Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
He jumped right into bike ride, was it a mountain lion? Like immediately.

Not my wife just recovered from her second bout of cancer, did you check the house? Wouldn't a medical issue be pretty high on the list, for most spouses?

I think he knew she wasn't in the house from the information he was getting as he was driving I have to assume.

Martin Ritter reported to Deputy Brown that he was contacted earlier by telephone by Suzanne’s daughter REDACTED age REDACTED. REDACTED explained to Martin that she was concerned because she could not reach Suzanne via telephone or text. REDACTED asked Martin to go to the residence and check on Suzanne. Martin’s wife, Jeanne Ritter, proceeded to the residence but could not locate Suzanne, so Martin contacted Barry via telephone. Martin further stated that Barry told him that he also could not reach Suzanne, either. Martin told Barry that he did not locate Suzanne at the residence nor could he locate her after searching the immediate area. Barry instructed Martin to call 911 and advised Martin that he was on his way home from Denver.(pg 3)

Also inconsistent is "when" Suzanne "normally" went biking.. although the idea that she uses a wide trail across the highway seems consistent. My guess is she had done both (mornings and afternoons) there's this from the affidavit:
REDACTED stated that Suzanne mountain-bikes regularly during the afternoon hours, often using a wide trail across the highway. Suzanne normally took her cell phone, sunglasses and blue backpack/hydration bladder on the bike rides. (pg 5)

^^rsbm

I'm afraid that we are not going to see the type of cellular and location data forensics that we've become accustomed to based on geographic circumstances beyond anybody's control. Fortunately, the jurors of this district will be familiar with the lesser services that most of us take for granted.

Most likely true...none of it struck me as odd because I live with crazy on again off again cell service every day and texts and voicemails that sometimes don't come into my iphone for days. Although it might not be as bad in Fremont County....I'm not at all familiar with that area.

I also don't know if the "find my phone" on iphones "matches" the gps positioning data that comes off the phone when retrieved by law enforcement. Sometimes I can't find my husband and he's in the house but his phone shows location unknown even if I spot the phone and it's fully functional and he's left it lying on a table or it will show my H's phone 20 miles or more away when it's in the house where I'm standing...so I don't understand fully how phones function in areas where cell phone comes and goes and can bounce from 0 bars to 2 bars back and forth over time and how that impacts "gps positioning" - my question would be is the gps positioning more accurate than what you see in "find my phone" so will find that expert testimony interesting.

True but it doesn't really matter IMO

In the last decade I have followed 4 sprawling multi year cases through appeals etc.

In every each, the main defence was that the prosecution was corrupt and incompetent and had decided to railroad the accused because reasons.

These reasons never make sense of course. Corrupt cops tend to sabotage cases. They don't usually try to fit up middle class, well resourced white guys, or railroad them in a difficult no body case.

What I noted from No Stone Unturned was that Law enforcement pursue those cases over years because someone believes in that missing victim.

So while I agree there are some unfortunate aspects in all of this, it still disgusts me when defence teams try to mislead the court because of their own dreams of legal glory.
Totally agree. In addition, I am sure that all sins will be forgiven by the 11th Judicial District electorate if BM is convicted. I remain convinced that will be the outcome.

But if no on raises the issue, how will LS and company learn from their mistakes?

MG must have taken up smoking on 5/9.

Didn't Barry give her smoking self a ride to and from the beachsite/gym on Saturday morning?

I'm'a'gonna need something for whiplash.

Barry's got a fast answer for everything.

If he went up to Broomfield TWELVE HOURS EARLY to survey what was needed for the job, just when and how were the things neeeded to DO the job going to get there?

3 hotel rooms, 3 workers, 0 supplies.

Big job up in Denver.

Hardly.

Big snowjob maybe.

JMO

He didn't know about Jeff until much later.

Bike was not home and he knew that from people calling him during the drive back from Broomfield. Suzanne was going to be watching a Zoom wedding in the afternoon so it's not inconceivable if she took daily rides that she might do that earlier than normal before the wedding. The mountain lion had been spotted in the area and in the affidavit it mentions the mountain lion again and that the original searchers Barry, George, Andy etc. tracked the lion over a period of time. (pg 56) The mountain lion theory was discarded pretty quickly within a week and confirmed by Sherriff Speeze that it had been eliminated during one of the first press conferences, but it does seem to fascinate people even though there is a small risk from mountain lions so until eliminated would have been a consideration given the area and the spotting of one....upwards of over 20 attacks in the last decade of people.

I didn't see where he told people he was going "with workers"...only that he was going up earlier than originally discussed and they were coming later. I agree it's "iffy" story....he said he didn't want to drive MG because he didn't want her smoking in his vehicle.

This is from the AA:

"In a separate interview, Martin Ritter told the FBI that Barry said he was “at a worksite with workers present” when he received the final call from Martin. Barry also told CBI Agents multiple times that he was at the Via Varra worksite in Broomfield, CO, when he received that call and had to drive to his hotel to drop his tools off for workers. The Broomfield hotel video, however, disproved those assertions by Barry"

I think he knew she wasn't in the house from the information he was getting as he was driving I have to assume.

Martin Ritter reported to Deputy Brown that he was contacted earlier by telephone by Suzanne’s daughter REDACTED age REDACTED. REDACTED explained to Martin that she was concerned because she could not reach Suzanne via telephone or text. REDACTED asked Martin to go to the residence and check on Suzanne. Martin’s wife, Jeanne Ritter, proceeded to the residence but could not locate Suzanne, so Martin contacted Barry via telephone. Martin further stated that Barry told him that he also could not reach Suzanne, either. Martin told Barry that he did not locate Suzanne at the residence nor could he locate her after searching the immediate area. Barry instructed Martin to call 911 and advised Martin that he was on his way home from Denver.(pg 3)

Also inconsistent is "when" Suzanne "normally" went biking.. although the idea that she uses a wide trail across the highway seems consistent. My guess is she had done both (mornings and afternoons) there's this from the affidavit:
REDACTED stated that Suzanne mountain-bikes regularly during the afternoon hours, often using a wide trail across the highway. Suzanne normally took her cell phone, sunglasses and blue backpack/hydration bladder on the bike rides. (pg 5)

You are correct, my mistake. I had forgotten BM had already started with the bike ride idea with the Ritters on his way home from his alibi building non-work trip.

Can we all agree on this at least?

An inconsistency is when something is not the same. So you tell a story, but parts of it change.

A lie is when you say something that is not truthful.

If I'm on the phone with someone and they ask where I am and I tell them "the moon," when I'm really at the mall, that is a lie.

If I recount what I did on a particular day and my narrative changes, that is inconsistent.

Now, an inconsistency may not be a lie, as memory is fallible.

But you know what a lie is?

A fricken lie.

Can we please call it like it is, and not downplay an irrefutable falsehood?

We should be able to agree on basic definitions of words.
I think the majority of posters get the difference.

I can agree that some things he said were lies...like saying he was at the wall when Mrs. Ritter called....a lie, yes. But I don't agree that every story he told was a lie and sometimes I think he was just tired and flippant.
I bet he was tired. It’s lots of work chasing your wife around the house, murdering your wife and taking her to a burial place, driving around dumping trash, and on and on.

Totally agree. In addition, I am sure that all sins will be forgiven by the 11th Judicial District electorate if BM is convicted. I remain convinced that will be the outcome.

But if no on raises the issue, how will LS and company learn from their mistakes?
Respectfully, I think it possible that the electorate does not share OP's view of LS and company committing sins and/or making mistakes to learn from. Just sayin...

Respectfully, I think it possible that the electorate does not share OP's view of LS and company committing sins and/or making mistakes to learn from. Just sayin...
She won by a landslide despite the deficiencies I have described, so I doubt she's worried right now. But if the unexpected happens and BM is acquitted, she will have handed any potential opponent a stick to beat her with. Just sayin'...

As they say, "Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan." And the buck will stop with Stanley IMO.

I can agree that some things he said were lies...like saying he was at the wall when Mrs. Ritter called....a lie, yes. But I don't agree that every story he told was a lie and sometimes I think he was just tired and flippant.

Again.....

Attachments

• 1c7d884449e6f12488a765b75b5f9e23-1.jpg
    1c7d884449e6f12488a765b75b5f9e23-1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 42
Again.....

I don't believe he chased chipmunks.

I don't believe he was searching for a turkey corpse.

I don't believe he tranquilized deer and sawed their antlers off.

I don't believe he followed elk that morning.

I don't believe he was trying to scare a bear in the darkness.

I wouldn't believe these things even if he had never lied, but it is the ridiculous stories coupled with those proven lies that will turn the jury against him from the beginning.

I can't imagine anyone is that gullible.

Tell me a lie, and I'll question everything you tell me in the future.

I'm not alone.

Can we all agree on this at least?

An inconsistency is when something is not the same. So you tell a story, but parts of it change.

A lie is when you say something that is not truthful.

If I'm on the phone with someone and they ask where I am and I tell them "the moon," when I'm really at the mall, that is a lie.

If I recount what I did on a particular day and my narrative changes, that is inconsistent.

Now, an inconsistency may not be a lie, as memory is fallible.

But you know what a lie is?

A fricken lie.

Can we please call it like it is, and not downplay an irrefutable falsehood?

We should be able to agree on basic definitions of words.

The only people not calling a lie a lie are those that blindly support Barry. They seem to excuse his actual lies by trying to discredit those interviewing him. Nope not going to work because day 1 before any suspicion was on him he lied. Nobody exaggerated that and the Ritter's have no reason to lie and the officer that called him had no reason to lie, no known crime had taken place. From moment zero Barry lied. Those that support him have to ignore that or excuse it away in order to not suspect him of this crime. Then, he lied again right away when his memory should be no problem. He said he work up to his alarm clock, when all other evidence shows he was up well before he said his alarm went off.. his phone and his truck say otherwise.

If he did actually dispose of tranq paraphernalia he left enough for LE to take pictures at the house so it makes me wonder why he just didn’t toss it all.
I mean, why did he lie about his movements in Broomfield when he knew there were cameras?

The answer to that question is likely "ignorance and arrogance."

The answer to your question may merely be "because he's an absolute moron."

If Barry was in Broomfield, hard at work, with workers present, how'd he know Suzanne went for a morning "bike ride"?

Maybe she dropped her phone in the veggie stew and wasn't missing at all, was just shopping for clothes online and then went on her normal afternoon ride... well, I mean if she wasn't dead.

He didn't create a workable alibi for himself on either day. Nor did he create a credible storyline for Suzanne.

Double fail.

JMO
Wonder who these workers were who were present. Couldn't have been MG, JP, CC. They weren't due to arrive in Broomfield until later Sunday night. Caught in another lie. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304