Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did BM have help when moving SM's remains? Did he tell the alleged helper that he was disposing of deceased chipmunks, turkeys, elks or whatever he shot on May 9th?

I agree with @GOBliaison 's above post; IMO, he was running around doing damage control for the four hours after she was deceased. I would not be surprised if he had some poor, unwitting person's help.

I've always wondered.

JMVHO.
I have speculated about help since the early months. The saddest is another winter is descending on the Rockies and Suzanne has not turned up anywhere :-(

Gosh how I wish SM remains’ are located soon.

I’ve always felt that BM either buried SM in a deep (possibly pre-dug) hole somewhere in the mountains up in back of the PP home, or disposed of her in an undocumented abandoned mine he knew of from his hunting trips, and possibly used either an ATV or the older non-GPS Range Rover for transport. I remember some people theorized early on that BM possibly dismembered SM after killing her and though I never thought he dismembered her for many reasons such as not having enough time and dismemberment being messy and would leave a lot of evidence behind, I’ve been thinking more about this theory lately. Since BM was an avid and skilled hunter and likely had tools for cutting up animals at his disposal, wonder, does anyone still think it’s possible he could’ve dismembered SM where she was so tiny maybe with his vast experience of cutting/quartering animals he could’ve dismembered her quite expeditiously and disposed/buried her parts deep in coolers? But where would he have cut her up and cleaned up every scintilla of evidence something like that would leave behind? Dismembered down by the river and either buried dismemberment tools or disposed of them during his Broomfield trash/dumpster expeditions? The thought of dismemberment makes my stomach turn, it’s pretty rare and I really still don’t think BM dismembered Suzanne and buried or scattered her in parts in place(s) unknown. Dismemberment is whole other level and imo he really didn’t need to go to that extreme. It’s an outlier for sure and it’s only his hunting experience/cutting up animals that gives me slight pause but again, really don’t think it’s plausible BM dismembered SM.

The other outlier theory I’ve been rethinking is if BM possibly had an accomplice that he handed SM off to and that person transported/disposed of SM to some predetermined or pre-dug burial spot in polar opposite direction of PP home and route to Broomfield. I’ve always thought BM did this, all of it, alone and if anything maybe used some unwitting accomplice i.e., possibly borrowed someone else’s vehicle/helped himself to another vehicle he had access to to transport and dispose SM’s remains but idk maybe he did hand her off to a complicit accomplice and that person is either unknown, in his close circle (burner phones?) and staying quiet/hasn’t been exposed or come forward.

I know LE examined SD’s phone and caught her deleting text messages from BM. I wonder if her vehicle or any vehicles she had access to, or any other players’ vehicles (GD?, TN?, ?) were considered and/or checked out. Never heard that LE were looking at that angle but possibly that’s something they’re looking into now and keeping it quiet?

Just some of my ramblings and food for thought while we wait for some ‘new’ news.

Still hoping and praying for a miracle Suzanne’s remains will be located soon.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE
Does anyone know if LE was able to subpoena SD’s phone records with Barry or would that be legal?

Really hope the link works and shows all the defense exhibits, mainly email communication but some interesting things, moo

Posting just for a refresh and in case no one has seen these, which is probably very unlikely
I had not seen this and thank you. I have to say that Mark Hurlburt certainly replied quickly to emails he received from Iris.

I find it encouraging that a Tennessee grand jury indicted the husband of Karen Swift. She went missing after filing for divorce in the Fall of 2011, leaving two young daughters and two college age sons motherless. According to the WS discussion, one of the daughters - who must now be about 20 - is listed as a witness for the prosecution. In that case, it took over a decade just to make the arrest, even though the circumstances led LE to focus on the husband from the outset.

This illustrates that: (1) LE does not give up on these cases; and (2) with maturity even children of can change perspective.

I have said that it may take more than one season of searching to find SM's remains, and it looks like this season is coming to a close. I remain hopeful that SM's killer will be brought to justice.

I find it encouraging that a Tennessee grand jury indicted the husband of Karen Swift. She went missing after filing for divorce in the Fall of 2011, leaving two young daughters and two college age sons motherless. According to the WS discussion, one of the daughters - who must now be about 20 - is listed as a witness for the prosecution. In that case, it took over a decade just to make the arrest, even though the circumstances led LE to focus on the husband from the outset.

This illustrates that: (1) LE does not give up on these cases; and (2) with maturity even children of can change perspective.

I have said that it may take more than one season of searching to find SM's remains, and it looks like this season is coming to a close. I remain hopeful that SM's killer will be brought to justice.
Good to see you back CGray123!:)

Really hope the link works and shows all the defense exhibits, mainly email communication but some interesting things, moo

Posting just for a refresh and in case no one has seen these, which is probably very unlikely

Thanks, @Lyanna .

Date of next hearing: 10/25/22 (Tuesday)
Time: 3:00 p.m. MDT
Duration: 1 hour

So, hearing is at:
5:00 p.m. EDT
4:00 p.m. CDT
2:00 p.m. PDT

10:00 p.m. in London (10/25/22)
8:00 a.m. 10/26/22 in Canberra, Australia.

Last edited:
This is something I’ve been wondering for some time now…. Could Barry be involved in organised crime? Being protected by dangerous criminals/gangsters? It just seems so odd that no one can pin him down despite all the circumstantial evidence. Judges and law enforcement getting paid off?! All MOO
I’ve been following this case for a very long time now, this is my first post.. I have sent a few messages to members too UK sleuther. Hello.

This is something I’ve been wondering for some time now…. Could Barry be involved in organised crime? Being protected by dangerous criminals/gangsters? It just seems so odd that no one can pin him down despite all the circumstantial evidence. Judges and law enforcement getting paid off?! All MOO
I’ve been following this case for a very long time now, this is my first post.. I have sent a few messages to members too UK sleuther. Hello.
I don’t think so.

Does anyone know if LE was able to subpoena SD’s phone records with Barry or would that be legal?
In December 2021 the Defense filed a Motion to have Judge Patrick Murphy disqualified or recuse himself ( which he did unfortunately) due to him having a personal relationship with an attorney at the firm representing SD on her trespassing charges.

In that Motion the Defense revealed that LE had indeed obtained search warrants for SD’s phone and social media accounts.

See pages 4 and 5 of the Motion.

Also, don’t forget that when LE interviewed SD about her relationship with BM, she deleted items on her phone right in front of them ( according to the arrest affidavit).

Attachments

• 81CB0E4C-C342-4A65-8D81-DB87CC03A666.jpeg
    81CB0E4C-C342-4A65-8D81-DB87CC03A666.jpeg
    52.5 KB · Views: 9
  • B8E6C944-C491-436C-ABF0-EE1B49D29B0A.jpeg
    B8E6C944-C491-436C-ABF0-EE1B49D29B0A.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 53348EA5-555E-43FC-BF1E-5BAABA1D3E31.jpeg
    53348EA5-555E-43FC-BF1E-5BAABA1D3E31.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to Websleuths!

The only really "organized" part of this crime was hiding the body well IMO. The investigation has been thorough & any such links should have been uncovered.

BM has been lucky. Sometimes the quirks of the legal system & circumstantial evidence don't lead to what should be an easy conviction. That does not mean there is a conspiracy or organized crime involvement. It just means fallible human beings have made some forced or unforced errors that have created delays.

Personally, I think BM will be serving a long sentence for the murder of Suzanne. The case is strong even without a body.

This seemingly endless lull in prosecution is tough on those of us long ready for justice. But in the end, those fighting for Suzanne will win. I truly believe that.

JMO

In December 2021 the Defense filed a Motion to have Judge Patrick Murphy disqualified or recuse himself ( which he did unfortunately) due to him having a personal relationship with an attorney at the firm representing SD on her trespassing charges.

In that Motion the Defense revealed that LE had indeed obtained search warrants for SD’s phone and social media accounts.

See pages 4 and 5 of the Motion.

Also, don’t forget that when LE interviewed SD about her relationship with BM, she deleted items on her phone right in front of them ( according to the arrest affidavit).
Thank you! I would love to read the deleted messages.

Thanks for weighing in. Your question is a good one as not all has appeared “straight forward”.

I think any type of affiliation in organized crime, in the American sense of the word, like the “ mob” is probably not a high probability.
But does he or did he belong to a group like the local militia where perhaps other LE have also been involved ? My sense is that is entirely possibly and the topic has been touched upon in the past.
Whatever has gone on in the past may well just be a lot of missteps and just ordinary politics as usual. If ordinary still exits in relation to politics lol. With so many eyes in the case world wide though one would naively hope not.
Moving forward I believe things will be more buttoned up and with less room for sabotage.
It may not happen with this prosecutor. I am in the camp that this case. needs a special prosecutor.
All just imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member