Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Definitely worth a listen to SMs sister speaking with Lauren Scharf. I feel like the sister speaking about BM was a way to reach out to the two daughters. She loves them and hasnt spoke to them in over a year according to her.
So sad for the two daughters.
Great point. Those daughters are gonna need their family even if they don’t yet realize it.
There’s no winning for them today.

WOW! Definitely worth a listen to SMs sister speaking with Lauren Scharf. I feel like the sister speaking about BM was a way to reach out to the two daughters. She loves them and hasnt spoke to them in over a year according to her.
So sad for the two daughters.

I have not bee following closely

Can you explain why the daughters have not spoken to their aunt since Suzanne's disappearance a year ago?

I spent a lot of time trying to deal with my sadness that Suzanne's murderer might never be charged.

The degree of happiness and joy I feel right now is indescribable. I am so glad that Suzanne will never be forgotten, that the domestic violence and Barry's true personality will now come to light. All of the people who insisted there was nothing peculiar about Barry - or even tried to say that he was plainly a godly man...have to rethink how they view villains and suspects.

Barry's exterior, his manliness, his skills (as landscaper and hunter) are all fiction. He used Suzanne's money to fund his shell companies and to buy things, he lied frequently and to many people. He hid behind the persona of a good Christian man and a fireman. LE knew this all along and I wouldn't be surprised if the public official he tried to bribe/threaten or influence was the Fire Chief.

I have some other theories about who it could have been, and at the time I posted those theories, we weren't allowed to sleuth Barry.

Now, we can sleuth away. I think getting arrested for first degree murder with deliberation counts as being a suspect.

Can you explain why the daughters have not spoken to their aunt since Suzanne's disappearance a year ago?

We are still not allowed to sleuth the daughters.

o_O

Graduation next week and not one parent by their side. :(:mad:
Great point. Those daughters are gonna need their family even if they don’t yet realize it.
There’s no winning for them today.
Unfortunately their is not, but it has to be a huge amount of relief. The win is they can now know the facts. I would cheer them on at graduation, they need everyone's support.

Great news today :)

I wonder if Barry was “pacing back and forth and looking out of the window” this morning before they took him down? I’m so pleased LE managed to keep this under wraps, as I don’t think he would have gone quietly...

After the arrest, what's next for BM in the criminal court system?

The Process:...

1. Arrest

*2. 1st advisement: This is the first time the accused is brought into court. During this hearing, the judge will advise the accused that they are under “investigation”. This means the District Attorney has not filed charges yet. The Judge will advise the accused what crime they are being investigated for committing. Bond will be set on all cases except those involving investigations for homicides.

*3. 2nd advisement: During this hearing, the judge will advise the accused what crime or crimes they have been charged with committing. The judge may also hear arguments to reduce bond.

4. Bond Hearing: A hearing in which the accused may ask the court to reduce the set amount of bond. Bond is an amount of money which is required to get out of jail while resolution of the criminal case.

5. Preliminary Hearing: At this hearing, the District Attorney will be required to present sufficient evidence to prove that it is more likely than not that the accused committed the crime or crimes he/she is charged with committing. The District Attorney is not required to put on all of their evidence or even the testimony of the victim. The court will allow statements of witnesses to come into evidence through a detective or other police officer. The accused will not testify. With few exceptions, only persons charged with a class 1, 2, or 3 felony or who are in jail on a class 4,5, or 6 are entitled to this hearing. Any person may waive their right to a preliminary hearing. Waiving the hearing is not unusual and is done to keep open a plea bargain. By waiving a preliminary hearing, the accused does not waive any other of his/her rights.

A. Plea bargain - An agreement by the accused, his lawyer, and the District Attorney which may involve a reduction of charges, dismissal of some charges, or agreement on sentencing

*6. Arraignment: A hearing in which the accused either enters a plea of not guilty and sets a jury trial or enters a plea of guilty to the agreed on plea bargain.

7. Jury Trial

Colorado Law prohibits cameras/live stream, and/or expanded news media coverage in the courtroom except for Advisements and Arraignments.

https://www.coloradodefenders.us/wp...e-to-the-colorado-criminal-justice-system.pdf

Last edited:

I imagine they have been stuck in the middle of a horrendous situation. Their Mum disappeared, when they were away, on Mother's Day - imagine the guilt they may feel. Imagine knowing Dad allegedly was the last one to see her alive, will they want to believe him, yes, but do they? Who knows. Then factor in Mum's side of the family, who have publicly stated they feel Dad has something to do with her disappearance, they may have had doubts themselves, but were scared, confused, angry, grieving and so on. Those poor girls must have had the worst year. This one isn't shaping up to be much better either so far, now they have lost Mum and Dad. I hope they can reunite with Suzanne's side of the family, if they haven't started to already.
I hope they find peace, their Mum is returned to them and they move forward to be wonderful women like their beautiful mother was and never forget how much Suzanne loved them.

All imo

I wonder about the whole business re a cougar being by the house, his leaving a bloody elk rack from a "road kill" near the house, something never seemed to make sense with that.

I've never bought that it was convenient "road kill." I think BM hunted out of season and took the rack illegally.

I think this is his overall antisocial MO - he constantly breaks rules and laws, big and small. Others frequently see him as charming.

He's a monster. He did succeed in attracting a mountain lion towards the house (apparently), though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77