Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Kelsey Berreth. Rye seems somehow known to me, but why?
I was in UK when I first read about "Bishop Castle," a work in progress -- located in Rye, CO. The population of Rye is only about 200, it's mostly rural and the story of the castle is featured on Roadside America. After 50+ years, it's now somewhat of a sad story.

Last edited:
Just a thought I had after reading the PCA on the Delphi case. There was an unspent bullet shell round found at the murder scene.

There was an unspent .22 cal round found in the Suzanne's bedroom. Considering the lack of any evidence of a murder at the Morphew home, I'm starting to wonder if bM took Suzanne out of the home at gunpoint and took her to a place he had already set up to murder her. It would explain a lot of things or lack of things found at the residence. He could have marched her up into the hills to a kill site instead of carrying her there after the fact like a lot of people thought. He definitely had the time to do so. Again, just throwing this out there.
I just saw this thread. I really followed that case. my theory is that Barry didn't kill her - at least not directly. imo jmo my theory is that he shot her with the tranquilizer, dumped her still alive into the mine shaft, and left her. she would have been drugged, frozen, trapped unable to get out, etc. and then his statement about the last time he saw her she was sleeping would technically be true. jmo.

editing to share this info: https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/uploads/AML_PUB_DangersAtAbandonedMines.pdf

Last edited:
I just saw this thread. I really followed that case. my theory is that Barry didn't kill her - at least not directly. imo jmo my theory is that he shot her with the tranquilizer, dumped her still alive into the mine shaft, and left her. she would have been drugged, frozen, trapped unable to get out, etc. and then his statement about the last time he saw her she was sleeping would technically be true. jmo.

editing to share this info: https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/files/uploads/AML_PUB_DangersAtAbandonedMines.pdf
Entirely possible.

Also entirely possible that was his plan.

The scratch marks on his arm tells me his plan went sideways.

And ended manually.

JMO

I seem to recall the story was that he was throwing away his boots but wanted to remove the laces first, to keep those.
Or some such foolishness like that.
This thought just came to me. Could he have choked Suzanne to death with the shoelaces and he had to get rid of them because her DNA would be all over them. This would be after he darted her.

JMO

Yes, didn't Barry have new bootlaces? Which some of us think may be because he got Suzanne's blood on his old ones.
He removed the old laces from his boots and dumped the boots but kept the laces. My deceased husband used to keep old laces from boots, shoes whatever. He kept them until we moved then pitched them. Dork. j/k I'm having an awful time this Christmas without him here. Sad.

He removed the old laces from his boots and dumped the boots but kept the laces. My deceased husband used to keep old laces from boots, shoes whatever. He kept them until we moved then pitched them. Dork. j/k I'm having an awful time this Christmas without him here. Sad.

RBBM

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

{{{HUGS}}}

RBBM

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

{{{HUGS}}}
Thank you. I'm doing okay, but I have my moments. I still can't believe he's gone, and when I think that, I remember someone telling me he's never coming back. So true. You know, he was 77 years old and he did live life the way he wanted to. He was a very generous man, loving and kind.

I think about little kids either dying from an illness or murder. Like Gannon. He struggled to live when he was born, and struggled fiercely to live while he was being murdered by that witch. I have a very hard time understanding how the Stauch's deal with that every single day. It's got to be awful, terrible. I believe to lose your child to death is about the worst thing there is.

My husband was elderly and it was his time to go. He wanted to go, he told me so twice. Two days before he died, he went down memory lane naming people who had gone before him who he wanted to see. He was fully conscious and in his right mind until the very end. And then he was gone. I'm dealing with it.

Thank you for thinking about me. Have a very Merry Christmas! xo

January 1. Barry is still a free man. How much longer?

i have really had Suzanne on my heart. I sincerely hope Barry is arrested, charged and tried soon and he spends his life in jail. Just want to cry.
Delphi and, more recently, Moscow have had some much-needed resolution, answers, and hopeful closure to their painful losses this year. I have faith and hope that there will be a defining moment for Suzanne in the very near future. May our collective willpower make it happen!

It will take a better team. DA here lost the preliminary hearing. Could not show presumption great. Made a spaghetti dish out of the evidence.
I disagree. The presumption great/bail issue was lost on the DNA testimony by former agent Cahill who testified other than he'd been prepared by the DA's office.

During the September preliminary hearing, the judge found "that proof was not evident and the presumption not great" based on that DNA evidence. The judge wrote specifically, that unknown DNA profile "doesn’t prove a stranger abduction theory, it does at least support it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27