Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o Prejudice* #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM above - I think you may have SM confused with Barry on this point. BM is the one who would take off for days and not be in contact. I don"t recall that at all about SM. imo
If I understand correctly, I think what OP was referring to was a text SM sent to JL about leaving BM and not contacting JL for a time as she would be settling into her new life in Salida. I think this was her plan, to give herself time to adjust to her “new life.” So very sad she never got that opportunity.

I see @K9Enzo already responded :).

I’m not confused. Page 18 of the AA. IMO

Libler said they never made concrete plans, but she told him several times when she does leave Barry, she would go without contacting Libler for a while. Suzanne said she was not doing this for Libler but for herself.
Apologies - totally missed that context of your post - I see now, that behavior of not being in touch was meant to happen after she left Barry - thanks for that clarification @K9Enzo

If I understand correctly, I think what OP was referring to was a text SM sent to JL about leaving BM and not contacting JL for a time as she would be settling into her new life in Salida. I think this was her plan, to give herself time to adjust to her “new life.” So very sad she never got that opportunity.

I see @K9Enzo already responded :).
thanks @Susieq87 I totally missed the context - my error !

Last edited:
As Massguy has posted several times, Barry had the financial motive, timing, and means to murder his wife. So many other actions point to no one other than Barry.
And the means, motive, timing, equipment, expertise, energy and stealth to conceal her.

Who better to hide/barry a body?

JMO

While the snow melts, Barry’s book title contest:

A Perfect Night: Steak, Sex, and Sleeping
(while our possessions turned on and off, opened and closed, moved around by themselves, and my wife was never seen or heard from again)
Everything under control
How I managed a stable full of girls/women/animals and meth heads

;)

Further, I think they think that if Suzanne had simply remembered her place, laid off the drugs (prescribed medications, People!) and the booze (hard core IPAs) and the men (JL, miscellaneous rogue offenders with dropped charges who were never near her or her vehicle), repented of her ballsy ways and resumed her lovingness and loyalty to Barry, while questioning nothing and being grateful to receive an allowance out of their joint monies and her inheritance (which she was strong-armed into comingling), stay out of the garage and adulate Barry without pause, none of this would've happened. Pure, unadulterated victim-blaming.
:cool: = you
:mad: = the situation

So I watched the GMA thing.

<insert comments about the morality of this interview>

First up, clear positioning of "family speaks out" - wonder if that came from IE as part of the deal? It was said 3 times. I note there wasn't much in terms of actual specific claims of innocence, from the family or from GMA. Rather they were breaking their silence - i found that part interesting with the daughter shaking her head - perhaps just a denial of the whole situation? I took it more to be she can't believe it of him.

Vague claims of being treated unfairly

Obvious Barry can't say much due to legal jeopardy, and even still failed to deliver anything convincing.

Strange the phrasing of "never stop looking". I felt the statement of Linda needs to find our mum was quite convincing and genuine. Never stop looking felt defensive to me. What are they doing to look? Why would they never stop? Wouldn't they look till they find her? Didn't sound like an honest statement about actual actions.

In IE's section, I note main focus was on State needs to pay. GMA clearly not that key to broadcast wild accusations? Or were none made?

Curious phrasing that the public would believe what has been alleged against BM.

errr. yeah?

First up, clear positioning of "family speaks out" - wonder if that came from IE as part of the deal? It was said 3 times. I note there wasn't much in terms of actual specific claims of innocence, from the family or from GMA. Rather they were breaking their silence - i found that part interesting with the daughter shaking her head - perhaps just a denial of the whole situation? I took it more to be she can't believe it of him.

Obvious Barry can't say much due to legal jeopardy, and even still failed to deliver anything convincing.

Strange the phrasing of "never stop looking". I felt the statement of Linda needs to find our mum was quite convincing and genuine. Never stop looking felt defensive to me. What are they doing to look? Why would they never stop? Wouldn't they look till they find her? Didn't sound like an honest statement about actual actions.

In IE's section, I note main focus was on State needs to pay. GMA clearly not that key to broadcast wild accusations? Or were none made?

Curious phrasing that the public would believe what has been alleged against BM.

errr. yeah?

Excellent summary.

The whole thing was bizarre, and I'm frankly surprised that GMA would have countenanced it, especially given the effort that Team BM went to mimic the clothes, seating arrangements and even griefy-ish colours of the classical family of victims while failing utterly to manage their actual internal temperatures, facial expressions and language. They couldn't manage for more than a few seconds to shift the focus to Suzanne, and looked irritated when doing it. This was very much the Barry Morphew Freedom Tour.

But, as others have ably noted, with the brilliant blend of mischievous wit and righteous anger that has long been part of these threads, this was also a threat, and a clear statement of intent, warning off further prosecutions and presenting the family as a united front led by the biggest, strongest, most dangerous mountain lion of all. Barry will have his way. Until he can't.

Well, exactly.

errr. yeah?
Can you/one say, it happened to be in the GMA studio like it had been perhaps at home: three people ("a family!") against a missing ex-family member? If not "against", then in any case not FOR the missing ex-family member??

Even if MM2 told her mother, she should file for divorce and put a restraining order on BM - MM2 may have said it only as an answer to her mother's complaints, which she found boring to hear every time. I have children; they are fast with their solution to problems often (as long as not their own problems), because they don't want to hear of it any more time.

Excellent summary.

The whole thing was bizarre, and I'm frankly surprised that GMA would have countenanced it, especially given the effort that Team BM went to mimic the clothes, seating arrangements and even griefy-ish colours of the classical family of victims while failing utterly to manage their actual internal temperatures, facial expressions and language. They couldn't manage for more than a few seconds to shift the focus to Suzanne, and looked irritated when doing it. This was very much the Barry Morphew Freedom Tour.

But, as others have ably noted, with the brilliant blend of mischievous wit and righteous anger that has long been part of these threads, this was also a threat, and a clear statement of intent, warning off further prosecutions and presenting the family as a united front led by the biggest, strongest, most dangerous mountain lion of all. Barry will have his way. Until he can't.

Well, exactly.

Yes - I think they hit the wrong note completely

Barry looked rough as hell - like bottle of gin a night bad.

Nothing says " I want to find my wife" like selling her car, house, moving, and picking up a girlfriend. Of course, this is after another questionable judges decision to grant power of attorney to a suspected murderer.

Nothing says " I want to find my wife" like selling her car, house, moving, and picking up a girlfriend. Of course, this is after another questionable judges decision to grant power of attorney to a suspected murderer.
Not to mention that this mammoth liquidation to cash resulted in a mass transfer of wealth to the defense attorneys....in return for a kiss, notwithstanding. The prosecution's do-over needs to be entirely competent, thorough and convincing.

Unfortunately, it may snow 10-20” Friday and Saturday. It’s so dry and windy here, it’s like a dust bowl this spring. Maybe it’ll dump snow all over Colorado, but keep Salida’s mountain areas dry. Fingers crossed, both hands.

Can you/one say, it happened to be in the GMA studio like it had been perhaps at home: three people ("a family!") against a missing ex-family member? If not "against", then in any case not FOR the missing ex-family member??
RSBM- I have long wondered about the family dynamics BEFORE Suzanne went missing. It's the only way I can make sense of the behavior AFTER she went missing. I also think BM was treated this way in his own family of origin.

When you look at this type of lifelong pattern, it explains why he thought he could offer up his ridiculous explanations and they wouldn't be questioned.

Last edited:
RSBM- I have long wondered about the family dynamics BEFORE Suzanne went missing. It's the only way I can make sense of the behavior AFTER she went missing. I also think BM was treated this way in his own family of origin.

When you look at this type of lifelong pattern, it explains why he thought he could offer up his ridiculous explanations and they wouldn't be questioned.
If I recall, one of Barry’s personal friends said as much. He said that it was known among their friend group that Barry was a prolific liar. He said it wasn’t worth the trouble to try to correct Barry’s lies, so they’d all just sort of go along with it.

Snow or not, I don't believe, they will find Suzanne. Why should they?
Either there is substance to the prosecution's statement about closing in on the area of SM's body....or it represents one of most irresponsible prosecutorial blunders I've seen since Kyle Rittenhouse's prosecutor pointed a rifle at the jury. I say that because the defense will milk it to death.

Either there is substance to the prosecution's statement about closing in on the area of SM's body....or it represents one of most irresponsible prosecutorial blunders I've seen since Kyle Rittenhouse's prosecutor pointed a rifle at the jury. I say that because the defense will milk it to death.
I have concerns about that statement from the prosecution. The defense had been impressive and offensive all at once. I always hoped for more from the state’s team, and never got there. I would be fine with a fresh set of eyes on the case, further down the road. I’ve seen so many times where the DA keeps telling investigators they need more before they are ready to pull the trigger. If it takes years, it takes years. At least Barry had to spend a ton of dough to stay on the outside for now. He will get his, one way or another. Religious man that he is, I would worry if I were him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa