Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w prejudice* #104

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost mid-August.

Based on what LS said back in April (snow melt), I expected to hear something by now. I believed LE had some evidence, substantial in nature, which indicated they really knew something concrete and would find Suzanne.

That was a very bold statement to make publicly. Was it untrue?

Maybe they believed they had something, but they didn't find s..., IMO we would have heard by now.

I don’t dispute that there maybe needed to be consequences for deadlines being missed but what, and I know I’ve said this before, I just cannot get my head round is why that should impact on justice for Suzanne. Or, if Barry’s supporters may prefer, justice for the truth.

For instance, as nyvictoria says, barring the experts. How can that ever be considered fair to the truth?

If defence missed deadlines, would the judge have said ok now here’s your punishment - you can’t refer to …. (ok, struggling to find anything in evidence that exonerates Barry at this point!) But you get my point.
Always the search for the facts and truths. That should be the minimum we as a country should do for people accused of crimes and prosecutors should be held to the highest standards. We have one of the highest prison rates in the world and that speaks volumes about the number of people imprisoned. We as a country imprison far more people than the volume of people who escape imprisonment. "Justice" is a system that honors the facts, truths and laws...prosecutors who do their jobs, judges who only set precedents that can withstand appeals and defense attorneys who fight for their clients. It is possible LS could have appealed but there were other problems with the largely speculative case and she did the right thing by getting a dismissal knowing their were other issues. I respect Dan May as a DA, but he probably did not know all the facts and evidence or the detailed history of this case. I have confidence that if there is a case that can withstand and be strong enough in court against a vigorous defense and is tried honorably, factually and in totality it will happen in the future sometime.

That’s surprising. Wonder what the back story is.
Perhaps HM&F have been hoping to bring Dru over, as she has a skill set they value and complements their firm. They speak highly of her in this article. JMO

Defense attorney Pamela Mackey of Haddon Morgan and Foreman says there are a lot of people in Denver with terrific legal skills, but not everyone will accept her 2 a.m. phone call or take care of their clients’ emotional needs the way Eytan and Nielsen do.

“Dru is calm, meticulous and has outstanding judgment,” Mackey says. “Iris is passionate, wildly emotional, very very intense, and can be over the top. She’s a force to be reckoned with. You have to step back when Iris is on a terror.

“They’re extremely different people who complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses.”

As an aside, Mackey suggests talking to the women separately. “Dru can hardly get a word in edgewise,” she says.

I remain hopeful that they did search an area and did recover something, which is in a lab awaiting testing.

Suzanne deserves to be found.

Sadly so many cases involve relocated remains.

Wherever hers are, may they be revealed.

JMO
I agree. I think whatever they have done was going to be VERY hush hush. I don't think what is left of Suzanne is going to be something that could be identified quickly. Based on what Barry threw away, I am wondering if he left her naked so there wouldn't even be clothing to find and trace back to her.

I keep thinking about all the things he threw away and if the investigators just had access to even one of those bags of trash to prove his little "cleaning out the truck all over town" lie was really him disposing of all the evidence of him killing her.

That’s surprising. Wonder what the back story is.
From their original bios you could see that while they had common interests but Dru Nielsen had other different interests in her bio. My guess is she wanted a partnership in a larger firm with more diverse clients and diverse litigation and perhaps more $$. I agree they did seem to compliment each other with their styles for their joint practice.

From their original bios you could see that while they had common interests but Dru Nielsen had other different interests in her bio. My guess is she wanted a partnership in a larger firm with more diverse clients and diverse litigation and perhaps more $$. I agree they did seem to compliment each other with their styles for their joint practice.
I could also understand how Dru’s “calm, meticulous judgment” could be worn out by Iris’s intensity, if that’s really the case.

Perhaps HM&F have been hoping to bring Dru over, as she has a skill set they value and complements their firm. They speak highly of her in this article. JMO

Defense attorney Pamela Mackey of Haddon Morgan and Foreman says there are a lot of people in Denver with terrific legal skills, but not everyone will accept her 2 a.m. phone call or take care of their clients’ emotional needs the way Eytan and Nielsen do.

“Dru is calm, meticulous and has outstanding judgment,” Mackey says. “Iris is passionate, wildly emotional, very very intense, and can be over the top. She’s a force to be reckoned with. You have to step back when Iris is on a terror.

“They’re extremely different people who complement each other’s strengths and weaknesses.”

As an aside, Mackey suggests talking to the women separately. “Dru can hardly get a word in edgewise,” she says.
That’s what I think. Iris is exhausting and it’s a well spring of aggression.

^ ^ b & it bm ^ ^
Where Oh where is that, "Why am I not surprised", emoticon :rolleyes: ?

From IE’s Link: I am currently in pursuit of reforming the criminal legal system to holding prosecutors accountable for the nationwide epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct leading to many innocent people being wrongly prosecuted and convicted. The project is called Protect Ethical Prosecutors (PEP) and will be launched very soon.

From IE’s Link: I am currently in pursuit of reforming the criminal legal system to holding prosecutors accountable for the nationwide epidemic of prosecutorial misconduct leading to many innocent people being wrongly prosecuted and convicted. The project is called Protect Ethical Prosecutors (PEP) and will be launched very soon.
While she’s at it, how about holding defense attorneys to a higher standard as well, including herself. Spouting half truths and blatant fabrications doesn’t exactly elevate her to high moral ground. Stating BM is innocent (rolling my eyes), that lies and perjury were commited ”to get Mr. Morphew wrongfully convicted (more eye rolling), ”critical” DNA evidence was ignored by the prosecution (nonsense), not an “ounce” of evidence against BM (more nonsense) and then attacks a credible, respected journalist, blaming her and others for BM not being able to get a fair trial. Oh, let’s not forget, ”Barry Morphew loves her and misses her.” Seriously, after watching this again, I need a bucket!

MOO, JMO and all that .

While she’s at it, how about holding defense attorneys to a higher standard as well, including herself. Spouting half truths and blatant fabrications doesn’t exactly elevate her to high moral ground. Stating BM is innocent (rolling my eyes), that lies and perjury were commited ”to get Mr. Morphew wrongfully convicted (more eye rolling), ”critical” DNA evidence was ignored by the prosecution (nonsense), not an “ounce” of evidence against BM (more nonsense) and then attacks a credible, respected journalist, blaming her and others for BM not being able to get a fair trial. Oh, let’s not forget, ”Barry Morphew loves her and misses her.” Seriously, after watching this again, I need a bucket!

MOO, JMO and all that .
Priceless. Something about the pot calling the kettle black, I believe? Anyway, crusades cost a lot of money. Something BM should keep in mind when employing an attorney who may be his match in terms of self-interest and hubris.
JMO

That’s what I think. Iris is exhausting and it’s a well spring of aggression.
With due deference to that classic, Casablanca, and Captain Louis Renault's (Claude Raines) exclamation:

"I am shocked. SHOCKED! ...to learn that...!"
watch
Just as I was as well...
Shocked. SHOCKED! to learn... that typhoo' Iris and I graduated from the same law school :eek:!

Aggressive?
How well I recall the women in the class of "76, USD Law, entering as classmates in August '73, and which, collectively, shocked me. The on-their-sleeve-hostility many of the [refreshingly] well-numbered entering females seemed [to me] to bear toward their opposite gender classmates was palpable. Generally speaking, for sure. IMO, then & still.

Now I was six years senior to most of these women's recently under-grad(uated) male peers, and maybe that's how, on discovering that, [despite a fortuitous youthful appearance belying my age (28) and (presumed?) maturity], I was able to enjoy very amiable friendships with a goodly number of these younger women classmates. [I was even able, for example, to talk one of the women to consider applying during her second year for a commission in the Navy's JAG Corps. She did; was accepted; I later served with her in the Philippines, and years later met on an official matter with her at CINCUSNAVEUR HQ in London, she then wearing more gold braid than I did at my retirement from Bermuda the previous year! She was neither aggressive nor hostile to me, way-back then, or at that time. KUDOS to us both, perhaps :)?

So, ico The Iris o_O?
Honestly, as a fellow alumnus, albeit decades later, I'd truly like to sit down ...and to chat with her.
The former, if possible; the latter, if plausible.
Most civilly and respectfully,
'Gentlewoman and Scholar', with 'Officer and Gentleman'.

With due deference to that classic, Casablanca, and Captain Louis Renault's (Claude Raines) exclamation:

"I am shocked. SHOCKED! ...to learn that...!"
watch
Just as I was as well...
Shocked. SHOCKED! to learn... that typhoo' Iris and I graduated from the same law school :eek:!

Aggressive?
How well I recall the women in the class of "76, USD Law, entering as classmates in August '73, and which, collectively, shocked me. The on-their-sleeve-hostility many of the [refreshingly] well-numbered entering females seemed [to me] to bear toward their opposite gender classmates was palpable. Generally speaking, for sure. IMO, then & still.

Now I was six years senior to most of these women's recently under-grad(uated) male peers, and maybe that's how, on discovering that, [despite a fortuitous youthful appearance belying my age (28) and (presumed?) maturity], I was able to enjoy very amiable friendships with a goodly number of these younger women classmates. [I was even able, for example, to talk one of the women to consider applying during her second year for a commission in the Navy's JAG Corps. She did; was accepted; I later served with her in the Philippines, and years later met on an official matter with her at CINCUSNAVEUR HQ in London, she then wearing more gold braid than I did at my retirement from Bermuda the previous year! She was neither aggressive nor hostile to me, way-back then, or at that time. KUDOS to us both, perhaps :)?

So, ico The Iris o_O?
Honestly, as a fellow alumnus, albeit decades later, I'd truly like to sit down ...and to chat with her.
The former, if possible; the latter, if plausible.
Most civilly and respectfully,
'Gentlewoman and Scholar', with 'Officer and Gentleman'.
IE does the constant email and requests etc.
LS seemed too short on experience to know she needed to assign one whole FTE deputy to firewall and manage the incoming from the whirling dervish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆