Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’ve never seen prosecutorial misconduct this egregious in my entire career,” defense attorney Iris Eytan said. “I will file a request for investigation because I believe they withheld exculpatory information which would have pointed toward Barry’s innocence. I believe they concealed evidence and I believe that they manufactured evidence in this case.”

I can't see why Iris Eytan would push for an investigation of the DA for prosecutorial misconduct if her client was guilty and the only reason charges were dropped was because the prosecutor's office got behind and couldn't handle the case. If that were the case, she would just fade away without calling any more attention to the case. My feeling is she is pursuing prosecutorial misconduct against the DA because the case against BM never should have been brought.

“I’ve never seen prosecutorial misconduct this egregious in my entire career,” defense attorney Iris Eytan said. “I will file a request for investigation because I believe they withheld exculpatory information which would have pointed toward Barry’s innocence. I believe they concealed evidence and I believe that they manufactured evidence in this case.”

I can't see why Iris Eytan would push for an investigation of the DA for prosecutorial misconduct if her client was guilty and the only reason charges were dropped was because the prosecutor's office got behind and couldn't handle the case. If that were the case, she would just fade away without calling any more attention to the case. My feeling is she is pursuing prosecutorial misconduct against the DA because the case against BM never should have been brought.

Because she’s hoping to get Barry a monetary settlement so that he can pay her more when this actually goes to trial. Because she knows he killed Suzanne. And she knows that this deserves to go to trial and that she can get paid a lot more along with a lot more national publicity.

If you actually think she’s doing this as some kind of righteous crusade for Innocent Barry the Falsely Accused then you haven’t been following closely enough.

Last edited:

Nothing more than hot air coming out of IE. If she does attempt to push an investigation it will fail. Nothing done by LE or the DA’s office constitutes prosecutorial misconduct. Barry is guilty and she KNOWS it. She’s on a PR tour to promote the Bare as having been wrongly accused because she also knows they are coming for him down the road.

Judge M ruled there was enough evidence to proceed to trial. Just because things got a bit messed up, and Judge M had to recuse himself and Judge L took over and over zealously sanctioned the prosecution does NOT mean the circumstantial evidence against the Bare has evaporated into thin air. Not at all. In fact, I bet we don’t know the half of it!

IE is preempting for the next trial. She knows he’s guilty every bit as much as we do. Don’t kid yourself.

Unfortunately, past successes in interrogations does not help the outcome of this case. I do applaud him for the the times he did acquire the needed info to convict.

Two years later now. There is no possibility of other charges. I want him charged and convicted of Murder. I wish he would have got enough in this case for a trial and conviction . it is rare to have a direct line to a murderer for 30 hours of questioning. Only one person had the ability to back BM into a corner and leave no reasonable doubt of his guilt. Grusing failed in that aspect, on this case.
Gruising didn't fail. It is only a temporary set back....

Nothing more than hot air coming out of IE. If she does attempt to push an investigation it will fail. Nothing done by LE or the DA’s office constitutes prosecutorial misconduct. Barry is guilty and she KNOWS it. She’s on a PR tour to promote the Bare as having been wrongly accused because she also knows they are coming for him down the road.

Judge M ruled there was enough evidence to proceed to trial. Just because things got a bit messed up, and Judge M had to recuse himself and Judge L took over and over zealously sanctioned the prosecution does NOT mean the circumstantial evidence against the Bare has evaporated into thin air. Not at all. In fact, I bet we don’t know the half of it!

IE is preempting for the next trial. She knows he’s guilty every bit as much as we do. Don’t kid yourself.
She has brass balls!......(well as we say in australia!)

dbm. non matter
I don’t know if it will scare other DAs, but I’m pretty sure it hasn’t scared LS. She has ALL the evidence against that narcissistic, wife abusing, animal killer (I’m not adverse to people hunting for food they eat and share with others). Yes, things went sideways, unfortunately, but that doesn’t change the evidence in this case. Nor does anything IE spins in the media. When this goes to trial, hopefully with a judge that is paying close attention to detail, all the spin in the world won’t help the Bare.

I also think IE did herself a harm, kissing “that man” in the parking lot. Yuck! What on earth was that woman thinking?! Unless of course, it was just another ploy to make the unaware public think, “Wow, she hugged and kissed him, he MUST be innocent.” She really is a master of spin. If that wasn’t her angle, she really is a bit weird. She’s kissing someone she KNOWS is a wife killer. That’s actually really sick. IMHO.
ed:word

Last edited:
I don’t know if it will scare other DAs, but I’m pretty sure it hasn’t scared LS. She has ALL the evidence against that narcissistic, wife abusing, animal killer (I’m not adverse to people hunting for food they eat and share with others). Yes, things went sideways, unfortunately, but that doesn’t change the evidence in this case. Nor does anything IE spins in the media. When this goes to trial, hopefully with a judge that is paying close attention to detail, all the spin in the world won’t help the Bare.

I also think IE did herself a harm, kissing that idiot in the parking lot. Yuck! What on earth was that woman thinking?! Unless of course, it was just another ploy to make the unaware public think, “Wow, she hugged and kissed him, he MUST be innocent.” She really is a master of spin. If that wasn’t her angle, she really is a bit weird. She’s kissing someone she KNOWS is a wife killer. That’s actually really sick. IMHO.
yeah I have deleted that post susiQ
it was the first thing that came to my mind....these games affecting the vibe of momentum if you know what I mean.
But following on reading others thoughts I agree.....she is the king of spin. FAKE it till ya make it kind.

Because she’s hoping to get Barry a monetary settlement so that he can pay her more when this actually goes to trial. Because she knows he killed Suzanne. And she knows that this deserves to go to trial and that she can get paid a lot more along with a lot more national publicity.

If you actually think she’s doing this as some kind of righteous crusade for Innocent Barry the Falsely Accused then you haven’t been following closely enough.
She is pushing PR for more clients, nothing more.

Of course not. She is merely a good lawyer, and when law is not followed to a T, the clients have the chance to walk free. Everything, including going after the DA, and the interview, and everything else is just icing on a cake. Barry knew how deep his problem was, so he invested in one of the best Coloradan firms, and for his money, they pulled him out.

No, not for a second do I believe that BM is innocent. “Shooting chipmunks” is what is so convincing. How could the prosecution not make a case out of it is another question, but - it happens.

I only wish Suzanne decided to “shoot chipmunks” that fateful day …and then came to Iris as the client. But, sadly, Suzanne was a true believer and stayed in that horrible marriage for too long.

I also think IE did herself a harm, kissing that idiot in the parking lot. Yuck! What on earth was that woman thinking?! Unless of course, it was just another ploy to make the unaware public think, “Wow, she hugged and kissed him, he MUST be innocent.” She really is a master of spin. If that wasn’t her angle, she really is a bit weird. She’s kissing someone she KNOWS is a wife killer. That’s actually really sick. IMHO.

I don’t think she is weird, rather, the opposite. If IE were not a lawyer, she’d make a good producer. She stages these scenes so well. Sunshine, Barry in white, Iris, shot from the back, is in white, too. Message: “Innocence”. All these photos of Barry and his daughters on his sides. Look at how they are dressed. Same style. I wonder if the idea for Macy to color her hair dark (producing a contrast with Mallory, not unlike the one between Iris and Drew) was Iris’s idea, too. The only thing that doesn’t work is that theoretically, the girls should bow their heads to Barry’s shoulders, pulling the pictures together (“two angels on the sides of innocence”), and IRL, they seem to be constantly distracted, especially Macy. But in general, artistically, Iris has taste. It is interesting. The photos of the family with Suzanne looked artistic and well-staged, too. Now that Suzanne is gone, the moment these two ladies, Iris and Drew, took the case, no ShoSho in sight anymore. Only the orphaned family. High drama. Good job.

JMO.

True crime book I’m reading:

“He was a perfectionist who always fell back on the homicide investigators’ credo: Do it right the first time. You only get one chance.”

How I’m feeling about this case right now. They spent a year investigating, then arrest, then a year heading toward trial. Now it’s all dissipated to nothing and I’m wondering if they will ever be able to regain momentum. Without finding Suzanne‘s body I have serious doubts.

“He was a perfectionist who always fell back on the homicide investigators’ credo: Do it right the first time. You only get one chance.”

How I’m feeling about this case right now. They spent a year investigating, then arrest, then a year heading toward trial. Now it’s all dissipated to nothing and I’m wondering if they will ever be able to regain momentum. Without finding Suzanne‘s body I have serious doubts.

Well, if they didn't arrest him he'd be somewhere in Ecuador or Nicaragua. With lots of money. I wish they charged him with voter's fraud first, though, and used the time for the bigger case. As of now, look, he is still a deeply tainted man.

I admit that the cat food piqued my interest. When do cats eat? Where was the cat found? Is it true that the cat had been confined to one room of PP? I don’t think that IE says things like that randomly. And the video of the remaining M family and IE-I don’t have anything nice to say so I guess I will keep my mouth shut.
IMO the scene was set up to look like on Sunday morn SM was supposedly about to feed the cat, while having her cup of coffee, and was abducted.

I'm not sure even finding her body will be enough.

Maybe finding her body and turning the case over to a Denver prosecutor. Stanley will just blow it again if she refiles.

I also think IE did herself a harm, kissing “that man” in the parking lot. Yuck! What on earth was that woman thinking?! Unless of course, it was just another ploy to make the unaware public think, “Wow, she hugged and kissed him, he MUST be innocent.” She really is a master of spin. If that wasn’t her angle, she really is a bit weird. She’s kissing someone she KNOWS is a wife killer. That’s actually really sick. IMHO.
ed:word

It was at the least, 100% unprofessional.

The mistakes prosecution made are well documented by both judges so to say the prosecution did not have misconduct is not true. The facts as known regarding what the original case was based on do remain with all the same legal rulings around hearsay etc. It isn’t legally just a do-over however.

but why the storys about the bike ride? how does that fit?

This is why the presence of staging itself is the most important thing, rather than trying to see back to the original timeline.

In the Pistorius case, the crime scene is so confused, precisely because he iterated the staging, first trying to stage an actual intruder, then when help arrived too quickly, switching to the mistaken intruder version

Ditto in this case - you can see the "improvements"

The "real" abductor had no need to stage. He just abducts the victim and dumps the body somewhere in the wilderness.

IMO the scene was set up to look like on Sunday morn SM was supposedly about to feed the cat, while having her cup of coffee, and was abducted.
Except, why would she leave the food on the counter to dry out while she was heading out on a “bike ride”?

I think the Bare had too many staging ideas racing through his head which we witnessed later. Although, Suzanne could very well have been getting ready to feed the cat before going for her daily ride when the Bare came home that fateful Saturday and he figured he would just leave it there to make it look like an abduction. Bike ride, cat got her, accident and she got in the river, abduction, disgruntled worker. He figured he had his “bases” covered. Unfortunately, he over thought his staging, too many bread crumb trails that made no sense. Thank goodness LE smelled his lies from day one and locked everything down. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo