Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go back to this: Barry was offgrid between roughly 11pm and 3am. Either he was asleep (doubtful IMO) or he wasn't.

4 hours.

Unless he drove 2 hrs to somewhere and back, I think he wasn't all that far away, although even a half hr radius provides about a million clandestine burial locations.

He needed four hours. How fast could Barry field dress a deer? Barry tracked animals, including the mountain lion. Bet he knows exactly how long it takes (4 legged) predators to strip a carcass. Serve up dinner for mountain lion, top it with a top cut steak, cover your tracks with corn and let wildlife do the rest.

Too soon? If Suzanne had been found in the first couple of days, voila, mountain lion got her. After a week, nothing left... and also nothing found. Pivot to "whoever's got her".

Look at it this way.

He's a hunter, his whole life.

What would he have done, had he killed a bull elk? Or a doe...

So the questions remains: where's your wife, Barry? And where are your coolers?

There is no honor in getting away with murder.

JMO
He was at the beach site in the middle of the night on May 9th. Mary Branson heard loud machinery that night but when she went out to see what the noise was it stopped. What was he doing there? Up to no good.

JMO

He was at the beach site in the middle of the night on May 9th. Mary Branson heard loud machinery that night but when she went out to see what the noise was it stopped. What was he doing there? Up to no good.

JMO
What was he doing there, if it was him, and who was there also, because the woman, who was disturbed while sleeping, heard the voices of at least 2 people. Man and woman - do I remember well?

What was he doing there, if it was him, and who was there also, because the woman, who was disturbed while sleeping, heard the voices of at least 2 people. Man and woman - do I remember well?
IIRC, there was a MSM interview at the river property location, and one of the residents (can't recall who, maybe the son of a resident? I also believe he was off camera?) did say they heard the voice of a man AND a woman, that night. I'm not sure whatever happened to that interview, but a lot of folks (myself included) did hear it.

You remember well! JMO, but it could have been SD. I'm a believer SD and BM met at the dumpster well before they claimed to have met, but did they really meet at the dumpster?

JMO

And while we wait, a reminder that there is no statute of limitation for murder:

February 1982, Cathleen Krauseneck's then-husband came home from work and found his wife in their bed with an ax stuck in her forehead. Their toddler was alone all day with her dead mother. No DNA evidence, only an estimated time of death that included the time before James Krauseneck left for work to several hours after he left for work.

Members of the Brighton, NY PD, and the prosecutor's office, carried with them what happened to the 29-year-old mom and wife for decades, and in 2015, the FBI, Brighton PD, Monroe County Crime Lab, and forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden started reviewing newer studies on narrowing the time of death.

In Nov 2019, DA Doorley announced James Krauseneck was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of his wife, Cathleen. He was arrested in Washington State where he'd long since made the state his home.

On Sept 26, 2022, 40 years after he stuck an ax in Cathleen's head while she slept before he headed off to work, a jury found the now 70-year-old husband guilty of killing his wife. He'll be sentenced on November 7.

And the defense wants to appeal on the grounds that the prosecution wasn't justified in waiting 37 years to bring the indictment. Yeah, good luck with challenging that murder charges are time-barred!

In an email to PEOPLE, James' attorney Michael Wolford said, "We are confident that the conviction will be set aside by the appellate court on the grounds that the prosecution was not justified in waiting 37 years to bring this indictment.

"There was no new evidence, simply a new opinion by Dr. Baden."
Wow! That’s quite amazing. But when I wrote I might want him to get “comfortable” I wasn’t thinking 37 years comfortable :oops:! I won’t be here in 37 years and I really do want to see him incarcerated again…..permanently!

Just wondering. Since charges were dismissed without prejudice, and since the GMA (?) Interview, where the 3 Morphew family members were present, and publicly stating that they will not stop looking for Suzanne - has there been any searches/fresh appeals too witnesses, in fact, anything, from any of them?
Because I can't find anything. At all.

Also, isn't it nearly time for SD and BM to share an evening of memories as Dumpsterversary Day approaches? Pretty sure it was around 25th October 2020 when they first met at a dumpster ? But will say moo, jmo as I can't remember exact date.

Moo

Just wondering. Since charges were dismissed without prejudice, and since the GMA (?) Interview, where the 3 Morphew family members were present, and publicly stating that they will not stop looking for Suzanne - has there been any searches/fresh appeals too witnesses, in fact, anything, from any of them?

Also, isn't it nearly time for SD and BM to share an evening of memories as Dumpsterversary Day approaches? Pretty sure it was around 25th October 2020 when they first met at a dumpster ? But will say moo, jmo as I can't remember exact date.

Moo
You're not alone. I'm pretty sure BM and SD can't remember the exact date either.

He does love a good dumpster though do maybe that part of the story (where they met, not when they met) is true.

JMO

I remain stuck on the 4 hours. What was he doing for those 4 hours?

If he wasn't driving, he was doing something.

Rolling back the stone on a sealed mine?

Hiking a couple miles up a mountain?

Planting a tree?

Field dressing a doe?

It was time-consuming, whatever it was.

JMO

Indeed, @Megnut...
What was he doing??

I remain of the belief that, having commenced/completed Operation Soon-to-be Former Spouse, but earlier than [cunningly] planned, BM's head was spinning nearly out of control. (Proto: IE on steroids:eek:?)
So much to do; so little time to do it.

Barry boy, ya'gotta...
- revise
- modify
- rework
- complete
- re-script
- "trouble-shoot",
- et cetera.!!

Virtually every former aspect of the deed and its obfuscation had to be altered post haste; then
critiqued, addressing potential pitfalls, inconsistancies, etc.
IMO, this would be too much for even (1) the most astute criminal genius to undertake, let alone (2) doing so successfully.
Which - btw - our prime suspect (1) was not, and (2) did not do. ->o_O<-

{As well, and nota bene: Could this explain his impulsive, {I suggest compulsive}, babbling with LE, [+ everyone else whom he believed might benefit him by advancing his version(s) of 9-10 May 2020]? Knowing that prevarication had been the keystone of his unqualified financial success and social esteem, I submit that Barry, incapable of re-inventing himself, had nowhere to go but to embellish/wing-it from almost the get-go.

Afterall - ran barythink - it would be a likely lock to 'prove' his own innocence... most assuredly... and do so beyond the reasonable doubt of any one of these keystone kops.

He'd succeeded in this tack, many of us opine, for most of his life. And so, he persisted quite comfortably in his facade until he was manacled over a year later. And so, our gored El Buffador Supremo is carried unceremoniously from the Ring.

Olé !
:p
-------------------------------------------------------------
All flowing from our protagonist's fatal flaw: Ego *
---------------------------------------------------
Cuckholded by some where/whoever-he-is "Jeff" person, Suzanne's insubordinate new verve and sense-of-self, her immoral inattention to his husbandly needs, the resolve and pace with which his wife was setting the table for her imminent, ungrateful, sinful desertion - and obtw his public humiliation...
In essence, this looming failure - likely perceived by Barry as a virtual first in his life - to wit: his impotence in controlling Suzanne's imminent, new life -
- triggered in him irresistible, blind rage and quite likely uncontrollable violence.
Ghastly.

[No.I'm Barry Morphew and none of is going to happen. I shall continue to "keep" the presently distracted love of my life, Suzanne. True, not sharing our earthly lives as we have, but, and as our mutual god allows, keeping her free from sin until we resume our shared lives in heaven].
Rubbish.
Ego, for sure.
IMHO,
Likewise all of the prose above.
Adding just this last shot:

Barry remained proximate to his crime scene.
Too much, by far, on his plate.
Wholely new processes to conjugate.
Be no dilly-dallying.
Not enough time.
Roughly finish things right here and be done with it. Jack-up the 350 and crank-on some distracting telemetrics - 14 or so miles to nowhere?... worth a try...opening closing doors/windows while loading to-be-trashed-later bags of domestic stuff.
No time.
Need to get away from here if I'm to think more clealrly.
Forget perfection. Shakespeare
Perfection's an off- budget luxury.
--------------------------------------------------------------

And playing-off former President Harry Truman's observation re. the congruence of past with present...

There's nothing new on either human nature or 'fatal' flaws
that's not been tragified by the Bard.
Apart (perhaps?) from those writings which,
despite being assigned reading,
you may have disrespectfully 'Cliff-Note'd
:eek:

Attachments

• 1665353216855.png
    1665353216855.png
    161 bytes · Views: 10

Moo

As to your first question: no. 100%, entirely, completely, utterly no. There have been approximately ZERO searches or appeals to witnesses, from any of the family members you've asked about, that I have seen in any of the MSM I follow on this (and I follow all, via google alerts). If they're looking, they're doing it privately.

Did BM have help when moving SM's remains? Did he tell the alleged helper that he was disposing of deceased chipmunks, turkeys, elks or whatever he shot on May 9th?

I agree with @GOBliaison 's above post; IMO, he was running around doing damage control for the four hours after she was deceased. I would not be surprised if he had some poor, unwitting person's help.

I've always wondered.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
As to your first question: no. 100%, entirely, completely, utterly no. There have been approximately ZERO searches or appeals to witnesses, from any of the family members you've asked about, that I have seen in any of the MSM I follow on this (and I follow all, via google alerts). If they're looking, they're doing it privately.

That makes me really sad for Suzanne.

And while we wait, a reminder that there is no statute of limitation for murder:

February 1982, Cathleen Krauseneck's then-husband came home from work and found his wife in their bed with an ax stuck in her forehead. Their toddler was alone all day with her dead mother. No DNA evidence, only an estimated time of death that included the time before James Krauseneck left for work to several hours after he left for work.

Members of the Brighton, NY PD, and the prosecutor's office, carried with them what happened to the 29-year-old mom and wife for decades, and in 2015, the FBI, Brighton PD, Monroe County Crime Lab, and forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Baden started reviewing newer studies on narrowing the time of death.

In Nov 2019, DA Doorley announced James Krauseneck was indicted by a grand jury for the murder of his wife, Cathleen. He was arrested in Washington State where he'd long since made the state his home.

On Sept 26, 2022, 40 years after he stuck an ax in Cathleen's head while she slept before he headed off to work, a jury found the now 70-year-old husband guilty of killing his wife. He'll be sentenced on November 7.

And the defense wants to appeal on the grounds that the prosecution wasn't justified in waiting 37 years to bring the indictment. Yeah, good luck with challenging that murder charges are time-barred!

In an email to PEOPLE, James' attorney Michael Wolford said, "We are confident that the conviction will be set aside by the appellate court on the grounds that the prosecution was not justified in waiting 37 years to bring this indictment.

"There was no new evidence, simply a new opinion by Dr. Baden."
But every day or year that the prosecution waits only puts a knife in the heart of Suzanne’s loved ones and friends. The prosecutor let us believe it was an airtight case, even though it was a no body case. I believe it still is. But somehow, the judge “appeared” to be in favor of the defense and maybe has some personal animosity toward the prosecutor, and then gutted her expert witnesses. I wil never forget that. He could have sanctioned her harshly but gut her witnesses? That was too obvious. Glad there will be a new judge. Maybe we even have to wait for a new DA before charges are brought again.

But every day or year that the prosecution waits only puts a knife in the heart of Suzanne’s loved ones and friends. The prosecutor let us believe it was an airtight case, even though it was a no body case. I believe it still is. But somehow, the judge “appeared” to be in favor of the defense and maybe has some personal animosity toward the prosecutor, and then gutted her expert witnesses. I wil never forget that. He could have sanctioned her harshly but gut her witnesses? That was too obvious. Glad there will be a new judge. Maybe we even have to wait for a new DA before charges are brought again.
I will never forget, that it was my first case, where the Sheriff cared for press black out for 12 months or more (??), and I was very impressed by that tactic (albeit impatient ;)). Exactly therefore I thought, the case would be stab and puncture resistant, when the time for an arrest would come. I'm disappointed now. I even thought, the case was handled in this manner, because Delphi/IN played an important role - but nothing. I don't know, what to think of it.

A thread was just created by @phantomstrider for remains found in Weld County in April, just recently added into NAMUS.

Remains were skeletal but ID'd as white female age range 30-58.

Weld County is close to Broomfield.

Did we already know about these remains and were they ruled out as being SM? Or could it be?

A thread was just created by @phantomstrider for remains found in Weld County in April, just recently added into NAMUS.

Remains were skeletal but ID'd as white female age range 30-58.

Weld County is close to Broomfield.

Did we already know about these remains and were they ruled out as being SM? Or could it be?
Looking at the clothing on the NAMUS link, I would say no. I am surprised it doesn't note DNA extraction.

Looking at the clothing on the NAMUS link, I would say no. I am surprised it doesn't note DNA extraction.
Ah, thank you, I didn't scroll far enough to see the clothing description. Plus if it were her I didn't think it would go unidentified for six months. (not that it should take that long for whoever it IS)

Agree about DNA -- you'd think in this age of online DNA databases all UIDs would have that done to assist in identification. MOO

Ah, thank you, I didn't scroll far enough to see the clothing description. Plus if it were her I didn't think it would go unidentified for six months. (not that it should take that long for whoever it IS)

Agree about DNA -- you'd think in this age of online DNA databases all UIDs would have that done to assist in identification. MOO
Yes, you would hope so, but I guess it may be an expense the county does not want to incur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie