Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry wants his stuff returned. Current DA did not respond to request for comment.

They have Suzanne's Bible in evidence. Makes me so sad for her.

WATCH - Barry Morphew, husband of missing Colorado woman returns to court for motions hearing

#JusticeForSuzanne

There is nothing on for today - but tomorrow...

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
10/25/22
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON MORPHEW, BARRY Motions Hearing D222022CR47 Fremont County Division 3 Courtroom 201

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Tuesday, October 25th:
*Hearing (Fremont County) (@ 3pm MT) - CO – Suzanne Renee Moorman Morphew (49) (missing May 10, 2020, did not return from bike ride (supposedly), Maysville, Chaffee County, not found) - *Barry Lee Morphew (53/now 55) arrested & charged (5/5/21) with 1st degree murder after deliberation, tampering with physical evidence & attempting to influence public servants. And additional charges (5/18/21) of tampering with a deceased human body & possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) & amended (5/18/21) to add domestic violence as sentencing enhancement. (BM is charged with murder & DV enhanced because Colorado does not provide for DV as an independent charge). The possession of a dangerous weapon (short rifle) charge has been severed from other charges. Plead not guilty. $500K Cash only bond. Bonded out on 9/20/21. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 4/28/22Case was dismissed without prejudice on 4/19/22.
*Charged (5/13/21) with felony forgery of public records & misdemeanor elections-mail ballot offense. $1K Bond. *Charged (5/5/21) with a felony of influencing public servants. This last charge was dismissed with the murder charges. Chaffee County
Felony forgery charges will be addressed after murder trial.
Missing info, Barry’s PP loan & court info from 5/10/21 thru 7/19/22 reference post #895 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...se-dismissed-w-o-prejudice-103.626967/page-45

7/21/22 Update: Forgery: Morphew is taking a plea agreement. Plead guilty to forgery. Sentencing: Morphew agreed to deferred sentence to 1 year, supervised probation. No jail time. “I believe there should be some sort of punishment,” Judge Murphy said. 32 hours of community service & he can do it in Denver, not Chaffee Co. if he wants. Eytan is now asking if Morphew can use a hunting rifle. “He is an avid hunter & would like to hunt in the upcoming hunting season.” Request is for firearms & archery. Murphy says it’s not too uncommon of a request in this county. Judge has a probation officer in the meeting now who says he can have a muzzle loader & a bow but not firearms under federal law until the deferred sentence is complete. When Morphew wants to hunt with a bow & muzzle loader he has to make a request through his probation officer before hunting. Two other charges – attempt to influence a public servant and election mail ballot offense – were dismissed as part of the plea agreement. Chaffee County: In the forgery case, Morphew has a review hearing set for 11/28/22, according to court records. If he complies with the deferred sentence, he will have another hearing next year to end the deferred sentence. Morphew was fined & assessed court costs of $600. Barring a reversal, the deferred judgment will end on June 21, 2023. Should he run afoul of the agreement, Morphew faces up to six years in prison if there are extraordinary or aggravating circumstances. Case was reopened on 8/16/22.
9/7/22 Update: Hearing in Fremont County on 10/25/22. According to court documents, a motion to return property was filed 5/26/22. Barry had his criminal charges tied to the disappearance of Suzanne dismissed on 4/18/22. According to the motion, the prosecution has been in possession of Barry’s property for more than two years & “there is no link between the property to the location or circumstances of Mrs. Morphew’s disappearance.” Filed on 5/26/22: Verified Motion for return of property & request for evidentiary hearing (D-104). See link for items requested. Judge Groome presiding in hearing (Dept. 3)
link: https://s3.documentcloud.org/docume...orphew-pleadings-d-104-return-of-property.pdf

6/1/22: Order: Prosecution response required re: Verified Motion for return of property & request for evidentiary hearing [D-104] by 6/22/22. 6/17/22: People''s response to defense motion for return of property & request for evidentiary hearing [D-104]. Requests Court to deny the defense's Motion. See link: https://ia601401.us.archive.org/9/items/peoples-fu-to-barryeytan-d-104/people_D-104.pdf

Last edited:
As sad as it all is, I am content knowing today will enrich IE (not that I care for her or her tactics) and deplete BM’s bank account, money he stole from SM and ultimately the daughters he “claims” to love. By the time all is said and done, there will be nothing left. I still remain confident an arrest is coming, don’t know when, but it IS coming. When BM realized nobody was believing him and LE arrested him, he could have admitted what he’d done, claimed he’d “lost control” and submitted to the punishment due for his evil deed and saved the massive expenditure his defence has and will continue to cost, money that would have ensured the girls were well taken care of. He stole their mother from them and he took SM’s money from them. Such a loving father (where’s that vomit emoji?).
All MOO.

As sad as it all is, I am content knowing today will enrich IE (not that I care for her or her tactics) and deplete BM’s bank account, money he stole from SM and ultimately the daughters he “claims” to love. By the time all is said and done, there will be nothing left. I still remain confident an arrest is coming, don’t know when, but it IS coming. When BM realized nobody was believing him and LE arrested him, he could have admitted what he’d done, claimed he’d “lost control” and submitted to the punishment due for his evil deed and saved the massive expenditure his defence has and will continue to cost, money that would have ensured the girls were well taken care of. He stole their mother from them and he took SM’s money from them. Such a loving father (where’s that vomit emoji?).
All MOO.
Agreed, IMO, BM only loves one person.

Iris said guns are shared ownership between Barry and MM1
Listed numerous items from list including trail cams, family portrait, receipts, documents, letter from Barry to Suzanne, a suitcase - asked what they have to do with finding Suzanne
Said some items that have been downloaded such as computers, kindle, ipad could be returned

Iris said guns are shared ownership between Barry and MM1
Listed numerous items from list including trail cams, family portrait, receipts, documents, letter from Barry to Suzanne, a suitcase - asked what they have to do with finding Suzanne
Said some items that have been downloaded such as computers, kindle, ipad could be returned
I'm fine with most of that stuff being given back, as it's not vital evidence. I just want them to keep the things they may need for another prosecution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam