Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never bought that it was convenient "road kill." I think BM hunted out of season and took the rack illegally.

I think this is his overall antisocial MO - he constantly breaks rules and laws, big and small. Others frequently see him as charming.

He's a monster. He did succeed in attracting a mountain lion towards the house (apparently), though.

I know. I never bought the road kill excuse, being that elk are so big, that racks are in demand, that there would be no remarkable rack that time of year, all the stuff we talked about. It was just so weird that a puma showed up at his house, or in his driveway right when a puma was being portrayed as the perpetrator.

I wonder if it was an elaborate scheme to frighten his girls, to get them to fear/hate the place and lend credence to an animal attack. "A puma was in the driveway, girls, LE saw it, be very very very careful, look what happened to your poor mother."

Last edited:
This has been a long time coming! Feel for their children and family though, this must be unimaginably difficult. I hope they finally find Suzanne now, she deserves to be brought home. How betrayed her loved ones must be feeling.

Good thing Ol' Barry got all his property sold. Going to be needing that $$ right about now.
Suzanne put $500,000 into it, money that should be going to her daughters. It's sickening to think that he's going to have megabucks for a defense fund. I recently inherited more than that amount of money, and I made it very clear to my husband that the money is being put in a trust for our children, so he has no incentive to do anything to me. I'm only halfway kidding. This case taught me that an inheritance should never become comingled with community property or funds. It was really breathtaking how quickly he did what is usually difficult and time consuming to do--he became her guardian since she was "incapacitated," i.e. dead, and within a few months, he was able to completely liquidate all of her assets. I suspect that his greed was key in bringing him down or at least making him highly suspect.

Last edited:
Thank goodness! I was so afraid BM wouldn't be taken for arrest without resorting to violence.

Heartbroken for SM's daughters and hope they are both in the company of good and close friends who can support them throughout.
If Barry’s daughter(s) weren't in the home, I wish SWAT would have broken the door down.

Attempt to Influence Offense?
...Regarding the charge of attempted influence:
His female coworker from the grading site and chlorinated hotel room: Didn't she relate something about (I'm ad-libbing) being approached by 2 men who said "We can't pay you now because it might look like bribery"? I remember it basically made no sense at the time.
Still doesn't but maybe it somehow ties in.
@renah sbm bbm Thx for your post. Remember, offense date was May 10, same day as MisPers. ^ post references events occurring days or a week later {ETA: not sure exactly when, but not May 10}.
Afaik, none of those three ppl were public servants. jmo

But yes, you're right--- the might look like a bribe-convo makes no sense to me either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member