someone who is exceptionally well informed, but it seems to be an authentic and widely shared sentiment in the community.

Also, I think it's important to understand that the Colorado judiciary has taken a media beating over the past year for lack of integrity and transparency (e.g. Auditor's report finds possible illegal activity among ex-Colorado Judicial Branch Employees and related articles), and to me it is completely understandable that a Colorado citizen might think Justice Boatright made insufficient inquiry into Judge L's credentials and potential conflicts before appointing him.

If the petition demonstrates concern among the community and stimulates more participation in the public dialog and especially more media comment from experts on DV, I think it will have served a beneficial purpose. It it won't hurt to have greater public scrutiny of judges either, including but not limited to Judge L.

What can definitely happen is you get a not guilty verdict, then in the media storm afterwards, the public realises/finds out that this kind of evidence was suppressed.

I recall a case back home where 3 police were charged with a historical rape in the 80s. They were found not guilty, only for it to then be revealed 2 of them were already in jail for rape.

While the pre-trial decision to exclude the prior offending may have been correct, it didn't look good at the end of the day

everybodhi

Reaction score
Yes, delightful! They must have found the phone, otherwise why would Tracfone be on the witness list? I just wonder how many extra phones he had in his possession. What was he doing with a Tracfone if indeed, he had one, which kind of looks like he did.

I am so sorry you went through the hell that you did. The same goes for other WSers who went through the same thing with an abuser. After losing my husband to death a couple of months ago, it's very doubtful I'll ever date anyone else. With all the DV going on in the world, I wouldn't ever trust another man the way I did my husband. Suzanne didn't stand a chance. She should be alive and free today of the monster she had in her life.

JMO
I’m sorry for your loss, jakat, in only two months I know the trauma of such a monumental loss is still very fresh, it’s not easy learning to live this life without the person closest to you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, wishing you strength and support wherever you may find it.

gliving

Woof
Reaction score
@NancyGrace

GIRLS RULE! Our
@foxnation
Crew here in Salida, Colorado, investigating the disappearance of mother of two Suzanne Morphew.
@crimeonlinenews
#FoxNation

7:40 AM · Mar 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

FN-nzPkXIAU3Uph

@NancyGrace

Here in Salida setting up at 4 am. ITS COLD!
@foxnation
8:11 AM · Mar 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

FN-u7Q3XsAAdlZW

jakat

I'm going home to CT.
Reaction score
I’m sorry for your loss, jakat, in only two months I know the trauma of such a monumental loss is still very fresh, it’s not easy learning to live this life without the person closest to you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, wishing you strength and support wherever you may find it.
Thank you for your kind words. I thought he would live forever. We were together for 50 years. I don't ever see myself being with someone else. Such a scary world we all live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.