Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* #105

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM DUP

Last edited:
DBM DUP

Last edited:
Yes. He found a stack of papers and mail, including insurance documents, according to him.There was file folder metal bands in the fireplace where he burned her journal and only he knows what else. There's security photos of him bringing documents into the hotel.
Thank you!

Rest in Peace, JP

Didn't JP find insurance papers in the room at the hotel, in addition to the wet towels on the floor? I thought the insurance papers were underneath a pillow, but I could be wrong.

I believe it was a solicitation addressed to BM for property insurance. JP gave it to the FBI.

Wasn’t there an interview in which Morgan states that she and JP discussed the job site and motel room situation and JP advised her to document everything??
I’ve had no luck in finding that interview. Maybe I’m misremembering?
Also, is there any information released about JP’s cause of death?MOO

Wasn’t there an interview in which Morgan states that she and JP discussed the job site and motel room situation and JP advised her to document everything??
I’ve had no luck in finding that interview. Maybe I’m misremembering?
Also, is there any information released about JP’s cause of death?MOO
Yes, I also recall MG stating JP suggested she document a timeline of her communication with BM beginning on Saturday to Tuesday when they left Broomfield after they had no materials. I think it was most likely a video-recorded interview because I'm also not seeing these details in the MEDIA thread.

I believe it was a solicitation addressed to BM for property insurance. JP gave it to the FBI.

I believe it was related to the sale of Suzanne's home in Indiana - BM was also part owner. He killed her and took all the proceeds IMO.

I believe it was related to the sale of Suzanne's home in Indiana - BM was also part owner. He killed her and took all the proceeds IMO.
I think it was nothing important - I could imagine him grabbing the mail out of the box on the way out of town and sifting through it tossing everything not important.

I
I think it was nothing important - I could imagine him grabbing the mail out of the box on the way out of town and sifting through it tossing everything not important.
Fair enough. I think it was important. I could imagine him burning records and journals at the house, going through insurance paperwork to see if missing wife is covered on insurance policies, covering his tracks, and preparing to sell all their joint assets. He also brought stacks of paperwork to the fake alibi. It worked. He made 1 million dollars killing his wife, benefiting from her equity in home sales. All IMO

I

Fair enough. I think it was important. I could imagine him burning records and journals at the house, going through insurance paperwork to see if missing wife is covered on insurance policies, covering his tracks, and preparing to sell all their joint assets. He also brought stacks of paperwork to the fake alibi. It worked. He made 1 million dollars killing his wife, benefiting from her equity in home sales. All IMO
Don't get me wrong - all those things are entirely plausible, but it all needs to be proved in a trial and that is the current conundrum. They aren't able to prove the journal was burned just that it "might have", they aren't able to prove many little details that we know of potentially but since it didn't make it to trial we don't know what they know that we don't know.

Don't get me wrong - all those things are entirely plausible, but it all needs to be proved in a trial and that is the current conundrum. They aren't able to prove the journal was burned just that it "might have", they aren't able to prove many little details that we know of potentially but since it didn't make it to trial we don't know what they know that we don't know.
Totality of evidence proves his guilt. How would one surmise they aren't able to prove anything at a trial that never occurred?

Regardless of the content, it made it into the hands of the FBI and that was the end of the hotel's "mail from the rubbish bin story." However, the fireplace files are another story that did make the preliminary hearing. JMO

Totality of evidence proves his guilt. How would one surmise they aren't able to prove anything at a trial that never occurred?
Absolutely! Several cases I've followed recently have been mostly circumstantial and when adding up all the circumstantial pieces, there is just too much to excuse away all of it as coincidence or with some innocent reason. When ever piece of circumstantial evidence looks bad and some other explanation must be the reason for it, then at what point is it just what it is.. everything is pointing to one person and either that person is the most unlucky person ever to have double digit coincidences surrounding their involvement in a crime OR simplest answer is it looks bad because they did it.

This tweet by LS was from the prelim hearing where the prosecution had to pry it out of the defense to confirm that instead of unloading his truck bed to his room and the hotel reception, he could have used those minutes to call off his crew and tell them the job was canceled due to his family emergency.

... But he didn't because BM believed he had the perfect alibi for a perfect murder, NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow