Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tumbleweed, did Mark Hurlbert say this on the WebEx from Oct 25th? Or is there a written document where he is quoted saying this?
He said this during the hearing on Oct 25th. I watched it live, but you can watch a video of the webex of the hearing. I can't post a link here but if you search YT for something like BARRY DENIED, you can find it.

Last edited:
According to LS's youtube recap of the Motions hearing, after BM's defense attorney IE spoke for about 20 minutes, Prosecutor Hurlbert addressed the court for about 6 minutes where he did say that the State does not need SM's body to prosecute her murder case.

Hurlbert also cited the following 40-year case below that was solved by advancements with DNA that Hulbert told the court can also happen here, and why the state should not release BM's property held in evidence.

At the conclusion of the prosecution's argument, the Judge immediately denied the defense's motion (as if not to give IE an opportunity to interject any further comment, per LS).

Coincidentally, Judge Groome precided over this 40-year case cited by Hulbert and was prosecuted by Linda Stanley.

The convicted defendant, Alan Phillips, arrested last year for the 1982 homicides, will be sentenced on Nov 7.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/crime/murder-conviction-alan-lee-phillips/73-187976c6-92e2-42e2-9164-1d25f6cfd58c
Thank you for clarifying

<modsnip: This post has been removed. It is a violation of the law to broadcast this recording.>

ADMIN NOTE:

Thanks to Seattle1, a reminder that Colorado Court has strict policy that court proceedings including WEBEX cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast or face contempt charges.
Bumping Mods reminder from the first thread page that Colorado's WebEx cannot be filmed/recorded/rebroadcast so be sure to watch elsewhere and keep it there, not here. :)

I have a couple of Nerf guns my grandkids aren’t playing with anymore, maybe they would pacify the Duke of Haggard, lol! Take THAT IE!! :p
I believe I may have a water pistol somewhere, Barry can have that too! Perhaps we could start a campaign to build a whole arsenal for him? :)

Last edited:
According to LS's youtube recap of the Motions hearing, after BM's defense attorney IE spoke for about 20 minutes, Prosecutor Hurlbert addressed the court for about 6 minutes where he did say that the State does not need SM's body to prosecute her murder case.

Hurlbert also cited the following 40-year case below that was solved by advancements with DNA that Hulbert told the court can also happen here, and why the state should not release BM's property held in evidence.

At the conclusion of the prosecution's argument, the Judge immediately denied the defense's motion (as if not to give IE an opportunity to interject any further comment, per LS).

Coincidentally, Judge Groome precided over this 40-year case cited by Hulbert and was prosecuted by Linda Stanley.

The convicted defendant, Alan Phillips, arrested last year for the 1982 homicides, will be sentenced on Nov 7.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/crime/murder-conviction-alan-lee-phillips/73-187976c6-92e2-42e2-9164-1d25f6cfd58c

I do wonder if they might be doing more advanced analysis on the digital side?

Linda Stanley is being investigated by Colorado Supreme Court, Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel (ARC). Typically, information on investigations is private, so it’s interesting that this is in the news.

Last edited:
Linda Stanley is being investigated by Colorado Supreme Court, Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel (ARC). Typically, information on investigations is private, so it’s interesting that this is in the news.

Linda Stanely has some interesting political allies that have a few legal issues themselves right now. I wonder if this could be related?

Linda Stanely has some interesting political allies that have a few legal issues themselves right now. I wonder if this could be related?
I was never sure if her competency issues were blown out of proportion by Barry’s supporters or if she did, in fact, have competency issues. There always seemed to be a lot of drama and missteps, but I haven’t followed many cases and I don’t know what is the “normal” expected level of drama. Or maybe you’re right and it‘s political in nature.

For the article to conflate IE's criticisms with the ARC investigation is irresponsible. Insinuations are not facts.

What are the facts?

Could be a greater problem than we suspect or it could be a political nothing-burger.

9News needs to do better IMO.

Color me surprised...or not. She ruined this case, absolutely bungled it. I wonder if IE alerted the ARC or if they unilaterally decided to investigate Linda?

For the article to conflate IE's criticisms with the ARC investigation is irresponsible. Insinuations are not facts.

What are the facts?

Could be a greater problem than we suspect or it could be a political nothing-burger.

9News needs to do better IMO.
Yes!!! Iris figures largely in the article! I wonder if some of this could be laying the groundwork for Barry’s civil lawsuit?

Yes!!! Iris figures largely in the article! I wonder if some of this could be laying the groundwork for Barry’s civil lawsuit?
That doesn't excite me. Having BM reincarcerated FOR LIFE would do it, though.

Let's remember a beloved woman of only 49 with two daughters navigating adulthood without her is still awaiting justice.

Any actions that detract from that are worthless in my estimation.

MOO

Let's remember a beloved woman of only 49 with two daughters navigating adulthood without her is still awaiting justice.

MOO
I agree. It’s heartbreaking that Suzanne has had no justice. I’m still hopeful for a re-prosecution.

MOO
What makes it news worthy for the station is that she was the DA in charge originally on the Morphew case. People following that news knew that she requested the case be dismissed “because they were close to finding the body.” Interviewing IE simply filled in blanks along with the threat of a civil suit. We the public do not know who else was interviewed or the scope of the grievances that preceeded the judicial review. If Ms. Stanley is exonerated I am sure she will make sure Colorado public know. If she is sanctioned I am sure IE will let everyone know LOL.

Color me surprised...or not. She ruined this case, absolutely bungled it. I wonder if IE alerted the ARC or if they unilaterally decided to investigate Linda?
From the article:

"Eytan has spoken out against Stanley for months, arguing that her client was wrongly charged. She said the ARC interviewed her on Friday in connection with the investigation into Stanley. Eytan said she did not file the complaint that is currently being investigated but plans to file a separate one."

It sounds like this investigation isn't based on IE's complaint since she hasn't filed it yet. So either someone else filed a complaint, or ARC initiated the investigation themselves (not sure if they do that though).

From the article (bolding by me) :

In a statement, the Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel told 9NEWS, "I can confirm that our office is investigating Linda Stanley based on allegations that have become publicly known." …The office does not elaborate on the parameters or details of active investigations.
While we don’t know what the investigation centers around, Eytan said she provided information about the Morphew case in particular.

So, I guess its entirely possible IMO that Eytan is the party making the investigation publicaly known. Would that shock anyone ? Also since we have no idea what the investigation centers around per 9NEWS, they certainly spent the better part of their article reporting on Eytan rehashing all her" greatet hits" regarding the wrong doings of Stanley and the prosecution for the Morphew case. It makes it seem like the investigation of LS centers around the Morphew case when in reality no one really knows what the investigation is about.

Also Eytan says she did not file the complaint? How am I to believe anything that woman says after following this case all this time IMO- maybe she did maybe she didn't. Maybe somebody else from her office filed it or not.

Eytan says she provided information about the Morphew case in particular. Eytan does not say she was asked any questions about the Morphew case, just that she provided info on the case.

Whether, whatever LS is being investigated for is real or not is up to the ARC to decide. I have no idea. But IMO IE is up to her usual hijunks and innuendo.
Just all my opinion

From the article:

"Eytan has spoken out against Stanley for months, arguing that her client was wrongly charged. She said the ARC interviewed her on Friday in connection with the investigation into Stanley. Eytan said she did not file the complaint that is currently being investigated but plans to file a separate one."

It sounds like this investigation isn't based on IE's complaint since she hasn't filed it yet. So either someone else filed a complaint, or ARC initiated the investigation themselves (not sure if they do that though).
That was my understanding from the news clip also. It was a bonus for the station that she could say she had been interviewed during this judicial investigation. Clearly from what we know there are several people that could believe she mishandled the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy